[OT] Broadband!

Old May 2nd 05, 05:34 PM
Irulan

cgts! As they say, once you've tried it you'll never go back g
Jazz & his mama who's finally getting a digital camera so she can post some
of her handsome boy's pictures on the web

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Yowie" wrote in message
WoooHoooo!

Whilst being as divorce inspiring as Ikea furniture, the broadband is
finally up and running!

Wooohooooooooooooooo!

Yowie, joining the 21st century

Old May 2nd 05, 06:28 PM
Adrian

Yowie wrote:
WoooHoooo!

Whilst being as divorce inspiring as Ikea furniture, the broadband is
finally up and running!

Wooohooooooooooooooo!

Yowie, joining the 21st century

Congratulations! I have a few more weeks to wait before it's available
here.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old May 2nd 05, 06:51 PM
Karen AKA Kajikit

On Mon, 02 May 2005 14:28:33 GMT, Victor Martinez
wrote:

Mary wrote:
That's really true. DSL seems to be faster even than
my old cable ISP, which I did not think was possible.

You can check your actual speed on various sites, I like this one:
http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Victor, posting at 4.1 mbps...

Hmmm... interesting. The first time I tried it timed out before I
accessed the site (not a good sign lol!) The second time it connected
and apparantly I'm running at 2 megabits per second, which is a hair
below average for cable in Florida. Darn I clicked on the 'explain
results' and it won't go back to the previous screen. Anyway, not too
shabby

~Karen aka Kajikit
Crafts, cats, and chocolate - the three essentials of life
http://www.kajikitscorner.com
*remove 'nospam' to reply
Old May 2nd 05, 08:23 PM
Bev

"Yowie" wrote in message
WoooHoooo!

Whilst being as divorce inspiring as Ikea furniture, the broadband is
finally up and running!

Wooohooooooooooooooo!

Yowie, joining the 21st century

I'm a deep green all over. Hmmmmm birthday coming up, perhaps it's time
to do some hinting.

Bev
--
Cats aren't clean, they're just covered with cat spit.
Old May 2nd 05, 08:45 PM
Jeanette

Yowie wrote in message
WoooHoooo!

Whilst being as divorce inspiring as Ikea furniture, the broadband is
finally up and running!

Wooohooooooooooooooo!

Yowie, joining the 21st century

Hey, that's great. You'll never leave your seat.

Jeanette (aka numb bum)

Old May 2nd 05, 09:13 PM
Jo Firey

I got a feeling hours more on the computer is not an option for Yowie. Just
going to be enjoying those hours more.

Jo
"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
.. .

Yowie wrote:

WoooHoooo!

Whilst being as divorce inspiring as Ikea furniture, the broadband is
finally up and running!

Wooohooooooooooooooo!

Yowie, joining the 21st century

Congratulations, the only down side is that you'll be on the 'puter hours
more a day and night, week-ends, holidays. You'll love it!!
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin,
Aggie Marble,
Victor Velcro

Old May 2nd 05, 10:08 PM
Mary

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Mary wrote:
That's really true. DSL seems to be faster even than
my old cable ISP, which I did not think was possible.

You can check your actual speed on various sites, I like this one:
http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Victor, posting at 4.1 mbps...

For some reason mine came back
3303.6 kbps. Does that mean 3.3 mbps??
(Stupid question, maybe, but necessary. Adding
2+2 is difficult for math idiots. Metric stuff
freezes me up completely!)

Old May 2nd 05, 11:49 PM
Christine Burel

Yay! Congrats!
It is sooo easy to get spoiled by this, too, once you have it.
Christine

Old May 3rd 05, 01:45 AM
Yowie

"Tish Silberbauer" wrote in message
oooh ... jealous
If that were real time it would read "jjjeeeeaaaallllooooouuuussss"
because my dial-up is so-flaming-slow compared to the wonders of
broadband!

I doubt we'll be getting broadband here anytime soon and can't really
justify the costs of a satellite link-up, but regardless of that, I'm
really, really happy for you.

Can Dave and I pop down occasionally and download really big things
just for fun??

You know you'd be welcome, whether you download big stuff for fun or even
for something as technically archaic as just enjoying a cuppa and a chat....

As long as you know that we don't call The Yowlet "the Chaos Mage" for
nothing :-). Do you like the sensation of lego under your bare feet by any
chance? If so, my place would be your idea of heaven :-)

Actually, have you checked to see if broadband is available where you are?
My sister's phone number has the first 4 digits the same as yours and hers
is broadband enabled. The installation is not actually all that hard as long
as only one person is doing it and everyone else lets them be till its done

Yowie

Old May 3rd 05, 01:53 AM
Yowie

Mary wrote:
That's really true. DSL seems to be faster even than
my old cable ISP, which I did not think was possible.

You can check your actual speed on various sites, I like this one:
http://bandwidthplace.com/speedtest/

Victor, posting at 4.1 mbps...

Home was about 3.4 mbps, which was rated as "not bad" for Australia, and
work was a measly 197.1 kbps, rated as "mediocre". Work is a T1 connection,
I'd assume, but during business hours theres often a huge load on it, so it
can get horrendously slow sometimes. Weekends and after hours, though, its
like greased lightening!

Actually, I was happy enough with dial-up, I don't do much on the internet
except except mail and newsgroups, which are almost exclusively text based
and so dial-up wasn't an issue most of the time. My surfing is very limited,
and usually its the same old sites anyway, so I have the cache of images
already on my HD, and didn't take *that* long to load. It frustrated the
life out of Joel, though, because it meant he couldn't on-line game or
download movies, songs etc etc. I just hope I don't become an Xbox *and* PC
widow because of this!

Yowie