Update on Persia

Old December 18th 12, 02:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Update on Persia

Persia is doing very well. She's eating her prescription kibble and
gets a little bit of canned Friskies every day as a treat. I've got an
appointment for her to be checked again in January. She's eating,
drinking, pooping and peeing normally. She seems happy. We play a lot.
She snuggles next to me when I'm on the couch reading a book. When
she's not snoozing next to me, she plays that reach-out-and-tap- my-nose
game

She's still a little pill if I go near the refrigerator. I've never
really given her "people food" but she knows the refrigerator is where
the milk is. Sometimes it's distracting when she meows and me and I'm
trying to cook. You can't tell a cat it's not all about *her*; they
don't listen. LOL

She's eating her k/d kibble like the little champ she is. She ate c/d
and w/d before that. This sweet kitty has been through bladder
infections, surgery to remove a (thankfully benign) bladder tumor. She
had a severe allergic reaction to the pills and ear gel for
hyperthyroidism. She underwent radioactive isotope therapy. She's been
boarded for long periods of time. (That was not my choice, but what do
you say when your mother says "What's more important, your cat or your
mother?" Oh gawd, not the guilt trip! That's a whole 'nuther story.)

At any rate, she's still active and happy. I love her so much.

Jill
Old December 18th 12, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matt Ferrari[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Good to read go Persia!

Old December 18th 12, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rusty[_2_]

On Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:57:57 AM UTC-5, jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Good to hear Persia is doing well despite all her health issues.
Rusty was the same. At one point I wasn't sure he would live to 10 years old.
But he was 16 before going to RB.
You post reminded me of Rusty sitting just outside the kitchen while I cooked,
patiently waiting for his meal. He knew that he would get fed soon after I
finished in the kitchen. Only in his last year did he yowled for his food,
probably because his tummy hurt from the pancreatitis. He probably thought
food would take sooth his tummy. -- Winnie
Old December 18th 12, 07:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:57:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

[...]

Twentyfive or thirty years ago my son gave me an ultimatum: either Princess (Siamese) or him).
I told him I\d choose the cat any day. He didn't say thaT AGAIN. lol. mlb

Old December 18th 12, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/18/2012 2:35 PM, mlbriggs wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:57:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

boarded for long periods of time. (That was not my choice, but what do
you say when your mother says "What's more important, your cat or your
mother?" Oh gawd, not the guilt trip! That's a whole 'nuther story.)

At any rate, she's still active and happy. I love her so much.

Jill

Twentyfive or thirty years ago my son gave me an ultimatum: either Princess (Siamese) or him).
I told him I\d choose the cat any day. He didn't say thaT AGAIN. lol. mlb

LOL! May I ask what was the reason for his ultimatum? Siamese are
often very chatty...

Jill
Old December 18th 12, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Very glad to hear it, it nice to read some good news.
--
Adrian
Old December 18th 12, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLBriggs

On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:16:53 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

On 12/18/2012 2:35 PM, mlbriggs wrote:
On Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:57:57 -0500, jmcquown wrote:

boarded for long periods of time. (That was not my choice, but what do
you say when your mother says "What's more important, your cat or your
mother?" Oh gawd, not the guilt trip! That's a whole 'nuther story.)

At any rate, she's still active and happy. I love her so much.

Jill

Twentyfive or thirty years ago my son gave me an ultimatum: either Princess (Siamese) or him).
I told him I\d choose the cat any day. He didn't say thaT AGAIN. lol. mlb

LOL! May I ask what was the reason for his ultimatum? Siamese are
often very chatty...

Jill

He actually is allergic to cat fur, but then he is allerB
gic to other things too. He was an allergic child and I had to do a lot of studying on the subject. (t's common in my family on both sides.
We acqired a dog when he was eight and that caused my allergies to get worse, but they subsided in time. One of the
books I read stated it takes 20 years to outgrow an allergy.
Old December 19th 12, 01:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Nadia N.

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

That is great to hear. Kotyo is sending extra strong purrs to Persia to
eat her k/d and be strong and healthy for many more years. He knows what
it's like to go through one health problem after another, too. Just this
year he had a mast cell tumor removed from his skin, got a ruptured
trachea, and then 3 months later got a massive infection in his mouth
and had to have 2 teeth extracted. But today he is happily devouring his
wet k/d and asking for seconds.

It is so good to see them inhaling their food and begging for more,
isn't it? Especially when they've had health problems in the past. The
bad times make you appreciate the little things so much more. I get so
happy just watching Kotyo eat. And he, being the good little monster
that he is, would like to make me happy *all the time*. He doesn't cry
for food like Persia, though. He just sits there and stares at me. I
think he's trying to hypnotize me into giving him more food.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety
--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old December 19th 12, 04:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Nadia N. wrote:

That is great to hear. Kotyo is sending extra strong purrs to Persia to
eat her k/d and be strong and healthy for many more years. He knows what
it's like to go through one health problem after another, too. Just this
year he had a mast cell tumor removed from his skin, got a ruptured
trachea, and then 3 months later got a massive infection in his mouth
and had to have 2 teeth extracted.

Poor little monster! He's been through a lot, hasn't he? And so have you!

But today he is happily devouring his wet k/d and asking for seconds.

sigh of relief

It is so good to see them inhaling their food and begging for more,
isn't it? Especially when they've had health problems in the past. The
bad times make you appreciate the little things so much more. I get so
happy just watching Kotyo eat. And he, being the good little monster
that he is, would like to make me happy *all the time*. He doesn't cry
for food like Persia, though. He just sits there and stares at me. I
think he's trying to hypnotize me into giving him more food.

Roxy does this - just sits quietly and stares at me - but she also
tilts her head fetchingly and gazes at me with adoration. Apparently
she has been taught that that behavior will get her some treats. I
don't know who taught her that!

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

I think I've finally gotten to the point where, when I see the name
"Kotyo," I don't hear "Kyoto" in my head. Oops - wrong part of the
world. So now I hear "Kot-cho" in my head. Is that how you pronounce
it? Or...?

--
Joyce

If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the
government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that."
-- John Waters, on the sorry style of today's rebels

Persia Update jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 7 August 4th 12 03:10 PM
Persia Update 4/14/10 jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 3 April 15th 10 01:17 AM
Persia Update jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 June 27th 04 09:33 PM
Update on Persia :) jmcquown Cat anecdotes 34 April 14th 04 10:20 PM