The Move is ON!

Old June 16th 15, 01:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default The Move is ON!

On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 14:08:29 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 6/12/2015 1:58 PM, Joy wrote:
On 6/12/2015 5:58 AM, dgk wrote:

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

So I'm waiting for my lawyer to tell me the closing date and when I
have to get out, so I can arrange the mover. What a mess this is going
to be.

Packing is now going into overdrive,and I have to finalize how I'm
getting three (more liley four) cats into a mini-van and drive for two
days.

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

This will be an interesting few weeks.

If you feel that way about Florida in July, why are you moving there?
I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Good luck with the move, and especially with Baby.

He's moving there to be closer to his elderly mother.

Jill

And because I really hate winter. Hot I don't mind so much.
Old June 16th 15, 01:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:10:00 -0400, "Robert Catt"
wrote:

"dgk" wrote in message ...

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

Good for you! Otherwise poor Baby would be abandoned. More people should
treat feral cats as you're doing.

She isn't really feral though. I can pet her and even scratch under
her chin. Her mother, Jet, is truly feral and is one of the reasons I
left Baby outside. They often hang out together and I never wanted to
break them up. There is also Buddy, an intact male. He's also too
feral to consider taking inside.

But Baby should adapt well. I didn't manage to get her in during the
last week but I have to do it very soon.

The timing is pretty bad, On June 27th I go to Chicago for a family
get together. We all hang out out at a brother's big old house for a
week. Then I come back on July 4th and have four days until the move
is scheduled. So I have to get Baby in soon so she can at least get
used to things (and the other cats) before I disappear for a week.
What a mess.
Old June 16th 15, 01:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 14 Jun 2015 15:10:45 -0500, MaryL
wrote:

On 6/12/2015 7:58 AM, dgk wrote:

The people buying my house got the mortgage so apparently I'm actually
going to be moving to Florida in a few weeks. Perfect, moving to
Florida in July. Ugg.

Hopefully, you will have a good air conditioning system.

MaryL

All the houses have good a/c systems.
Old June 16th 15, 01:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:32:27 -0500, MaryL
wrote:

On 6/12/2015 7:58 AM, dgk wrote:

This means that the outside cat, Baby, will probably be moving into my
house today. She doesn't know it yet; she's been outside her whole
life which is probably around five years. But she counts on me, and
I'm no longer going to be there, so I guess she has to come along.
Welcome to the inside Baby.

This will be an interesting few weeks.

Were you able to bring Baby inside? I hope it was successful.

MaryL

Not yet, there was too much chaos in the house over the weekend and I
didn't want her around with all of that going on.

I need a few consecutive days home without other people around. I'm
using up a lot of vacation days right now so I'm off work almost every
other day. I need to be home for a few days once I bring baby in so
it's probable that I'll work today and Wednesday, and then have
Thursday and Friday off. So I'll probably take her in on Wednesday
night, isolate her for a day or two, and then let the rabble mix it
up.

The other cats sort of know her since I often pet her and then come in
so they smell her. And they watch from the living room window when I
feed her and the other outside cats. It's also possible that my cat
Scooter is Baby's dad, but we don't know that. I have no idea if he
would recognize her even if that were the case.

The big problem for me is those other outdoor cats. Jet (Baby's mom),
Buddy, and sometimes Elmer. They're all too feral to be moved indoors,
and both myself and the other main feeder are moving away in July.
There are two other people who feed them, but one is very elderly and
the other is very poor. I'm planning on sending the poor one food on a
monthly basis so the cats can survive. Probably those big bags of dry
food from Costco. Some wet food as well.
Old June 16th 15, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/16/2015 7:57 AM, dgk wrote:

The big problem for me is those other outdoor cats. Jet (Baby's mom),
Buddy, and sometimes Elmer. They're all too feral to be moved indoors,
and both myself and the other main feeder are moving away in July.
There are two other people who feed them, but one is very elderly and
the other is very poor. I'm planning on sending the poor one food on a
monthly basis so the cats can survive. Probably those big bags of dry
food from Costco. Some wet food as well.

That is really a special thing for you to send food every month (and
probably much better than sending money because you can be sure it goes
to cat food. We have an organization here that does TNR, and they have
set up a number of feeding stations for feral cats.

MaryL

Old June 16th 15, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/16/2015 8:57 AM, dgk wrote:
The big problem for me is those other outdoor cats. Jet (Baby's mom),
Buddy, and sometimes Elmer. They're all too feral to be moved indoors,
and both myself and the other main feeder are moving away in July.
There are two other people who feed them, but one is very elderly and
the other is very poor. I'm planning on sending the poor one food on a
monthly basis so the cats can survive. Probably those big bags of dry
food from Costco. Some wet food as well.

That's very sweet of you. Is there perhaps a feral cat rescue or TNR
program in your area? Where I live there is a group that does the
trap/neuter/release thing and feeding stations (and food) provided by
volunteers.

Jill
Old June 16th 15, 05:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/16/2015 9:45 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 6/16/2015 7:57 AM, dgk wrote:

The big problem for me is those other outdoor cats. Jet (Baby's mom),
Buddy, and sometimes Elmer. They're all too feral to be moved indoors,
and both myself and the other main feeder are moving away in July.
There are two other people who feed them, but one is very elderly and
the other is very poor. I'm planning on sending the poor one food on a
monthly basis so the cats can survive. Probably those big bags of dry
food from Costco. Some wet food as well.

That is really a special thing for you to send food every month (and
probably much better than sending money because you can be sure it goes
to cat food. We have an organization here that does TNR, and they have
set up a number of feeding stations for feral cats.

MaryL

Jinx! You owe me a coke Or should I say great minds think alike? I
just posted practically the same thing.

Jill
Old June 17th 15, 01:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

Evelyn you're a trouble making old stupid slag, for making the stupid post
that caused all this trouble, I replied to.

Lets just say you had your chance on rpca and blew it big time.

Old June 17th 15, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

Evelyn you're a trouble making old stupid slag, for making the stupid post
that caused all this trouble, I replied to.

Lets just say you had your chance on rpca and blew it big time.

Why do you keep responding to him? Don't you know that's what he wants?

9
Old June 17th 15, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 6/16/2015 8:23 PM, Joy wrote:
"Lord Bergamot" wrote in message

Evelyn you're a trouble making old stupid slag, for making the stupid
post
that caused all this trouble, I replied to.

Lets just say you had your chance on rpca and blew it big time.

Why do you keep responding to him? Don't you know that's what he wants?

Good question, Joy. Threatening to killfile does not work on trolls.
Continuing conversations to try to convert (or converse with) them keeps
them coming back. Makes no sense.

Jill

On the move again Annie Wxill Cat anecdotes 5 April 16th 07 10:29 PM
The move Bridget Cat anecdotes 7 September 6th 06 02:39 AM
don't even try to move a can Mike Cat anecdotes 0 September 12th 05 11:11 AM
there, go move a hen Norma Cat anecdotes 0 September 11th 05 01:39 PM
MIL on the move Stacey Cat anecdotes 2 August 30th 03 03:20 PM