OT - How Old is Old?

Old July 3rd 11, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_5_]

Default OT - How Old is Old?

Just curious. At what age do you consider someone as old? Personally I
feel like I passed old 10 years ago at 49. I'm going to be 60 this coming
October and I feel ancient. However my mom, who is in *MUCH* better shape
than me doesn't seem all that old at 85.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old July 3rd 11, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 2, 8:47*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Just curious. *At what age do you consider someone as old? *Personally I
feel like I passed old 10 years ago at 49. *I'm going to be 60 this coming
October and I feel ancient. *However my mom, who is in *MUCH* better shape
than me doesn't seem all that old at 85.
CatNipped

You've been a reg in rpca a long time. So have I. You forgot what used
to be my
sig line years ago: "If it's too loud......you're too old".
It's not an age.

Old July 3rd 11, 07:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Just curious. At what age do you consider someone as old? Personally I
feel like I passed old 10 years ago at 49. I'm going to be 60 this coming
October and I feel ancient. However my mom, who is in *MUCH* better shape
than me doesn't seem all that old at 85.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

I'm 75 now. I never considered myself old until about a year and a half
ago. I was talking to a woman at church who is very impressed with the fact
that I went skydiving on my 70th birthday. Her husband seldom comes to
church, but he was there that day. She said, "I told my husband, 'See that
little old lady over there? She jumps out of airplanes.'"

Once I recovered from the shock, I decided that yes, I am old, so why not
make the most of it? I am in Toastmasters, and for our next humorous speech
contest, I made a speech about being old. I won at my club, and at the next
level, too.

Joy

Old July 3rd 11, 08:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 3, 12:00*am, "Joy" wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

[...]

Recalling SNL your post reminded me of The Church Lady of that tv
show, "We
like ourselves, don't we?" which applies to your socially inept
conversationalist
quoted. *I* decided that I don't wish to know whether or not you still
talk to her
at church. I have been called many things.....but never "little old
lady".
Old July 3rd 11, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Jul 2, 7:47*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Just curious. *At what age do you consider someone as old? *

There;s a saying "Old is 15 years older than whatever age I am" and I
agree with that. Funny thing is as I've gotten older I've gotten more
comfortable with myself- the Christmas before last I was having a
drink with my youngest brother (who isn't 50 until this December) and
he said since I'd passed 50 I seemed so much happier in myself and so
much more confident than he'd ever known me to be and he hoped he
would be the same once he passed 50

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furball
Old July 3rd 11, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 2, 9:47*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Just curious. *At what age do you consider someone as old? *Personally I
feel like I passed old 10 years ago at 49. *I'm going to be 60 this coming
October and I feel ancient. *However my mom, who is in *MUCH* better shape
than me doesn't seem all that old at 85.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

Helen Mirren was on SNL last night. I couldn't help marveling at how
beautiful she is, in a natural way. And funny. No idea her age, but
I'd
never think of her as old. I think I tend to judge "old" by what's in
your head, how trendy you are, if you're current on news, etc.,
sense of humor (big one!), not the number-age.

Sherry
Old July 3rd 11, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Joy wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

People are starting to call me Sir lately, even young children,
and I dont like it(67).
Old July 3rd 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
hopitus[_2_]

On Jul 3, 9:21*am, Sjouke Burry wrote:
Joy wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Impossible to tell by your nick but not to worry if you're a male. If
not, some action of
some kind is called for.
Old July 3rd 11, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Joy wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Male. My name is real(alas). My sisters name is Sjoukje.
My grandfather and grandmother on mothers side
were Sjouke and Sjoukje.