Lindy update

Old November 11th 08, 10:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default Lindy update

The doctor called me with Lindy's results. Her BUN and creatine are both
higher than they were a month ago, which is not good. The doctor hopes that
getting her onto the special food will help. There was blood in her urine,
so they're going to do a culture to look for an infection, which may be the
cause of her problems.

She needs dental work, but the doctor isn't even going to think about that
until other things are figured out. She says that anesthetic can be highly
dangerous to a cat with kidney problems. OTOH, we don't want her to be in
pain from her teeth and gums. More tests may be needed.

In the meantime, she ate most of her breakfast and wanted food at lunchtime.
I gave her a little and she ate some of it. She spends a lot of time
meowing, sometimes wandering around the house. I don't know if she wants
something I can't figure out, or if she's in pain, or just confused, or
what.

Right now she's curled up in the rocking chair that belonged to my
grandmother and seems to be comfortable and contented.

--

Joy

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of
masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch. - Leo Dworken

Old November 12th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Thank you for the update Joy.
PURRS for poor Lindy and a HUG for you.
Love
Kyla
"Joy"

Old November 12th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:46:42 -0800, "Joy" wrote:

[...]

I hope that Lindy feels better, soon.

It seems like she's been hit with a lot of things, all at once

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old November 12th 08, 08:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Gandalf" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you, Gandalf. Yes, it does. I suspect that something is upsetting
her stomach. The appetite stimulator makes her hungry, but when she tastes
or smells food, she feels nauseous. Poor baby! I feel so bad for her. I'm
going to call and talk to the senior doctor tomorrow, to see if she can
suggest something.

Joy

Old November 12th 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Joy wrote:
[...]

That sounds good :-)

I can't recall how old Lindy is, but I'm guessing she is a older cat?
They'll do that wander around and meow thing. It's just like grandad
grumbling to himself ;-)

Maybe the vet can get off some of the worst of the plaque without
putting her under. That's what they did with my Tiki (died of CRF at
age 19).

I hope the food works. It so often does. The problem is, sometimes,
they won't eat it because it isn't all that palatable. But if they will
eat it, it really is a life-saver.

Hang in, there, okay? I know it's scary, but sounds like you and your
vet are doing what you need to do for her.

Ginger-lyn
Old November 12th 08, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
[...]

Lindy is 15. This morning she acted hungry. I gave her a small amount of
food, and she ate it! I was very encouraged, and decided to wait before
calling the doctor. However, she hasn't shown any interest in food since
then. She spent most of her time curled up in the Dacie chair. I called
the vet this afternoon and found out that I had one choice - to talk to the
one who saw her. The older one is in Hawaii until the 24th. I was put
right through to the new one. She said the next step is to do an
ultrasound. The earliest she could get her in for that is 2:00 tomorrow.
I'm to drop her off and they'll call when she's ready to be picked up.

I'm trying to prepare myself for another loss.

Joy

Old November 16th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn[_2_]

Joy wrote:
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
[...]

{{{{{Joy}}}}}} We really can't ever prepare; it's too painful to prepare
for. We just have to move through it somehow.

I really hope it is something easy to deal with. We need a miracle
here. Folks? Rev up all the purr motors we got?

I'm starting . . . . PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ginger-lyn
Old November 17th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
"Ginger-lyn" wrote in message
Joy wrote:
[...]

I appreciate all the purrs. Since I posted the above, she had some x-rays
and a partial ultrasound (all that could be accomplished that day, for
various reasons). The x-rays showed a mass in her chest, behind the heart
and above the diaphragm. There are tendrils leading upward, which
apparently shows that it is growing, as opposed to a hernia-type bulge from
the diaphragm.

She was terribly upset when I took her in for the x-rays and ultrasound, and
since she is 15, we both decided there was no point in taking her back
another day to finish the ultrasound. She also said that chemo could cause
problems, so we opted to go with prednisone only, along with a new
prescription food (Hills A/D) to try to encourage her to eat. She likes the
new food, and ate quite a bit yesterday. However, today, she hasn't eaten
very much.

Joy

Lindy update Joy Cat anecdotes 18 June 29th 07 01:06 AM
Lindy is home Joy Cat anecdotes 8 July 22nd 06 04:14 PM
Lindy is home Yoj Cat anecdotes 12 July 10th 05 02:07 AM
Lindy update Yoj Cat anecdotes 2 July 9th 05 09:19 AM
Lindy gets vocal Yoj Cat anecdotes 6 October 5th 04 01:13 AM