Ranger the Blanket Master

Old May 17th 09, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
D Mahoney

Default Ranger the Blanket Master

I've mentioned before about how Ranger likes to move blankets around the
house. He has been quite active in his Blanket-Mastering duties lately -
he has been hauling blankets around from the bed more mornings than not
lately.

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

Please ignore the messy unmade bed - we didn't want to disturb the
Ranger Master for something as unimportant as making a bed

Dan
Old May 17th 09, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"D Mahoney" wrote in message
I've mentioned before about how Ranger likes to move blankets around the
house. He has been quite active in his Blanket-Mastering duties lately -
he has been hauling blankets around from the bed more mornings than not
lately.

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

Please ignore the messy unmade bed - we didn't want to disturb the
Ranger Master for something as unimportant as making a bed

Dan

That is one determined cat. Dragging blankets is not as easy as it looks.

It seems the quilt has his approval, as it does mine.
Karla

Old May 17th 09, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"D Mahoney" wrote in message
I've mentioned before about how Ranger likes to move blankets around the
house. He has been quite active in his Blanket-Mastering duties lately -
he has been hauling blankets around from the bed more mornings than not
lately.

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

Please ignore the messy unmade bed - we didn't want to disturb the
Ranger Master for something as unimportant as making a bed

Dan

Can't blame you. What a cutie.

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old May 17th 09, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

D Mahoney wrote:

I've mentioned before about how Ranger likes to move blankets around the
house. He has been quite active in his Blanket-Mastering duties lately -
he has been hauling blankets around from the bed more mornings than not
lately.

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

Wow, that's impressive! He must have strong jaw muscles. I love the
image of him dragging it between his legs, like a leopard dragging some
large ungulate through the grass.

Maybe Ranger and Miranda should start a home decorating business
together.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 17th 09, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

wrote in message
(snip)
Hard for a cat, easy for a standard-size Akita. During the night
Hurricane Andrew
plowed through south end of Miami....and we 50 miles north were not
really sure
where it would land, but were already getting 90mph winds....had set
up my sleeping
comfies in the bathtub, in the only bathroom not having a window.
Three cats and the
dog shared this large bathroom with me that night, and the Akita
seemed mightily
affronted by not being allowed to get in the tub with his Mistress
(the cats appeared
concerned, as *they* know when a natural disaster approaches, but were
fairly at
east with our "shelter" temporary arrangement.
The Akita, sometime later, dragged his "blankie" in and at total quiet
(alerting me that
the 'cane had hit land, and not near us, I awoke to need for air...dog
blankie covering me
and all four pets - 130# Akita - snoozing on top of me, all of us in
the tub! That dog loved
and protected the cats all his life. I think he also protected me that
night.

That is a great story and a great dog.
Karla

Old May 18th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Mine gudnez, we likez da blanket wiff da paw printz on itself. You is a
gudgud kitty Ranger and u duz gudgud work. O T and the gang.

Old May 18th 09, 04:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

D Mahoney wrote:
I've mentioned before about how Ranger likes to move blankets around the
house. He has been quite active in his Blanket-Mastering duties lately -
he has been hauling blankets around from the bed more mornings than not
lately.

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

He looks so innocent in the background! 'What me? I have nothing to do
with that blanket!'

Please ignore the messy unmade bed - we didn't want to disturb the
Ranger Master for something as unimportant as making a bed

I like your sheets. I had to buy these sheets, because the silhouette
is just like skinny Miranda's:

http://s7v1.scene7.com/s7ondemand/zo...&zoomwidth=510

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old May 18th 09, 04:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Marina wrote:

D Mahoney wrote:

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

He looks so innocent in the background! 'What me? I have nothing to do
with that blanket!'

Ha - I thought he looked smug.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old May 19th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"D Mahoney" wrote in message
I've mentioned before about how Ranger likes to move blankets around the
house. He has been quite active in his Blanket-Mastering duties lately -
he has been hauling blankets around from the bed more mornings than not
lately.

This morning Nancy decided to snap a photo of Ranger's blanket
rearranging antics. Her blog has a photo of my blanket as Ranger left it
dragged into the hallway, with Ranger in the background on top of the
bed. The blog page with the photo is at
http://www.iowaweb.us/wordpress/?p=33.

Please ignore the messy unmade bed - we didn't want to disturb the
Ranger Master for something as unimportant as making a bed

Dan

You make your bed? Wow. Ok, I'm a slob. Not only that but Rob is often in
it all day. Now, for the biggie, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT AWESOME QUILT!!!!!
If someone made it for you, is it possible to get a pattern for it? Not
only is Ranger an incredible kitty, but his taste in bed wear is fantastic.

Pam S. whose cats limit themselves to bath towel dragging

Old May 19th 09, 01:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Mon, 18 May 2009 21:32:51 -0400, tanadashoes wrote:

You make your bed? Wow. Ok, I'm a slob. Not only that but Rob is
often in it all day. Now, for the biggie, WHERE DID YOU GET THAT
AWESOME QUILT!!!!! If someone made it for you, is it possible to get a
pattern for it? Not only is Ranger an incredible kitty, but his taste
in bed wear is fantastic.

Pam S. whose cats limit themselves to bath towel dragging

Nancy found it at a store in California. I don't remember where - I'll
ask when I get home.

New Master Magic Mood Jeep Cat anecdotes 6 January 11th 09 09:12 PM
Ranger the Blanket Master, part 2 Daniel Mahoney Cat anecdotes 10 October 12th 07 11:25 PM
Hey ranger!!! Stormmee Cat community 7 January 3rd 06 02:27 PM
Looking for a master... TJ Cat anecdotes 38 April 28th 04 10:01 AM