surprise

Old May 12th 04, 07:23 PM
David Yehudah

Default surprise

Last night late the Yehudah menage were almost all in a state
approaching catalepsy, zonked out by a mind-numbing program on tv that
Patty insisted on watching, when suddenly there arose such a clatter I
sprang out of bed (or off the couch) to see what was the matter. .
..Oops, sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I discovered Samantha in the kitchen
presiding over the death throes of a small, wild rabbit. I picked it up
and escorted it outside, but by the time I set it down, it had kicked
its last kick.

Notice I referred to the critter as 'it.' If I don't depersonalize
something like that very quickly or make light-hearted comments about
it, I get all maudlin and teary-eyed, especially after a couple of
beers. Patty sometimes thinks I'm cold-hearted because I make
inappropriate jokes but she doesn't understand that it's a defense
mechanism.

To one who thinks, life is a comedy; to one who feels, life is a
tragedy. As with most humans I am composed of both tendencies and
therefore have to make a conscious effort to go with my head rather than
my heart. As Abe Lincoln once said, "I have to laugh to keep from crying."

--
Welshmen like to sing, but to me it sounds as if someone is jumping from
a high place into a bathtub full of frogs. And every time I stepped out

Old May 12th 04, 07:36 PM
Karen

Poor bunny. I understand. I think we all do it to some degree. Condolences
on the unknown bunny.

Karen

Old May 12th 04, 08:12 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

"David Yehudah" wrote in message
Last night late the Yehudah menage were almost all in a state
approaching catalepsy, zonked out by a mind-numbing program on tv that
Patty insisted on watching, when suddenly there arose such a clatter I
sprang out of bed (or off the couch) to see what was the matter. .
.Oops, sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I discovered Samantha in the kitchen
presiding over the death throes of a small, wild rabbit. I picked it up
and escorted it outside, but by the time I set it down, it had kicked
its last kick.

Awwwwwwww poor bun-bun. We have a nesting pair in a brush-pile at the very
back of our yard. IF (and I do mean IF) I can drag my pasty white bod out
of bed early enough in the morning, I get to see them frolicking in the
yard. Once I saw them right near the bedroom window, at the edge of the
driveway playing a game of reverse-leapfrog (bun A running at bun B would
NOT jump over bun B, but instead bun B hopped straight up & bun A ended up
running underneath bun B). Also, poor Samantha & mean you for taking away
her 'toy'.

Notice I referred to the critter as 'it.' If I don't depersonalize
something like that very quickly or make light-hearted comments about
it, I get all maudlin and teary-eyed, especially after a couple of
beers. Patty sometimes thinks I'm cold-hearted because I make
inappropriate jokes but she doesn't understand that it's a defense
mechanism.

Don't feel too bad about that - I have that same 'defense'. In 1988 my
father passed away while in the hospital, waiting for heart surgery, which
they couln't perform because his kidneys were failing, they tried to
'jump-start' his kidneys with dialysis, but it wasn't helping. And they
couldn't do a kidney transplant due to his failing heart. It was a catch-22
situation, and he ended up dying in his sleep one night. He had bad vlaves,
and to this day I say that they were going to do 'valve job' on my father.
Some people thingk I'm really crass for that. Sigh.

To one who thinks, life is a comedy; to one who feels, life is a
tragedy. As with most humans I am composed of both tendencies and
therefore have to make a conscious effort to go with my head rather than
my heart. As Abe Lincoln once said, "I have to laugh to keep from crying."

I definatley fall into this category. Another defense is to 'ignore things
and they will go away', but that rarely works, because said things usually
come back to bite me in my pasty white @$$.
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old May 12th 04, 10:13 PM
Jeanette

David Yehudah wrote in message

Welshmen like to sing, but to me it sounds as if someone is jumping from
a high place into a bathtub full of frogs. And every time I stepped out
of the car to relieve myself, the sheep would back towards me with
expectant looks on their faces.

Poor little rabbit. I try not to get too attached to bunnies, when so many
of them end up as cat food.

In other meanderings .... Dave, where DID you get that sig from?

Jeanette

Old May 12th 04, 10:54 PM
Hopitus2

F'Gawd's sake, Dave....how did this rabbit get into your kitchen? Into your
house, for that matter?

"Jeanette" wrote in message
. net...
: