A Big Surprise

Old October 8th 08, 02:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default A Big Surprise

I just put down gooshy food for the clowder, and for the first time EVER,
Baby Eyes is eating it!!

Earlier today I filled the kibble dish and she wolfed down a huge amount
then it came right back up. I thought "maybe she's bulemic" cuz she did the
exact same thing a few days ago. I suppose I will never understand her.

Old October 8th 08, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 7, 8:46�pm, "Pat" wrote:
I just put down gooshy food for the clowder, and for the first time EVER,
Baby Eyes is eating it!!

Earlier today I filled the kibble dish and she wolfed down a huge amount
then it came right back up. I thought "maybe she's bulemic" cuz she did the
exact same thing a few days ago. I suppose I will never understand her.

Wasn't she vomiting violently and suffering from diarrhea just a few
days ago? Her poor
digestive system probably just isn't up to processing a large amount
of dry cat food.

Sherry
Old October 8th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Sherry" wrote

Wasn't she vomiting violently and suffering from diarrhea just a
few days ago? Her poor digestive system probably just isn't up
to processing a large amount of dry cat food.

She vomited a large amount of dry catfood a few days ago. I think she ate
too much too fast the - like she did earlier today. Those are the only times
she's vomited recently. She did have diarrhea but now she just has loose
stools that are not so frequent as before. She is still not acting sick at
all.

I was so pleased to see her eating wet food! It is a pleasure she has missed
out on all her life.

Old October 8th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Oct 7, 11:33�pm, "Pat" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote

Wasn't she vomiting violently and suffering from diarrhea just a
few days ago? Her poor digestive system probably just isn't up
to processing a large amount of dry cat food.

She vomited a large amount of dry catfood a few days ago. I think she ate
too much too fast the - like she did earlier today. Those are the only times
she's vomited recently. She did have diarrhea but now she just has loose
stools that are not so frequent as before. She is still not acting sick at
all.

I was so pleased to see her eating wet food! It is a pleasure she has missed
out on all her life.

Or it could have been the goat's milk, like you first thought. I think
her tummy/digestive tract
needs time to heal and settle down. Cats just can't handle abrupt
changes in diet. You might
try just a spoonful of wet food on top of whatever her normal kibble
diet is, and introduce it
slowly to her system.

Sherry
Old October 8th 08, 06:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
I just put down gooshy food for the clowder, and for the first time
EVER,
Baby Eyes is eating it!!

Earlier today I filled the kibble dish and she wolfed down a huge
amount
then it came right back up. I thought "maybe she's bulemic" cuz she
did the
exact same thing a few days ago. I suppose I will never understand
her.

Hopefully the wet food will help her settle down. My 'magic cure' for
tummy upets in the dogs or cats is a couple of days on a very limited
diet. That is nearly impossible to do when there are a lot of cats
involved.

Jo