Cinders goes to TED

Old April 16th 05, 05:03 PM
John F. Eldredge

Default Cinders goes to TED

Last weekend, Cinders was due for her annual rabies shot.
Unfortunately, she figured out what was going on and went into full
escape-artist mode until after the vet's office had closed for the
day. So, I left the cat-carrier in the bathroom all week, getting her
used to its being there. This morning, when she followed me into the
room, I shut the door behind her and scooped her into the carrier.

She had a rabies shot, a distemper shot, a FIV shot, and a general
checkup, including dental. She wasn't happy about the proceedings
(she growled at the vet while having a stool sample taken), but TED
didn't find any problems. They were also able to weigh her more
accurately than my bathroom scales will do: just 7.6 pounds.

Now, she is back home, and giving herself a good bath to regain her
lost dignity.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old April 16th 05, 05:40 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 11:03:28 -0500, John F. Eldredge wrote:

Last weekend, Cinders was due for her annual rabies shot. Unfortunately,
she figured out what was going on and went into full escape-artist mode
until after the vet's office had closed for the day. So, I left the
cat-carrier in the bathroom all week, getting her used to its being there.
This morning, when she followed me into the room, I shut the door behind
her and scooped her into the carrier.

She had a rabies shot, a distemper shot, a FIV shot, and a general
checkup, including dental. She wasn't happy about the proceedings (she
growled at the vet while having a stool sample taken), but TED didn't find
any problems. They were also able to weigh her more accurately than my
bathroom scales will do: just 7.6 pounds.

Now, she is back home, and giving herself a good bath to regain her lost
dignity.

Now she needs some tummy rubs. Best wishes. MLB

Old April 16th 05, 06:02 PM
jmcquown

John F. Eldredge wrote:
She had a rabies shot, a distemper shot, a FIV shot, and a general
checkup
Now, she is back home, and giving herself a good bath to regain her
lost dignity.

Awww, give her some scritches and maybe a treat. I'll be taking Persia to
be boarded on Wednesday morning. They'll re-up her her shots then. I'll be
gone for a week so she'll have time to recover somewhat. When I get back
she'll be so happy to get back home she will (hopefully) have forgiven me.

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 06:32 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

My sister's cats Tiger and Kitty wrestle with each other. Tiger's
usually the one who starts it and Kitty grawls and hisses at him. They
were wrestling with each other just last night.

Old April 16th 05, 06:33 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

If Persia loves you, she'll forgive you!!!

Old April 16th 05, 08:24 PM
jmcquown

438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl wrote:

If Persia loves you, she'll forgive you!!!

Oh, she loves me for sure. She's a major snuggle-bug

She adopted me in the bitter cold of 2001 after apparently being dumped by
someone. She yowled at my back door to be let in. I'd never had a cat
before so I tried to chase her off. Nope, she would have none of that. So
as the temps plunged to about 23F I ran to the store, bought a bag of cheap
cat food, a litter box and litter. She was still there when I returned so I
invited her inside. She used the litter box and slept on the bed with me
from the first night.

I tried to find her owners but it was a no-go. And after 3-4 days she made
it clear she was staying with me so I took her to the vet. She'd been
spayed and front declawed. She appears to be half (if not more) Russian
Blue. She has the characteristic "blue" (grey) fur and green eyes and
subtle stripes on the tail. She's also a talker and a very lovey cat.
She's about 5-6 years old. She purrs up a storm and loves to snuggle. She
always wakes me up in the morning with a gentle tap-tap on my shoulder and
then purrs in my ear. Her whiskers tickle! "Time to wake up and feed me!"

Jill

Old April 16th 05, 09:08 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear Cinders is ok!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old April 16th 05, 10:47 PM
438's_kilbourne's_baby_girl

She sounds like a cute kitty. Like I said in my other message board, I
love my sister's cat Tiger to bits and I love squeezing him. I love to
snuggle with him but he don't always like to snuggle with me!!!

Old April 17th 05, 03:58 AM
Enfilade

She adopted me in the bitter cold of 2001 after apparently being dumped by
someone. She yowled at my back door to be let in. I'd never had a cat
before so I tried to chase her off. Nope, she would have none of that.

You needed a cat.

You don't get to say because you're just human.

Obviously you didn't understand that she was immediately commencing to
LIVE THERE so she had to yowl until you clued in.

***

As for Cinders, Smokey would like to state that "raybees SUXXORS" and
best wishes for shot recovery.

--Fil

Nanki-Poo's phobia Yoj Cat anecdotes 16 March 6th 05 06:19 AM
Cinders meets an alien John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 72 September 25th 04 08:52 AM
picture of Cinders John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 4 September 6th 04 07:45 AM
[RB] Goodbye, Katie John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 36 March 4th 04 09:07 PM
Friends at last John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 6 January 3rd 04 06:10 AM