Persia showing Love or...

Old May 15th 04, 09:36 PM
jmcquown

Default Persia showing Love or...

....trying to steal my lunch?

I was half-lying on the couch watching an old Perry Mason episode. I was
eating what can only be described as Southern US "soul" food - boiled turnip
greens, white beans and a piece of cornbread. Persia was on the arm of the
couch. She started rubbing her face on my head. I chuckled, I love you
too, Persia! Gave her a gentle head-rub back; continued to watch the
program and eat. She resumed the rubbing and gentle head-butting, purring
the entire time. I gave her a gentle head-butt back. When she continued to
do this, I looked up and noticed she was leaning suspiciously closer to my
plate. I had to laugh... I know for a fact she won't eat any of those
things. Hell, I wouldn't eat most of them (except for the cornbread) until
a few years ago myself! It made me smile.

I'd like to think she really *was* just welcoming me home, but I know what
she was thinking... well, if mom can grow to like that stuff, maybe I should
try it again too

Jill

Old May 15th 04, 10:51 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:36:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

[...]

ROTFL Sammy is the same way. Doesn't matter what it is or how many
times she's tried it. The eternal optimist, just because it wasn't any
good last time she tried, she still tries to hook some off the plate
and steal a taste. I can cook up a pot of beans and eat beans three
nights running, and she has to check every night just in case
something's changed the flavour.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:

Old May 16th 04, 05:32 AM
KLC

scoping out what's for dinner

Chinook used to snuggle into my arms, rub cheeks with me, gaze deep into
my eyes (food? Oh no, mum, I just LOVE you so much - I LOVE you Love
love love) and then, very fast, whip his head around 180 degrees and
scope the dinner table - nose twitching, whiskers out. Then whip his
head back around and pretend that he hadn't looked.

KLC

jmcquown wrote:
...trying to steal my lunch?

snipped

Old May 16th 04, 05:32 AM
KLC

scoping out what's for dinner

Chinook used to snuggle into my arms, rub cheeks with me, gaze deep into
my eyes (food? Oh no, mum, I just LOVE you so much - I LOVE you Love
love love) and then, very fast, whip his head around 180 degrees and
scope the dinner table - nose twitching, whiskers out. Then whip his
head back around and pretend that he hadn't looked.

KLC

jmcquown wrote:
...trying to steal my lunch?

snipped

Old May 16th 04, 10:04 AM
polonca12000

How adorable!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old May 16th 04, 10:04 AM
polonca12000

How adorable!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old May 16th 04, 10:07 AM
jmcquown

Steve Touchstone wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:36:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

...trying to steal my lunch?

I'd like to think she really *was* just welcoming me home, but I
know what she was thinking... well, if mom can grow to like that
stuff, maybe I should try it again too

ROTFL Sammy is the same way. Doesn't matter what it is or how many
times she's tried it. The eternal optimist, just because it wasn't any
good last time she tried, she still tries to hook some off the plate
and steal a taste. I can cook up a pot of beans and eat beans three
nights running, and she has to check every night just in case
something's changed the flavour.

I guess she really *did* miss her mom. I was, er, sitting on the toilet and
she was up by the sink, admiring her pretty face in the mirror, when she
started the head rubbing behavior all over again. I know for a fact there
was no food in the bathroom! ROFL

Jill

Old May 16th 04, 10:07 AM
jmcquown

Steve Touchstone wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:36:55 -0500, "jmcquown"

...trying to steal my lunch?

Old May 16th 04, 01:10 PM
badwilson

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
Steve Touchstone wrote:
On Sat, 15 May 2004 15:36:55 -0500, "jmcquown"
wrote:

...trying to steal my lunch?

I'd like to think she really *was* just welcoming me home, but I
know what she was thinking... well, if mom can grow to like that
stuff, maybe I should try it again too

ROTFL Sammy is the same way. Doesn't matter what it is or how many
times she's tried it. The eternal optimist, just because it wasn't any
good last time she tried, she still tries to hook some off the plate
and steal a taste. I can cook up a pot of beans and eat beans three
nights running, and she has to check every night just in case
something's changed the flavour.

I guess she really *did* miss her mom. I was, er, sitting on the toilet

and
she was up by the sink, admiring her pretty face in the mirror, when she
started the head rubbing behavior all over again. I know for a fact there
was no food in the bathroom! ROFL

Yes, this is what Vino does when we come home from a trip. Constant
rubbing, headbutting, purring and just general love-sluttyness :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered