Day with Spicey

Old November 10th 12, 03:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Day with Spicey

With Spicey out of isolation, I've been able to spend an entire day with
her, and she's been starting to get used to her hoomin's daily routine. I'd
also taken to wearing leather work gloves and other armor around the house
as a matter of course, in order to avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings.

In the morning, I made myself an espresso. Spicey meowed frantically while
I was doing this because, I guess, the marine chromed coffee filter basket
looks a bit like the metal bottom of her food dish or a can of wet food.
She's never before seen me prepare dishes that weren't especially for her.
The other cats watched in disbelief at her begging for coffee grounds.

Then I took a shower. When I finished, there to greet me was... Spicey!
Eeeeek! This was only marginally less scary than finding Norman Bates
outside your shower.

At that point, Buster sauntered in, then sat and parked himself
authoritatively between me and Spicey. "Guarding Daddy at the shower is my
job; you're not yet qualified," he seemed to say. Spicey slunk out, her
shoulders looking slightly dejected.

Observing them for a while longer, I saw that Spicey had no altercations
with Dot or Buster. Not even a shred of a hint or sign that there would be
any conflict between them. Well, that was an easy integration!

Dot and Buster were asking for spanks, so I lined them up in the middle of
the living room and spanked them both with their loofa dogs. Dot flopped
over and squirmed. Buster raised his butt in the air and plucked at the
carpet.

Spicey didn't understand this spectacle at all, but she didn't want to be
left out. She trotted excitedly around the two cats, and seeming to try to
fit in, squirming a little like Dot, and scratching the post a little like
Buster. She didn't get any spanks though.

I went out later that evening to a lecture, finally feeling comfortable
leaving Spicey alone with the others.

When I returned home, I was momentarily surprised to see *three* little
faces come out to greet me, swirling all around me. I'm sure that a visitor
would not be able to tell which of these cats was the most recent arrival!
Old November 10th 12, 08:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

It sounds as though you and your other cats are doing wonders for her.
Sorry, but I'm still LOL about the shower scenario.

Joy

Old November 10th 12, 02:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

On 11/10/2012 2:34 AM, Joy wrote:
"Takayuki" wrote in message
[...]

I love hearing about Spicy's progress. You are doing a wonderful job.
She is learning by watching dot and Buster.

Que the scary music for the shower scene. LOL

Ann

Old November 11th 12, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 08:28:43 -0500, ann791 wrote:
On 11/10/2012 2:34 AM, Joy wrote:
It sounds as though you and your other cats are doing wonders for her.
Sorry, but I'm still LOL about the shower scenario.

Joy

I love hearing about Spicy's progress. You are doing a wonderful job.
She is learning by watching dot and Buster.

Que the scary music for the shower scene. LOL

Although I went to see Spicey often in her area of the house, I wasn't used
to seeing her pop-up anywhere and everywhere like that.

At night, she now often sleeps just outside the bedroom door, and come in
when only after I get up. But someday, I'll probably wake up and find her
staring into my face, like I sometimes do with Dot and Buster.
Old November 12th 12, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

On 11/9/2012 9:39 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

This is such a happy post!

Spicey was loud Takayuki Cat anecdotes 27 November 10th 12 11:25 AM
When I first met Spicey Takayuki Cat anecdotes 1 November 8th 12 12:37 AM
It's Spicey every day Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 October 9th 12 08:48 PM
Where's Spicey? Joy Cat anecdotes 1 October 8th 12 11:23 PM
Photos of Spicey at the vet Takayuki Cat anecdotes 5 October 7th 12 03:26 PM