Abandoned Kitten Needs A Name

Old August 19th 03, 08:56 PM
Tony

Default Abandoned Kitten Needs A Name

Hi all

Just got a new kitten last wednesday. A friend came over with him and said his
friend found him abandoned along with 2 of his littermates which were dead.
Initially I said I did not want the cat as I have four others so he said they
were
going to put him back where they found him. At that point I said I'd keep him.

He appeared to be about four weeks old and his eyes were swollen almost shut
with goop caked around them. I had some terramycin that was 2 months expired
but figured it was better than nothing for the eyes. He was also sneazing alot.
On friday his eyes looked substantially better but just to make sure things
were going in the right direction I took him to the vet. They
confirmed that he is only 4 weeks old and has worms, resp infection, eye
infection, fleas and ear mites. Here is his pictu

http://members.aol.com/alg460/kitten.jpg

As you can see he looks great now (much better than he did) and all the
treatments are working fine and he is now very happy, content and active. At
first he did nothing but sleep and sit and stare when awake. He loves people
and has slept right smack against me and my wife every single night so far.
Hope one of us dont roll over and squish him. He
fits in the palm of my hand.

So far so good with the other cats (all females). At first they would hiss at
just the sight of him. They seem to be getting over it and I actually saw one
of them washing up the kitten. The only problem now is he is running all over
the house and running under the other cats and getting in front of them,
standing on his hind legs and putting his paws in their face. They hiss a
little or give him a little tap on the head to knock him off balance. He still
walks funny and wobbles when he walks but he sure can run.

What kind of jerk would throw away 3 kittens and leave them to die.

Only thing he needs now is a name.

Tony

Old August 19th 03, 09:37 PM
MaryL

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi all

Just got a new kitten last wednesday. A friend came over with him and said

his
friend found him abandoned along with 2 of his littermates which were

dead.

Here is his pictu

http://members.aol.com/alg460/kitten.jpg

As you can see he looks great now (much better than he did) and all the
treatments are working fine and he is now very happy, content and active.
fits in the palm of my hand.

Only thing he needs now is a name.

Tony

He's adorable! How about "Phoenix" for a name (as in the Greek mythology
for "rising from the ashes")? -- which could lead to "Feeny" as a nickname.

MaryL

Old August 19th 03, 09:40 PM

Oh he's a cutie. He reminds me very much of my cat Rodney (RB) when he
was a kitten. When I saw the pic the first name that came immediately to
mind was Toby. I know it's close to your name but when has that ever
stopped anybody? Tony and Toby. Yeah. I like it. :-)

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old August 19th 03, 11:21 PM
Karen Chuplis

Oo. I like. Tobey for Tobey McGuire would be good too. He plays a lot of
characters that end up being great people from their tough breaks early in
life.

Karen

Old August 19th 03, 11:55 PM
Judy