to Sparky (vomiting)

Old December 8th 03, 05:34 AM
Laurie Fullerton

Default to Sparky (vomiting)

Hello Sparky, I have some good advice for you. I know alot about cats and
have two cats at home. Never feed a cat or kitten tuna because it takes away
their vitamin E. It is also very strong and might make them throw up. Wet
cat food is also not a good idea either, it is not very good for them. Try
Iams or even purina for sensitive stomachs, that might work. if not, ask you
vet. good luck!

Old December 8th 03, 06:29 AM
Sherry

Wet
cat food is also not a good idea either, it is not very good for them. Try
Iams or even purina for sensitive stomachs, that might work. if not, ask you
vet. good luck!

I don't agree at all. Wet food is fine for kittens, even preferable to dry.

Sherry

Old December 8th 03, 07:17 AM
Dennis Carr

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 04:34:26 +0000, Laurie Fullerton wrote:

Wet
cat food is also not a good idea either, it is not very good for them.

On the contrary, I have it on good authority (read: a veterinarian) that I
should be feeding one of my girls wet food - simply because she has dental
trouble.

--
Dennis Carr - | I may be out of my mind,
http://www.dennis.furtopia.org | But I have more fun that way.

Old December 8th 03, 01:05 PM
Phil P.

"Laurie Fullerton" wrote in message
Hello Sparky, I have some good advice for you.

I don't think its so good...

I know alot about cats

It sure doesn't seem like you do...

and
have two cats at home. Never feed a cat or kitten tuna because it takes

away
their vitamin E.

Feeding small amounts of tuna packed in *water* occasionally as a treat - or
in an emergency presents no problem.

It is also very strong and might make them throw up. Wet
cat food is also not a good idea either, it is not very good for them.

Wet food is the *best* food to feed a cat!

http://maxshouse.com/feline_nutrition.htm#Dry Food vs Canned Food. Which is
really better?

Old December 9th 03, 11:28 AM
Phil P.

"Diane L. Schirf" wrote in message
ink.net...
In article ,
"Phil P." wrote:

Wet food is the *best* food to feed a cat!

I wouldn't make such blanket statements. Wet food was fine for my
previous girl, but this guy gets horrible diarrhea from it.

Its *still* the best food to feed a cat... just maybe not the right food for
your cat. Have you tried different brands? Also, did you make the
transition gradually?

Good luck.

Phil

Old December 10th 03, 08:46 AM
RW

"Phil P." wrote:

Wet food is the *best* food to feed a cat!

I wouldn't make such blanket statements. Wet food was fine for my
previous girl, but this guy gets horrible diarrhea from it.

Its *still* the best food to feed a cat... just maybe not the right food for
your cat. Have you tried different brands? Also, did you make the
transition gradually?

Good luck.

Phil

OK, but is it true about that other part, that tuna makes cats throw
up? (even tuna catfood? not tuna flavoured catfood, but actual tuna
catfood)