OT - like the real baddies will be answering truthfully... not!

Old March 24th 04, 04:07 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default OT - like the real baddies will be answering truthfully... not!

Got to love the business of taking security of the nation seriously ;-)

As my husband's computer decided to commit suicide the other day by indulging
in a spot of technological spontaneous combustion, a new desktop was required.

I've just ordered online from Dell....

Whilst completing the ordering information, it is pointed out that Dell is an
American company, so several questions need to be asked before the order can be
completed.

I have to state whether I am the end user of the product
I have to state if I'm using the computer for business, civilian or
governmental work
Then if I'm exporting the machine to another country ... first on the list
being Afghanistan

And last but best of all...

"Q4. Will the product(s) be used in connection with weapons of mass
destruction, i.e. nuclear applications, missile technology, or chemical or
biological weapons purposes? "

Like a real terrorist is going to be answering truthfully ;-) I just fell about
laughing!

Cheers, helen s

to get correct one remove dependency on fame & fortune
h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o* *l.c**$*$om$$

Old March 24th 04, 04:15 PM
Karen

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...

[...]

You MUST be joking!! Oh man, is it any wonder the world is in the state it
is in?? Egad.

Karen

Old March 24th 04, 04:19 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

You MUST be joking!! Oh man, is it any wonder the world is in the state it
is in?? Egad.

Karen

No, I wish I were joking. However, the question had me falling about in
stitches. Nathan was looking at the screen over my shoulder, giggling his head
off, saying "Oh my god! I don't beleive it! Answer yes, go on, I dare you!" I
pointed out the those who set the question most probably have a significant
sense of humour deficit ;-)

Old March 24th 04, 04:20 PM
Sherry

"Q4. Will the product(s) be used in connection with weapons of mass
destruction, i.e. nuclear applications, missile technology, or chemical or
biological weapons purposes? "

Oh, gee. And I got so paranoid about downloading music I quit doing it.

Sherry
Old March 24th 04, 04:25 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Oh, gee. And I got so paranoid about downloading music I quit doing it.

Sherry

Well what on earth will you be doing with the music??? For all we know, you
could be producing WMED (Weapons of Mass Ear Destruction)

Old March 24th 04, 04:54 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

My sense of absurd humor is taking a break right now, so I'll
make a dreary and humorless reply. The point is not to get the real
answer, it's to have something to charge you with if you lie.

Humor mode: return to normal

Regards,
O J

You are correct, that was a dreary and humourless reply ;-)

Old March 24th 04, 09:09 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

On a related note, a friend of mine was stopped by a state trooper on
95 between Baltimore and Philadelphia and he actually asked her if she
had any weapons or any drugs or any anthrax in the car. Don't you
feel safer just knowing the state police are on the case? She was
headed to a landscape design class, you know the terrorist group?

And what's the betting that if she'd said something about a real terrorist not
being likely to say "yes" she may have found herself detained ;-)