Cat Hiding please help

Old February 6th 05, 09:58 PM
mpwilliams

One more time for the slow learner: You can always tell a behavioralist ...
you just can't tell them much!

Old February 6th 05, 11:24 PM
Mary

"mpwilliams" wrote in message
As I said before, you can always tell a behavioralist ... you just can't
tell them much!

Who are you talking to?

Old February 7th 05, 12:25 AM
mpwilliams

"Mary" wrote in message
.com...

"mpwilliams" wrote in message
As I said before, you can always tell a behavioralist ... you just can't
tell them much!

Who are you talking to?

Something calling itself '. Apologies to those who are
suppressing 'read' posts ... I shall change my behavior!

Old February 7th 05, 01:53 AM
mpwilliams

"Mary" wrote in message
.com...

"mpwilliams" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
.com...

"mpwilliams" wrote in message
As I said before, you can always tell a behavioralist ... you just

can't
tell them much!

Who are you talking to?

Something calling itself '. Apologies to those who
are
suppressing 'read' posts ... I shall change my behavior!

Thank you.

You're quite welcome.

Old February 7th 05, 09:50 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-06, Mary penned:

"mpwilliams" wrote This cat was neutered,
right??

Yes, "a two-year-old neutered male ASH tabby in robust physical health"
means, among other things, that he was (obviously) neutered.

Sorry, I missed that. Great success story, thanks for sharing it. I am still
inclined to try other means before drugging my cats, but the information you
provided here may be helpful.

I have a friend whose cat likes to pee on the futon. The only thing that
seems to lessen the likelihood is an antidepressant (can't recall which).

The cat is declawed (friend got her that way from the shelter). I do wonder
if this is related, as I've heard that declawed cats often develop behavior
problems.

My friend would never declaw a cat, but she does intentionally choose
already-declawed cats from the shelter ... I haven't quite sorted out the
feelings I have about this. I mean, she's not having the cats declawed, and
there are certainly plenty of already-declawed cats who need homes ... but ...
ick =/

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old February 8th 05, 03:06 AM
kitkat

My friend would never declaw a cat, but she does intentionally choose
already-declawed cats from the shelter ... I haven't quite sorted out the
feelings I have about this. I mean, she's not having the cats declawed, and
there are certainly plenty of already-declawed cats who need homes ... but ...
ick =/

I understand your feelings declawing...however...at least IMO...what
feelings could you have to sort out? What's done is done and these cats
need homes, too. Right? IMO, it is the perfect solution to a less than
perfect situation.

pam

Old February 8th 05, 03:14 AM
Mary

"kitkat" wrote in message

My friend would never declaw a cat, but she does intentionally choose
already-declawed cats from the shelter ... I haven't quite sorted out

the
feelings I have about this. I mean, she's not having the cats declawed,

and
there are certainly plenty of already-declawed cats who need homes ...

but ...
ick =/

I understand your feelings declawing...however...at least IMO...what
feelings could you have to sort out? What's done is done and these cats
need homes, too. Right? IMO, it is the perfect solution to a less than
perfect situation.

Yes--especially since these cats are essentially defenseless. It is
wonderful
that Monique's friend adopts them.

Old February 8th 05, 05:31 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-02-08, kitkat penned:

My friend would never declaw a cat, but she does intentionally choose
already-declawed cats from the shelter ... I haven't quite sorted out the
feelings I have about this. I mean, she's not having the cats declawed,
and there are certainly plenty of already-declawed cats who need homes ...
but ... ick =/

I understand your feelings declawing...however...at least IMO...what
feelings could you have to sort out? What's done is done and these cats need
homes, too. Right? IMO, it is the perfect solution to a less than perfect
situation.

Yeah, you're right. I guess it's just the preference for having a cat who's
declawed that gives me icky feelings. However, as I don't anticipate there
being any shortage of declawed cats in the near future, I guess you're right
*sigh*

Still in hiding Singh Cat anecdotes 36 October 25th 04 04:22 PM
Question about Eye shifting and Hiding behaviors in new adoptee Ro Cat health & behaviour 6 July 9th 04 08:53 PM
Sammy's new hiding place Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 April 22nd 04 05:34 AM
Help? Cat is hiding, may be overheated Peter Meilinger Cat health & behaviour 18 August 28th 03 05:24 AM
New cat still hiding after 30 hours [email protected] Cat health & behaviour 4 July 14th 03 04:22 PM