Still in hiding

Old October 16th 04, 05:33 AM
Singh

Default Still in hiding

Louie and I went to my father-in-law's birthday party, and out to
karaoke to celebrate our anniversary. We met at karaoke, sang instead of
danced for our wedding, and went out tonight to do our wedding songs.
And when we returned, we found our newest little girl Odessa still
hiding, this time behind the other desk instead of the closet. If I am
up here long enough, she'll come out, sniff about a bit, and try out
another hiding spot. I do wish she'd come out, but my logic tells me
that this could take a bit. She just came out of an overcrowded foster
home, has been shown several times with little result, and I just found
out that I am the second person who's taken her. Her first owner, also
through the shelter, returned her because her fiance was deathly,
go-to-the-hospital-or-else allergic. this poor kitty has probably had a
heap of stress over the past several months, culminating in today's
transition. Calming purrs for her would be gratefully appreciated!

Odessa did come out while we were gone, judging from the food bowl and
the litter box. Going back almost 20 years, Fritzie was a scaredy cat
when I got him too, only coming out to eat and use the litter when
alone; it took three weeks to get him to trust me enough to come out and
let me hold him. I've been told that despite Odessa's shyness, she is
actually very playful and affectionate, and gets along well with other
animals. She won't be a juvenile delinquent like Stosh and Brandy, and
seems more interested in seeking enlightenment, like Roxie.

We'll do our standard treatment, sequestering our new kitty and sleeping
with her the first few nights, to accustom her to our scent and
presence, and that of the other cats, though they're still bivouacked
beyond the door. They're chafing to meet Odessa, but not yet; she's
still too skittish and stressed. In the meantime I'll just gently let
her know that Mama's here, and that this is home now, for good.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old October 16th 04, 10:25 AM
O J

On Sat, 16 Oct, Baha wrote:

Calming purrs for her would be gratefully appreciated!

Sending six sets of the best purrs (including Roxy's) heading to
Buffalo for your new addition to the household.

Regards and Purrs,
O J (Old John) Gritmon

Old October 16th 04, 03:05 PM
Christine Burel

Many calming purrs from our household to yours, Baha! It sounds like she
will take time but you obviously have good instincts and are going slowly
with her. Please keep us posted!
purrr, Odessa, purrr...
Christine

Old October 16th 04, 04:50 PM
CatNipped

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Awwww. Poor Odessa. Don't worry though, even the irrepressible Sammy was
shy the first few days here. I have the (sometimes unfortunate) ability to
see the world through others', especially cats', eyes, and I imagine how I
would feel if I were suddenly take from where I was at least comfortable and
familiar with, and put in a place that was terribly strange, wherein dwelt
unfamiliar giants, where there was very strange sounds and smells - well, I
think I would find me a nice place to hide and just observe things for a
while too!

Your soothing aura will soon win her trust and love, Baha, how could she not
bond with good people like you and Louie!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 16th 04, 04:50 PM
CatNipped

"Singh" wrote in message
[...]

Kitty Story Project Tanada Cat anecdotes 27 September 7th 04 07:32 PM
Hiding and Seeking O J Cat anecdotes 16 July 10th 04 01:43 AM
Sammy's new hiding place Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 18 April 22nd 04 05:34 AM