declawing petition?

Old January 20th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default declawing petition?

dear all

after recent postings and topics on declawing, furniture, etc etc, I am
wondering if there were any online petitions which one might be able to
sign or put one's name too in order to support a possible ban on
declawing in the US of A.

Thankfully this barbaric practice is already illegal in England (UK)
but it really distresses me that it is still perfectly legal in America
and still seems to occur frequently. I was wondering if there were any
petitions or campaigns or similar for making declawing illegal to which
I could lend my support, I am sure that there are many more people
reading this newsgroup who would like to lend their support to such a
campaign if there was one.

right, I'm off to watch jessie having a damn good time scratching the
hell out of my leather sofas downstairs, she has never actually shown
any interest in doing this before but if i cover them in catnip she may
do. Then i will take photos of the carnage, maybe even video it, and
send it to eDogs wife just to freak her out. She will probably be so
horrified that there are people out there who refuse to get all uptight
about their furniture that she may well have to be taken to a
psychiatric unit or health clinic to get over the trauma, maybe become
a permanent resident, and while she is there eDog can get rid of the
leather sofa, fill the house with lots of bean bags and cushions and
huge cat beds and live the rest of his days surrounded by the sound of
purring coming from the hoards of contented unmutilated cats living
there with him.

sounds like a plan to me.

Bookie

Old January 20th 07, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Moongal

I found a worldwide one he

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1169262167

I wonder why vets would even consider doing this. Do any ever flat out
refuse to do it?

ups.com...

Old January 20th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Moongal wrote:
I found a worldwide one he

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1169262167

I wonder why vets would even consider doing this. Do any ever flat out
refuse to do it?

thanks i have now signed it, hope some other here will do so too, if
there are any other petitions anyone knows about please let me have the
details, i want to do whatever i can from this side of the pond to get
rid of this awful practice.

since declawing is banned in the uk and most likely the rest of europe
too obviously all vets here would refuse to do it. If I lived in the US
of A it would be a good test to find a decent vet to take my kitty to
though; any vets who say they will declaw my cat would not be getting
my business as i would not consider them worthy of being in charge of
my cats medical health.

come on the rest of you, sign up!!!!

Old January 20th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"Moongal" wrote in message
I found a worldwide one he

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takea...ltl=1169262167

Thanks for posting the link.

I wonder why vets would even consider doing this. Do any ever flat out
refuse to do it?

A few vets in the US refuse to declaw, but most perform the procedure. In
my opinion, the reason is *money.*

MaryL

Old January 22nd 07, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

bookie wrote:
dear all

after recent postings and topics on declawing, furniture, etc etc, I am
wondering if there were any online petitions which one might be able to
sign or put one's name too in order to support a possible ban on
declawing in the US of A.

**** off, you liberal nut-case. I totally support declawing. They're
OUR animals. And as long as they live with us at our expense, we get to
do with them as we see fit. Especially when it comes to outright
needless destruction of our personal property. It's liberal *******s
like YOU who resent any kind of law and order.. any kind of rules or
limits.. you don't believe in the word 'NO'. Well, mother****er.... I
DO. You aren't going to tell ME what I shall or shall not do in order
to protect MY personal possessions. My kat's been declawed. TWICE. And
he'z a happy kitty. He doesn't get to haphazardly destroy my furniture,
and he doesn't like that! But that's just too ****ing bad, cause we
dunn it and those daggers are gone, and we'd do it AGAIN.
I support declawing. I have made it clear to my local veterinarians
that I support them in their war against you, the kooky left. And that
I will continue to approve of them performing this procedure in the
future. And as long as there's money to be made, you kan be very
sure.... declawing WILL continue unchecked and unabated...

IBen
Getiner

Old January 22nd 07, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

IBen Getiner wrote:
bookie wrote:
[...]

Excellent, I am all for freedom of speech, and even though you made a
crap point and it was badly presented you are perfectly within your
rights to voice your opinions no matter how ill-thought out and totally
****ed up they are. Actually yes make sure you do 'voice' them next
time, oral presentation is probably a much better idea for you as your
atrocious spelling and generally awful written composition only
highlight what a low-level of intelligence you possess.

Anyway, nice to see they have allowed you to use a keyboard in your
residential home, maybe one day they will let you use a knife to eat
your dinner with. tell me, do you have a cell to yourself or do they
let you share? have they taken the bars off the windows yet?

all the best, we're thinking of you out here in the real world, Bookie

Old January 23rd 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
IBen Getiner

bookie wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
bookie wrote:
[...]

How so...? You're the liberal bleeding-hearted, over-emotional nut-job.
Not me. You're the one who's all hung up on a totally harmless and
common medical procedure. I simply take advantage of this ethical and
legal procedure. And you don't like it! LOL...!!!!

Well that's just TUFF.

The rest of your shallow, transparent little mental bowl-movement has
been snipped because it was....

non-sequiter

When you feel like putting that emotionally crippled brain of yours out
on the limb, just stick to the subject at hand. Because we will
continue to have the last digits of our cat's toes removed as it suits
us. And that's whether YOU approve of it or not. What are you
bleeding-hearted freaks gonna do about it.... ? CRY....???

LOL...!!

LOL....!! LOL....!!!

LOTFLMAO...............!!!!!!!

IBen Getiner

Old January 23rd 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

IBen Getiner wrote:
bookie wrote:
IBen Getiner wrote:
bookie wrote:
[...]

do you ever call up radio phone in shows and pretend to be someone
else? do you?

you might enjoy it if you have not tried it before.

you know, girls don't like boys, girls like cars and money

do the handcuffs chafe and make your wrists sore?

Old January 23rd 07, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Angie

The ONLY reason I would condone declawing would be if it would keep one more
cat in a home. Lets say the owner has a cat who is just destroying the
crap out of their furniture. They have made up their mind that they have no
choice but to either boot it out to be an outdoor cat, or dump it at the
shelter. If declawing the cat would mean that the owner will keep the cat
in their home, then and only then would I be for declawing. We don't need
more cats in shelters, and we don't need more cats roaming outdoors.

Old January 23rd 07, 01:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Angie

I don't feel a declawing petition is what is needed. People need to be
educated but still be given the option of declawing in a last ditch effort
to keep the cat. See my other post.