Pet Peeve...

Old August 30th 05, 09:31 PM

wafflycat wrote:
"CatNipped" wrote in message

I heard a commercial the other day (on radio - it had nothing to do with
TLC) and the announcer said "awesome" three times in two sentences!!!!

This phenomenon is totally awesome.

Hugs,

CatNipped

The one that creases me up is when there's jewellry for sale on the shopping
channels and it's always *stunning* I'd never imagined just how *stunning*
so much bad taste jewellry can be. Is QVC supposed to be a comedy channel?
;-)

Stunning cheers, helen s

Oh, no doubt. Some of their most "stunning" offerings are the most
garish stuff I've ever seen. Lord have mercy. "Stunning" sure doesn't
equal "tasteful" on that show. Some of it *is* funny. But people buy
it up like crazy! So I thought it was just me. :-)

Sherry

Old August 31st 05, 01:59 AM
John F. Eldredge

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 19:42:03 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep©"
wrote:

wafflycat wrote:
"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Oh no, not that guy!! I can't stand him-- and neither can most of the
Aussies I know. Did you ever notice his thighs? I can't believe
a croc hasn't already taken a big juicy chunk out of them!

Ah yes, that Irwin chappie: "The Croc Botherer" as Nathan refers to
him ;-)
Cheers, helen s

I still giggle when I think of South Park's version of him "I'm gonna stick
my thumb up this croc's bum... By Crikey - I've really ****ed 'im of now!"
or something to that effect...

I liked the advertisement that Steve Irwin made for the Federal
Express package-delivery service, where he is handling a poisonous
snake, gets bitten, and discovers too late that his assistant had used
some other package delivery service, and thus doesn't have the
antivenom on hand. Irwin says "Crikey!", and falls over.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from
Old September 1st 05, 12:49 AM
Caroline S.

My 7th grade English teacher instituted a "Like" count. Everytime
someone in the class used "like" inappropriately, it was counted. At
the end of the year, everyone had to chip in money for each "like" to
their name, and we used the proceeds for a class party. I think it may
have been a $0.25 per "like". One girl owed something like $30.
As I recall, I only had 2

-Caroline S.

CatNipped wrote:
I have a new one.

Maybe it's just because I have those "Trading Spaces" type shows on in the
"background" in my office a lot lately (I don't normally watch TV, but it
seems less lonely than silence lately).

When did the word "awesome" become the only descriptor left in the English
language? Each "reveal" is "awesome", each redecorated bedroom is "awesome"
every design is "awesome".

Old September 1st 05, 01:35 AM
Jeanne Hedge

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:49:43 -0400, "Caroline S."
wrote:

My 7th grade English teacher instituted a "Like" count. Everytime
someone in the class used "like" inappropriately, it was counted. At
the end of the year, everyone had to chip in money for each "like" to
their name, and we used the proceeds for a class party. I think it may
have been a $0.25 per "like". One girl owed something like $30.
As I recall, I only had 2

-Caroline S.

We did something similar when I was in 6th grade, lo those many eons
ago g. The word was "yeah", the fine was either 10 cents or 25 cents
(I forget which), and the plan was to have a class party at the end of
the year with the proceeds.

We ended up with so much money we paid for the entire 6th grade to
tour a state park for the day, including lunch!

Jeanne Hedge, as directed by Natasha

============
http://www.jhedge.com
Old September 1st 05, 12:08 PM
SuzQ

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Oh no, not that guy!! I can't stand him-- and neither can most of the
Aussies I know. Did you ever notice his thighs? I can't believe
a croc hasn't already taken a big juicy chunk out of them!

Ah yes, that Irwin chappie: "The Croc Botherer" as Nathan refers to him
;-)

Cheers, helen s

Nathan is very intelligent. I suspect you know that already.
Suz

Old September 1st 05, 12:28 PM
PatM

My girlfriend got a pair of very detailed little outhouse earrings
there a couple years ago. The tiny doors open...! Incredibly tacky,
but I love em!lol

PatM

Old September 1st 05, 06:19 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:08:52 -0400, "SuzQ"
yodeled:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
.. .

Oh no, not that guy!! I can't stand him-- and neither can most of the
Aussies I know. Did you ever notice his thighs? I can't believe
a croc hasn't already taken a big juicy chunk out of them!

Ah yes, that Irwin chappie: "The Croc Botherer" as Nathan refers to him
;-)

Cheers, helen s

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Theresa