Census

Old March 22nd 10, 12:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default TV Shows Cuss Words Census

not hoarders, just general clutter and too lazy to clean properly, Lee
"Kyla =^..^=" wrote in message
I hear that, but I'm not quite 'Hoarders' yet. :b Kyla

i would lol at that sig but its way to true around here, although the word
clean is a bit strong, Lee

"Kyla \"=^..^=\""

Never watched Damages..never heard of as a matter of fact.
We watch a lot of NCIS and Criminal Minds (really sick and
wrong)

I couldn't bring myself to watch Criminal Minds in the beginning
because it was just too "sick and wrong", as you put it. Who wants
serial killers in the brain? Eventually, though, I got sucked in,
not by the serial killer plots, but by the cast and the type of
investigation they do. I like almost all the characters in the BAU,
especially Spencer. And I have no idea whether the profiling they
do has any relation to reality, but it's fun to watch.

I agree that the character are good..I Wiki'd up Spencer and learned he
used to be a runway model..I do think there is some reality
involved..yuck.

CSIs CSI Miami has the most horrid The Who theme song

I used to like that song! But yeah, it's kinda jarring when they cut
after the open scenes to "YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

Oh yeah..I can't hit the 'mute' button fast enough.

and David Caruso is really funny in the way he 'speaks'.

I can't decide whether I like his character or find him utterly
pretentious and overacted. His whole shtik with the sunglasses,
give me a break. His way of talking is very stylized, but is oddly
effective.

Yeah..I guess so.

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.

LOL, I love that
Kyla

Old March 22nd 10, 12:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

AZ Nomad wrote:

Bones is another silly one. (I get to watch because my wife likes
the show.)

Putting forensic data on a big screen tv is as goofy as CSI's gun
battles. I do like how bones is a complete geek.

Me, too!

Joyce

Yes the screen is so dumb and Bones is a total geek
Gag me with a running weed eater.
Kyla

--
I will not sniff at my male human's feet after he takes his shoes off,
freeze my mouth open in disgust and then sniff my private parts to compare

Old March 22nd 10, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

John F. Eldredge wrote:

Not to mention that the standard locations for injecting insulin are
either in the belly or in the upper arm, not in the thigh.

No, the thigh is quite common. I used to inject in my thigh every day
for about 35 years, until I had to stop some 5 years ago because the
skin in the injection areas has become too thick and won't absorb
insulin any more. Any big muscle is OK for injecting insulin, really. Or
actually the skin on top of any big muscle.

Another show I remember that got it all so very wrong was Chicago Hope.
There was that female heart surgeon, played by Christine Lahti. She was
supposed to have type I diabetes. In one episode, she got very upset
about something unrelated, and we saw her rushing off to her office,
frantically digging out a syringe from her desk drawer, inject herself
*in the vein* on her arm, then visibly relax as the insulin supposedly
started to take effect. ROFL! Insulin does not calm you down in any way.
It's not a mind-altering drug! You don't feel its effects, except if you
don't eat in time before it starts to take effect, and you go
hypoglycaemic. And hypos don't make you relax, quite the opposite. That
one still has me chuckling. You'd think that a hospital show would get
the medical stuff right.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old March 22nd 10, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

On Mon, 22 Mar 2010 06:23:47 +0200, Marina wrote:
John F. Eldredge wrote:

Not to mention that the standard locations for injecting insulin are
either in the belly or in the upper arm, not in the thigh.

No, the thigh is quite common. I used to inject in my thigh every day
for about 35 years, until I had to stop some 5 years ago because the
skin in the injection areas has become too thick and won't absorb
insulin any more. Any big muscle is OK for injecting insulin, really. Or
actually the skin on top of any big muscle.

Another show I remember that got it all so very wrong was Chicago Hope.
There was that female heart surgeon, played by Christine Lahti. She was
supposed to have type I diabetes. In one episode, she got very upset
about something unrelated, and we saw her rushing off to her office,
frantically digging out a syringe from her desk drawer, inject herself

Another favorite is CPR where the EMT is doing it on the patient's
stomach.
Old April 8th 10, 09:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Netmask[_2_]

Default Cuss Words Census

Adrian wrote:
Kyla "=^..^=" wrote:

Well, it won't be on much longer..I watch it though.
The Closer is pretty good.

I still watch The Closer but I'm not bothered if I miss an episode. Do
you watch Damages, that's quite good.

In Australia Free To Air TV (not cable) words like C***t and F**k are
allowed after 9pm if they are in context and not simply gratuitous say
in a drama or doco. Americans down here often make a clanger with the
word 'fanny' harmless in the US being ones behind or arse in Australia
it is colloquial for the the C word. An US relative of mine visiting, a
rather demure lady, dropped it at a lady's night held by Rotary -
deathly silence from the blue rinse set. Americans have the cultural
legacy of the puritans and Calvinists to contend with where as we in Oz
look back to a bunch of foul mouth authority and church hating convicts.
I think we got the better deal!!! A more laizes-fair society.
Old April 8th 10, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

Netmask wrote:
...A more laizes-fair society...

ITYM "laissez-faire". (I know, there's not much point in posting
corrections to spelling, and I don't usually do so, but I
couldn't let this one past.)

--
MatSav

Old April 8th 10, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine BA[_3_]

8.4.2010 11:24, MatSav kirjoitti:
Netmask wrote:
...A more laizes-fair society...

ITYM "laissez-faire". (I know, there's not much point in posting
corrections to spelling, and I don't usually do so, but I
couldn't let this one past.)

If you hadn't, I would have...

--
Christine in Finland