Eerz: The End

Old August 2nd 10, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

Default Eerz: The End

"Art Shapiro"
On 7/31/2010 5:50 PM,
Eerz had the comfort of her first human companion with her, as her
life slipped away. I don't feel that Art's company was necessary. If
Eerz had been alone, I would have felt differently, but she wasn't.

Tough crowd, folks; tough crowd!

She was taken away by the two other people who loved her, and in fact the
original owner held her, something I've never been able to do myself and
wouldn't have this time either.

I don't see what a third body would have added to the sorrow; I had spent
plenty of time with her once the decision was made, and said appropriate
and sincere good-byes before my ride.

That club has most of my few friends, and although none of them ever met
Eerz I was always pleased by the few folks who would consistently ask,
without being prompted, how she was doing. I was able to share the final
chapter with them at the midpoint coffee stop of the ride, a very peaceful
and appropriate place overlooking Dana Point harbor.

I picked a time convenient for my wife and the original owner, as she had
to be picked up and driven down to my community. Eerz did not perish
alone and unloved.

Art

((((((((((((Art))))))))))))))

Old August 2nd 10, 07:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

so I was in fact correct, your coping mechanism while differing from mine,
is still a valid one, still praying for your sorrow to ease, Lee

Old August 2nd 10, 09:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Someone has a sig line about "How you treat Cats on earth determines you
treatment in Heaven" or something like that. Sure hope there is truth to
that for those people.
"Art Shapiro" wrote in message
On 8/1/2010 8:26 AM, cshenk wrote:

I'll add another spin. Art had her for 6-7 months right? Original Owner
had her for all the before time and still was around and cared deeply.

Not to belabor things - it's time to move on - but the "orignal owner" is
the lady who stole Eerz in December from the house where she had been
totally ignored for years and years, and thus had the huge gaping wound
where her ear had been rotted away by skin cancer. She only had Eerz for
a few days, trying to pick the maggots out of the wound with tweezers,
before realizing that this was totally out of her financial ability to
handle. That's when she posted the "help needed" message on CraigsList,
and I was the only one to respond.

Had the real owner showed any concern or given Eerz (whatever her name was
at the time) the appropiate care, all this grief would have never
transpired.

Art

Old August 2nd 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Granby wrote:
[...]

I believe that is Grandalf's sig line. I also like "Cats leave paw
prints on your heart". Too true! MLB
Old August 2nd 10, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:20:50 -0600, MLB wrote:

I believe that is Grandalf's sig line. I also like "Cats leave paw
prints on your heart". Too true! MLB

It's part of my sig as well. And it has lead to some interesting
conversations before.

Back when I was still in the truck, I wrote an e-mail to Shirley Rousseau
Murphy's (author of the Joe Gray mysteries) publicist asking a question
about one of her characters. I got a reply from Ms. Murphy herself,
asking about the origin of that sig line.

Old August 2nd 10, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jul 30, 6:45*pm, (Arthur Shapiro) wrote:
Eerz went downhill quite fast the last couple of days. *She had been removed
from steroids several weeks ago upon the conferral of the surgeon/oncologist
and my local vet, because they were worried about damage to her fragile
organs.

(respectful snip)

At least she had six or seven months that were probably better than anything
she'd had before in her life.

I am so sorry Art! I know how much you were pulling for her. You did
everything you could. Now you have done the most loving and courageous
thing. Eerz will thank you someday, I am confident of it; as much as I
am that she is pain-free now, and having a glorious new adventure over
the Bridge. She loves you too.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old August 2nd 10, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Dan M wrote:
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 08:20:50 -0600, MLB wrote:

I believe that is Grandalf's sig line. I also like "Cats leave paw
prints on your heart". Too true! MLB

It's part of my sig as well. And it has lead to some interesting
conversations before.

Back when I was still in the truck, I wrote an e-mail to Shirley Rousseau
Murphy's (author of the Joe Gray mysteries) publicist asking a question
about one of her characters. I got a reply from Ms. Murphy herself,
asking about the origin of that sig line.
++++++++

I think what would really be fun is a repeat of some of your stories
when you were traveling with Harri. I enjoyed those stories very much.
Did you know the origin -- was it you? Best wishes. MLB
Old August 2nd 10, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:23:50 -0600, MLB wrote:

I think what would really be fun is a repeat of some of your stories
when you were traveling with Harri. I enjoyed those stories very much.
Did you know the origin -- was it you? Best wishes. MLB

I saw someone else using it and appropriated it. I'll have to see if I
can remember where it came from.

I've also been meaning to dog up my RPCA Harri posts and put them on a
web site somewhere.
Old August 2nd 10, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Dan M wrote:
On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:23:50 -0600, MLB wrote:

I think what would really be fun is a repeat of some of your stories
when you were traveling with Harri. I enjoyed those stories very much.
Did you know the origin -- was it you? Best wishes. MLB

I saw someone else using it and appropriated it. I'll have to see if I
can remember where it came from.

I've also been meaning to dog up my RPCA Harri posts and put them on a
web site somewhere.

That is a great idea. I am sure they would be well received. Best
wishes. MLB
Old August 2nd 10, 09:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Art Shapiro wrote:
[...]

Art.do you plan to update your blog and add Lady Eerz and Milo?
Also, I imagine there are quite a few new RPCAers who are not aware of
these wonderful stories. I don't feel its my place to post the URL but
it would be great if you would. Best wishes for you and your present
kitties and whoever you add to your clowder. MLB