A picture of Lorelei

Old November 10th 10, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Default A picture of Lorelei

Gandalf wrote:
If she not post, I try 2 beet hur up.

Dis iz polite rekwest.

"Lovable Louise"

I love this group: I read it every day.

But I have no meowchat

As others have said, ordinary English is fine here. The fun part
isn't the spelling, it's the "imagined feline perspective" that's
used much (not even all) of the time. For example, "she" might want
to write about her new home, and how it's different from her
previous one.

BTW I've noticed your ongoing, always courteous, posts here, and I
consider you as much a part of this group as any of the other
regular participants.

Adam (Louise's human)

Old November 10th 10, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 08:12:23 -0800 (PST), Debby Hanoka
wrote:

On Nov 9, 3:52*pm, ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf) wrote:
I put a picture of my new kitty, Lorelei, he

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1088/...f53fdf13_b.jpg

I think she's very pretty

Gandalf

She's beautiful! I've never seen a tabby with blue eyes. Does she
have Siamese blood in her?

Debby

She is half Siamese.

But, she doesn't have the famous Siamese 'voice', much to my relief.
Old November 10th 10, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 16:41:13 -0500, Adam wrote:

Gandalf wrote:
If she not post, I try 2 beet hur up.

Dis iz polite rekwest.

"Lovable Louise"

I love this group: I read it every day.

But I have no meowchat

As others have said, ordinary English is fine here. The fun part
isn't the spelling, it's the "imagined feline perspective" that's
used much (not even all) of the time. For example, "she" might want
to write about her new home, and how it's different from her
previous one.

BTW I've noticed your ongoing, always courteous, posts here, and I
consider you as much a part of this group as any of the other
regular participants.

Adam (Louise's human)

Thank you

So far, Lorelei really doesn't care for her new home.

I hope she adjusts soon, as she seems very unhappy here.

I showed her the nice padded shelf that I built by one of my windows,
and she had no interest in it.

So I put her on the shelf, and instead of looking out the window, she
just stood on it and cried.

She had a very nice tall cat tree in her former home to lay on and look
out the window, but I cannot afford to buy one.

She needs 3 vaccinations, and a blood test for FeLuek, and that comes
first, unfortunately
Old November 10th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

So far, Lorelei really doesn't care for her new home.

That's pretty normal. Cats don't like change. They don't trust
unfamiliar things (thus the inspektagation they put everything
through), so in a new home, there's a heap of inspectagating to do.
Each cat adapts their own way, and for some older cats it can take a
long time. She will be happy there eventually. Carol
Old November 10th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 15:26:46 -0800, MeOwy wrote:

So far, Lorelei really doesn't care for her new home.

That's pretty normal. Cats don't like change. They don't trust
unfamiliar things (thus the inspektagation they put everything through),
so in a new home, there's a heap of inspectagating to do. Each cat
adapts their own way, and for some older cats it can take a long time.
She will be happy there eventually. Carol

I'll second that. When we moved to Iowa it took Cleo the better part of a
week before she would show herself. Tabitha wouldn't let us touch her for
at least a month. But once they had a chance to explore and investigate
and see that everything was ok, they settled in just fine.

When I moved the cats from Iowa to Illinois, Harri was the only kitty
that would speak with me for the first couple weeks.

Dan
Old November 11th 10, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mme. Anaïs Lachatte

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:19:20 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

I love this group: I read it every day.

But I have no meowchat

Datz kwite awlright, Unka Gandalf!

Lorelei can post in hooman-speek az lon az yoo
don't mind reedin owrz in meowchat!

Ebberykitty heer lubs yoo! An we wants yoo to be
heer!

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€
Jean Cocteau, 1889-1963

11/10/2010 8:55:20 PM

Old November 11th 10, 06:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gandalf[_2_]

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 20:57:04 -0500, "Mme. Anaïs Lachatte"
wrote:

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 19:19:20 GMT,
ingold1234[at]yahoo[dot]com (Gandalf)'s nimble,
little paws typed:

I love this group: I read it every day.

But I have no meowchat

Datz kwite awlright, Unka Gandalf!

Lorelei can post in hooman-speek az lon az yoo
don't mind reedin owrz in meowchat!

Ebberykitty heer lubs yoo! An we wants yoo to be
heer!

Thank you; you are all so nice to me
Old November 11th 10, 07:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Gandalf wrote:
So far, Lorelei really doesn't care for her new home.

I hope she adjusts soon, as she seems very unhappy here.

I showed her the nice padded shelf that I built by one of my windows,
and she had no interest in it.

So I put her on the shelf, and instead of looking out the window, she
just stood on it and cried.

So would you want to take a try at writing it from what you think
would be Lorelei's perspective? "I'm unhappy here because...." I'd
guess she misses the company of the other animals, for one thing.
Maybe also all the familiar-smelling places. (You and I know all
that was unavoidable, but she probably doesn't.)

Adam

Two pics of Lorelei [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 November 10th 10 08:03 AM
A pic of Lorelei Gandalf[_2_] Cat anecdotes 30 November 10th 10 07:57 AM
LOL Picture CatNipped[_2_] Cat anecdotes 0 December 4th 08 09:09 PM
Picture This... MatSav Cat anecdotes 1 November 29th 06 05:31 PM
Another bag picture Marina Cat anecdotes 19 March 11th 05 01:18 PM