I'm so awdul (OT)

Old June 27th 10, 08:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default I'm so awdul (OT)

When my neighbours have a BBQ (cook out) that other neighbours are invited
to and I am not I put on a Frifot CD at full volume and open my door.
Scandanavian members will appreciate what I am saying.
My lovely friend Bob Tarte, from the USA sent me it.
It is so dire it should shut them up.
Tweed

Old June 27th 10, 08:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

When my neighbours have a BBQ (cook out) that other neighbours are
invited to and I am not I put on a Frifot CD at full volume and open
my door. Scandanavian members will appreciate what I am saying.
My lovely friend Bob Tarte, from the USA sent me it.
It is so dire it should shut them up.
Tweed

All our neighbours BBQ (we don't, I have to watch out for carcinogens) and
the smoke always drifts into our house and we have to run and shut the
windows. It's horrible.

Bobble

Old June 27th 10, 09:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Christina Websell wrote:
When my neighbours have a BBQ (cook out) that other neighbours are invited
to and I am not I put on a Frifot CD at full volume and open my door.
Scandanavian members will appreciate what I am saying.
My lovely friend Bob Tarte, from the USA sent me it.
It is so dire it should shut them up.
Tweed

LOL

--
Adrian (Owned by Bagheera & Shadow)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart
Old June 28th 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

When my neighbours have a BBQ (cook out) that other neighbours are invited
to and I am not I put on a Frifot CD at full volume and open my door.
Scandanavian members will appreciate what I am saying.
My lovely friend Bob Tarte, from the USA sent me it.
It is so dire it should shut them up.

That's pretty funny.

I used to have neighbors in the apartment downstairs from me who had a
band, and they'd practice on Saturday afternoons. The worst part was that
since they were doing it during reasonable hours, I couldn't justify
asking them to stop. But it really cut into my relaxation timed on the
weekends. I had to listen to the same stupid bass part being played over
and over and over, at high volume.

Finally one day I'd had enough. So I took my stereo speakers and placed
them face-down on the floor. Then I put on a hard rock album, loud as I
could stand, and played it for about an hour. It didn't work as far as
getting them to quit, but it gave me a certain juvenile satisfaction.

Joyce

--
A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten
Old June 28th 10, 12:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

When I was about 17, my next door girl friend would get up at 5am
to practice piano. She played Clair de Lune until it drove us wild.
After some time of this, I decided to return the favor . The problem
was she didn't like the way I played piano -- not classical. She had
the nerve to complain about my playing popular music so early in the
morning and she soon changed her practice time.
Old June 28th 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On 6/27/2010 7:58 PM, MLB wrote:
wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

My DH used to rent an apartment above a person who held prayer meetings
in his place. They would turn up their music and sing along, when my dh
was trying to rest before 3rd shift. He asked them to turn it down a
bit, but they refused. So, he put the speakers down on the floor and put
on the Rolling Stones "Sympathy for the devil." They soon found another
place to meet.

Old June 28th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Mishi wrote:

On 6/27/2010 7:58 PM, MLB wrote:
wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has resorted to such measures.

I forgot to add that the people eventually moved out, which was a very
happy day indeed.

Joyce

--
Cats' hearing apparatus is built to allow the human voice to easily
go in one ear and out the other. -- Stephen Baker
Old June 28th 10, 08:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
NettieCat

Years ago, I lived in a big, semi-detached house with five other
students. The house was in a residential area and a family lived next
door. My boyfriend at the time was in a band, and he decided that the
basement of my house was the ideal place for them to practise. The
basement was full of old tellies and other junk, and wasn't wired up
at all.

He asked me if the band could tidy the basement up and practise there,
and I said no, because it would disturb my housemates and my
neighbours. He then asked my housemates, who said they didn't care,
but the neighbours might. Eventually he proposed that he and his
bandmates clear out the basement and install power points and lights,
and if the neighbours did complain, they'd stop practising straight
away. I said that the neighbours would complain, it would be a waste
of everyone's time, and he couldn't do it. He nagged and nagged and
nagged and nagged (oh, sorry, men don't nag do they ... OK, he put his
views forward in a reasonable manner again and again.) until I said
yes, but they had to stop if there were complaints.

It took them two weekends and two skips to clear all the rubbish out.
They swept it, washed it down, wired it up, and even gave it a lick of
paint to make it brighter. It was lovely :-) Eventually, one Saturday
morning at about 10 a.m., having installed their drums and guitars and
mikes and amps, they started to play. Two minutes later, my irate
neighbour banged on the door, and I led him to the basement to
complain to the band. The lads shrugged their shoulders, packed up
their equipment, and left without another word.

Shortly afterwards, my housemates and I bought a load of home brew kit
and installed it our lovely, spacious, bright, cool and clean cellar.

Jeanette
Old June 28th 10, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
BfloPolska

On Jun 27, 3:28*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
When my neighbours have a BBQ (cook out) that other neighbours are invited
to and I am not I put on a Frifot CD at full volume and open my door.
Scandanavian members will appreciate what I am saying.
My lovely friend Bob Tarte, from the USA sent me it.
It is so dire it should shut them up.

Don't you JUST FREAKIN HATE lousy neighbors? I knew a guy once, he
wanted to make sure there were "no hard feelings" because of my
exclusion from a large house party. He had friends who weren't
comfortable around fat women, and surely I would understand his need
to keep the peace. I'm sure also he understood why he was suddenly
receiving bed-wetting literature at his work address.

However, this wasn't the worst...I lived upstairs from a couple whose
romantic life could best be described as rowdy and highly spontaneous--
that is to say awakening me without preamble at unodly hours of the
night. Having had enough one late evening, I fumbled to the couch,
half-asleep, yet found the strength to lift the end nearly two feet
off the floor and slam it down full force. I knocked stuff off my
shelves from the force of it, and my poor patient Fritzie went to duck
in the closet, but the ensuing quiet was a thing of beauty.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old June 28th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Yes, it gives me juvenile satisfaction too! Not least because they are
avoiding me. They took money from the builder next door for the husband to
reinstate part of my garden that he had ruined instead of getting a
professional in - and he never did it. So they still have the money and I
still have spilled set concrete that needs chipping away from my flower
beds and plants destroyed to be bought. It's two years now, so I guess he's
not going to do it.
I met the wife in the local shop a couple of weeks ago. I am very friendly
with Pravin, the shopkeeper, he keeps chickens like I do, and we were
talking about our chickens when she came in.
Seeing me and being unable to escape as she needed to buy something, she
said to Pravin "has she told you we are the neighbours from hell?"
No, I hadn't, but it seems she has a certain awareness that they are.. ;-)
Tweed