Cocoa Hunting at the Rainbow Bridge

Old August 28th 03, 10:02 PM
Alison

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message
Cocoa was very aloof. He was very much an outdoor cat, which can

affect his longevity. He only started getting close with dad when

they
other cat, B-2, died (at the age of 22). My parent live in a rural
area. It's a 20 minute drive to any commercial center, no vets or
shelters would get him before someone my dad knows. And he knows
everyone in the "immediate" area, if you can call it that. He's put
them all on alert: Wanted: Cocoa, dead or alive.

OIC , Well I hope he does turn up but what ever the outcome he
has had a great life and a happy one.
Alison

Old August 29th 03, 05:11 AM
Cathy Friedmann

"Brandy Alexandre" wrote in message

Well, I have good news and bad news. This afternoon Carter came
running back to the house virtually screaming and my dad thought he was
injured and ran outside. He saw Cocoa very slowly and painfully
slogging through the pasture coming back. I guess Carter knew he was
in trouble and ran to get help. They couldn't see any injuries on him,
but he definitely looked in pain and they hustled him off to the vet.
The first thought was kidney stones or other blockage, but after an
xray they found advanced cancer (mom didn't say what kind, I don't
think she knew). She said before that she had been brushing him and he
was happy and healthy, seemingly, and drooling with pleasure, so
something had definitely turned rapidly for the worst.

They told the vet about Cocoa going missing and he said that some cats
do go away to die and when they don't, they come back home. That's
probably what Cocoa did. He laid out the options for some aggressive
treatments, but my parents decided to comply with Cocoa's apparent
wishes, which were to simply end it.

They were very grateful to have him back and to know where he was.
They put him down and buried alongside their dog Cindy, whom he loved
to torment, and his beloved buddy B-2 (there's another cat who came
with Carter, a babysitting job, that took a fatal fall in the garage,
but I don't know what his name was). She says they're building a
regular Boot Hill for pets.

I passed along your compliments on Cocoa's incredibly good looks and
your thoughts.

While it's sad that it turned out that he was ill w/ a fatal disease, it's
also good that your parents know what happened to Cocoa & were able to see
him again & say good-bye. Just not knowing would've been so much worse. (I
saw his pic earlier - he'd been big, sturdy, handsome cat.)

Condolences to your parents.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old August 29th 03, 06:00 AM
L. Kelly

| Well, I have good news and bad news. This afternoon Carter came
| running back to the house virtually screaming and my dad thought he was
| injured and ran outside. He saw Cocoa very slowly and painfully
| slogging through the pasture coming back. I guess Carter knew he was
| in trouble and ran to get help. They couldn't see any injuries on him,
| but he definitely looked in pain and they hustled him off to the vet.
| The first thought was kidney stones or other blockage, but after an
| xray they found advanced cancer (mom didn't say what kind, I don't
| think she knew). She said before that she had been brushing him and he
| was happy and healthy, seemingly, and drooling with pleasure, so
| something had definitely turned rapidly for the worst.
|
| They told the vet about Cocoa going missing and he said that some cats
| do go away to die and when they don't, they come back home. That's
| probably what Cocoa did. He laid out the options for some aggressive
| treatments, but my parents decided to comply with Cocoa's apparent
| wishes, which were to simply end it.
|
| They were very grateful to have him back and to know where he was.
| They put him down and buried alongside their dog Cindy, whom he loved
| to torment, and his beloved buddy B-2 (there's another cat who came
| with Carter, a babysitting job, that took a fatal fall in the garage,
| but I don't know what his name was). She says they're building a
| regular Boot Hill for pets.
|
| I passed along your compliments on Cocoa's incredibly good looks and
| your thoughts.
|

| --
| Brandy Alexandre®
| http://www.swydm.com/?refer=BrandyAlx
| Well, would you?

Brandy,

We are so sorry to hear that Cocoa didn't make it. We are happy, though, that he came
home to die. At least he was among those who loved him and didn't suffer alone in a field
somewhere. He sure was a beautiful cat! I know that he will be sorely missed.

My heart goes out to your parents...
--
Mega Purrs and Huge Hugs,
Lynn, Brat and Linus