Bits and Pieces

Old January 16th 04, 07:36 PM
Annie Wxill

"Marina" wrote in message
... Many purrs for Jim's surgery. I hope it really helps relieve the pain.
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Thank you. We do, too. Maybe when we are in Pittsburgh, PA (USA), we'll be
able to meet some RPCA members.
Annie

Old January 16th 04, 07:39 PM
Annie Wxill

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message

Got the gang purring for Jim's back problems. Remind us in April and
we'll get some surgery purrs going.

.... Steve Touchstone,

Thanks, Steve.
Annie

Old January 17th 04, 12:17 AM
Annie Wxill

"polonca12000" wrote in message
Lots of purrs and best wishes for the surgery to be very successful,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Thank you. We appreciate all the purrs and best wishes.
Annie

Old January 17th 04, 02:26 AM
badwilson

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
More long distance back purrs coming. Hope it's just sore muscles and
the meds take care of the problem.

Reminds me of the problems we used to have trying to find meds that
the pilots could take back without being grounded, when I was still in
the Army. Does he still fly while he's there with you, or is his
flying rotated so that it's all done while he's away?

Thanks for the purrs, Steve. Much appreciated. Dennis said yesterday that
it seems to be improving ever so slightly, so that's a good sign. We are
putting off our long planned trip to Vietnam because of this, so it would be
good if he got better so we could at least go somewhere for a little bit.
No, while he's here at home with me, he doesn't fly at all. It's 6 weeks
off, pure holiday :-) And he would never take any muscle relaxants while
flying, that would be really silly considering they put him right to sleep!
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old January 17th 04, 02:31 AM
badwilson

"Annie Wxill" wrote in message

He decided to go with the new, minimally invasive, "cutting edge"

procedure.
For anyone interested in such things, and not too squeamish, a description
of the procedure is at http://www.drjho.com/id33.htm.
The surgery is scheduled for April 29 in Pittsburgh, PA (USA). It will be

long flight from Texas. We will go a couple of days prior and then stay a
few days afterwards. If all goes as expected, he should be released from
the hospital the day after surgery, but we're thinking that it would not

be
a good idea to leave too soon afterwards.
(Any group members in the area who would like to meet, please email me
privately.)
As for Dennis, I hope he feels better and that he did not re-injure

himself.
It's so hard to convince them that they are invincible, isn't it?
Annie

That sounds like a good procedure, Annie. I hope it works out perfectly. I
think you are doing the right thing, staying put for a few days after the
surgery. It will be best for his back to rest, rest and rest for as long as
possible. Don't risk a bumpy flight back to Texas too soon. We will be
purring up a storm for Jim and you from over here.
I think you hit the nail on the head about them feeling invincible. Dennis
was feeling so good that he wasn't protecting his back as much as he should
have. Problem is, if I remind him he's not invincible, he calls me a nag!
Oh well, better to be a nag than for him to need another operation.

Old January 17th 04, 09:26 PM
Annie Wxill

"badwilson" wrote in message
.... Problem is, if I remind him he's not invincible, he calls me a nag!
Oh well, better to be a nag than for him to need another operation.
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Thank you for the purrs and good wishes.
As for Dennis' back, Vino can be the nurse kitty and get all the credit and
you can be the nag. It sounds like he just overdid it and his muscles are
rebelling.
We'll bounce a few purrs back your way to back up Vino's efforts and
sympathetic thoughts to support you.
Annie, also a nag

Old January 19th 04, 12:28 AM
SUQKRT

In article , "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

.. .

Got the gang purring for Jim's back problems. Remind us in April and
we'll get some surgery purrs going.

... Steve Touchstone,

Thanks, Steve.
Annie

Spicey purrs from New England. Don't forget to mention it again closer to when
he's having the surgery.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old January 19th 04, 03:28 AM
Annie Wxill

"SUQKRT" wrote in message

In article , "Annie Wxill"
wrote:

Spicey purrs from New England. Don't forget to mention it again closer to

when
he's having the surgery.
Suz

Thank you. We will be going to Pittsburgh, Penn. Maybe we can meet some
RPCA people while we are there.
Annie

Old January 22nd 04, 07:24 AM
JP Hobbs

Iwas a bit fazed by the *toss* at first then just as I got to the bottom the
penny dropped, that was every time you had to toss for Annie of course
hugs and purrs Jean P,

Hans Schrøder wrote in message
"Hazel Az" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi everyone!

I am reading the group, tossand beginning to post a little bit so you

all
don't forget about me. :-) I am now down to 2539 messages, and reading
some everyday. I figure that I can get caught up sometime in 2005.

toss
We are sending congratulatins for good news, toss sending purrs and
prayers for everyone who needs it and saying welcome to all the new
memebers.

Anyway toss things have been pretty mellow. Thank you everyone for

the
lovely Christmas cards, cat carols and e-mails. toss They have helped

make our Christmas very nice indeed.

I am still getting harassed toss indirectly by soon-to-be-ex-dh. He

is
still a PITA, but I'm hoping to get the law after him soon for illegally
using accounts and numbers of mine that he has no right to. toss
Hopefully I can get back some of the money he has cost me.

My new job is great toss and I am doing well there. I finally have

health
insurance! toss My son loves his new school and is doing well also.
toss I hope to get a picture of him in his ROTC uniform and will post

it
when I can.

We are settled toss into our new house. Of course we're not totally
unpacked toss yet, but I am hoping to get there soon. toss The

cats
are getting used to their new surroundings as well and seem to have

toss
their territories staked out around the place. Shinobu is almost 18

years
old and still doing ok. Dorrie toss is still seeing eagles on the

ceiling
and hiding in fear like she always has. toss Lucy Fur is fat and

sassy
and still loves her blankie. toss Spooky still expects treats and

chases
the girls all around the house. toss Then there is Annie.

Annie is the cat my son rescued while we were moving. toss She is a
tortoise shell, spayed female that has been declawed. If you don't

rememer
the story, we found her on the on ramp toss in North Phoenix in a

pouring
rainstorm. At first my son named her Tiger, but that didn't fit, then
someone called her "Little Orphan Annie" so we started calling her

Annie.
toss That name doesn't really fit her either. So we're trying to

find
her true name. toss

The thing to remember about Annie is that she loves string. toss She
carries it around the house. She plays with it, she sleeps with it.

toss
She also expects you to throw it and she will retrieve it and you can

toss
it again. toss The problem is that she has no patience for how long

that
may take. toss So if a mere human is on the computer, say, and

trying
write a note to her favorite newsgroup toss and Annie wants to fetch
string, any lapses in tossing time will not be permitted. If said human

was
to delay the string tossing time toss by even a few seconds, Annie

will
be
sitting on the keyboard and making the computer do all kinds of toss
calisthenics until the string is tossed again.

So I have tried to get creative and throw the string in places toss

that
will take some time for her to retrieve so I can get a few words typed

out
toss before she is back, chirping and meowing at me to throw it again.

So
please excuse the interruptions. toss

Take care everyone

Hazel Az toss

What in the whole world does toss mean???

Hans
Illitarate Norwegian...