Bits and Pieces

Old January 11th 04, 06:57 AM
Hopitus2

Welcome back, you two, Hazel and BlueBird; so glad your lives have turned
for the better lately. And Happy New Year, Hans from Norway; for years one
of my best friends was from Norway originally; she had married an American
serviceman long ago and was the only person I ever knew who had actually had
smallpox when a small child (in Norway). She died a few years ago....every
year she would have a huge birthday party with lutefisk, flatbrod (bad
spelling) and other goodies from her country that she loved. I think of Bert
every time I see or hear those food words.

"Karen" wrote in message
.. .
:
:
: What in the whole world does toss mean???
:
: Hans
: Illitarate Norwegian...
:
:
: It took me a bit. That's how many times she had to toss the string for
Annie
: while she was trying to type the post.
:
: Karen
:

Old January 11th 04, 12:34 PM
Adrian

Hazel Az wrote:
"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
"Hazel Az" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi everyone!

What in the whole world does toss mean???

Hans
Illitarate Norwegian...

Sorry Hans,

I was trying to make a joke of having to stop every minute and toss
the string for Annie while typing a message. Sorry to not have been
very clear.

Hazel Az

LOL, I was wondering about that too. I'm glad things are working out for you
and your son, you have every right to be very proud of him.
--
Adrian
A House Is Not A Home, Without A Cat.

Old January 11th 04, 02:28 PM
polonca12000

I'm so glad to hear things are becoming more normal again for you and your
son.
Continued purrs and best wishes for your ex-dh to stop harassing you,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Hazel Az" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi everyone!

I am reading the group, tossand beginning to post a little bit so you

all
don't forget about me. :-) I am now down to 2539 messages, and reading
some everyday. I figure that I can get caught up sometime in 2005. toss

snip

Old January 11th 04, 02:32 PM
polonca12000

BB, you are unforgettable! I think of you often.
Lots and lots of best wishes and extra-strong purrs for you to feel better
and also sending gentle hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"BlueBird" wrote in message
snipI don't want you lovely people to forget all about me !!!!

Secondly, I'm so glad that I'm not the only parent of a fur baby who's
thoroughly trained at entertaining !!!!!!!!! snip

Old January 11th 04, 03:05 PM
Stacey

"Hazel Az" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hi everyone!

I am reading the group, tossand beginning to post a little bit so you

all
don't forget about me. :-) I am now down to 2539 messages, and reading
some everyday. I figure that I can get caught up sometime in 2005. toss
We are sending congratulatins for good news, toss sending purrs and
prayers for everyone who needs it and saying welcome to all the new
memebers.

Anyway toss things have been pretty mellow. Thank you everyone for the
lovely Christmas cards, cat carols and e-mails. toss They have helped

make our Christmas very nice indeed.

I am still getting harassed toss indirectly by soon-to-be-ex-dh. He is
still a PITA, but I'm hoping to get the law after him soon for illegally
using accounts and numbers of mine that he has no right to. toss
Hopefully I can get back some of the money he has cost me.

My new job is great toss and I am doing well there. I finally have

health
insurance! toss My son loves his new school and is doing well also.
toss I hope to get a picture of him in his ROTC uniform and will post

it
when I can.

We are settled toss into our new house. Of course we're not totally
unpacked toss yet, but I am hoping to get there soon. toss The cats
are getting used to their new surroundings as well and seem to have toss
their territories staked out around the place. Shinobu is almost 18 years
old and still doing ok. Dorrie toss is still seeing eagles on the

ceiling
and hiding in fear like she always has. toss Lucy Fur is fat and sassy
and still loves her blankie. toss Spooky still expects treats and

chases
the girls all around the house. toss Then there is Annie.

Annie is the cat my son rescued while we were moving. toss She is a
tortoise shell, spayed female that has been declawed. If you don't

rememer
the story, we found her on the on ramp toss in North Phoenix in a

pouring
rainstorm. At first my son named her Tiger, but that didn't fit, then
someone called her "Little Orphan Annie" so we started calling her Annie.
toss That name doesn't really fit her either. So we're trying to find
her true name. toss

The thing to remember about Annie is that she loves string. toss She
carries it around the house. She plays with it, she sleeps with it.

toss
She also expects you to throw it and she will retrieve it and you can toss
it again. toss The problem is that she has no patience for how long

that
may take. toss So if a mere human is on the computer, say, and trying

write a note to her favorite newsgroup toss and Annie wants to fetch
string, any lapses in tossing time will not be permitted. If said human

was
to delay the string tossing time toss by even a few seconds, Annie will

be
sitting on the keyboard and making the computer do all kinds of toss
calisthenics until the string is tossed again.

So I have tried to get creative and throw the string in places toss that
will take some time for her to retrieve so I can get a few words typed out
toss before she is back, chirping and meowing at me to throw it again.

So
please excuse the interruptions. toss

Take care everyone

Hazel Az toss

ROFL!!!!!!!! I was like "what the hell?" with all the tossing!!!! You kill
me!

Missed ya!

Stacey

Old January 11th 04, 03:28 PM
Marina

"Hazel Az" wrote

I was trying to make a joke of having to stop every minute and toss the
string for Annie while typing a message. Sorry to not have been very

clear.

I thought it was hilarious, Hazel, though it took me a couple of sentences
before I got it. Just wanted to read to end to see *who* you were tossing
*what* to.

--
Marina

Old January 11th 04, 03:45 PM
Takayuki

"Hazel Az" wrote:
My new job is great toss and I am doing well there. I finally have health
insurance! toss My son loves his new school and is doing well also.
toss I hope to get a picture of him in his ROTC uniform and will post it
when I can.

That all sounds great.

Annie is the cat my son rescued while we were moving. toss She is a
tortoise shell, spayed female that has been declawed.

She's one of those tor-toss shells! I like the image of Dorrie seeing
ceiling eagles.

Old January 11th 04, 03:47 PM
Victor Martinez

Hazel!
It's good to hear from you. I am very happy to hear things are looking
much better for you and your son. You certainly deserve it.

Cheers.

Victor

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 04, 07:39 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Hazel Az wrote:

So I have tried to get creative and throw the string in places toss that
will take some time for her to retrieve so I can get a few words typed out
toss before she is back, chirping and meowing at me to throw it again. So
please excuse the interruptions. toss

LOL! You had me wondering what (presumably in html posting) would
produce that frequent "toss" in your post!
Old January 11th 04, 07:42 PM

"Hans Schrøder" wrote:
be
sitting on the keyboard and making the computer do all kinds of toss
calisthenics until the string is tossed again.

So I have tried to get creative and throw the string in places toss that
will take some time for her to retrieve so I can get a few words typed out
toss before she is back, chirping and meowing at me to throw it again.

So
please excuse the interruptions. toss

Take care everyone

Hazel Az toss

What in the whole world does toss mean???

Don't you get it? She's letting us know each time she tosses the string
for Annie.