Requesting Snake Update

Old May 31st 04, 03:17 PM
:-\)Liz

Default Requesting Snake Update

Well, Sherry, did you ever get Mr. Slither out from your basement? Or are
you still guarding the top of the staircase from snake entry?:-) Liz

Old May 31st 04, 04:22 PM
Sherry

Well, Sherry, did you ever get Mr. Slither out from your basement? Or are
you still guarding the top of the staircase from snake entry?:-) Liz

Ugh. No. It's still in there. Except it's not a basement, it's just a cellar
(or a scare-hole, like they're called sometimes). It's not connected to the
house at all. The temporaray solution is, we named it Jake. It seems just
giving it a name (plus finding out for sure it was just a bull snake)....sort
of gave it a personality and took some of the evil-ness away. He / she comes
out on the concrete top of the cellar about every morning, basks in the sun,
then disappears when it gets hot.
I"m still not going in that cellar. I don't care how bad the weather gets.

Sherry

Old May 31st 04, 04:43 PM
jmcquown

Sherry wrote:
Well, Sherry, did you ever get Mr. Slither out from your basement?
Or are you still guarding the top of the staircase from snake
entry?:-) Liz

Ugh. No. It's still in there. Except it's not a basement, it's just a
cellar (or a scare-hole, like they're called sometimes). It's not
connected to the house at all. The temporaray solution is, we named
it Jake. It seems just giving it a name (plus finding out for sure it
was just a bull snake)....sort of gave it a personality and took some
of the evil-ness away. He / she comes out on the concrete top of the
cellar about every morning, basks in the sun, then disappears when it
gets hot.
I"m still not going in that cellar. I don't care how bad the weather
gets.

Sherry

ROFL! Okay, can't you try to shoo Jake away while he/she is basking
outside? 'cause if it IS a "she" you could find a nest of babies in there
before too long. Maybe use a broom or long-handled garden rake.

Jill

Old May 31st 04, 06:24 PM
Sherry

ROFL! Okay, can't you try to shoo Jake away while he/she is basking
outside? 'cause if it IS a "she" you could find a nest of babies in there
before too long. Maybe use a broom or long-handled garden rake.

Jill

Ugh. Gross. I never thought about the possibility of a Jake-ette. The plan is
for DH to re-do the vents & re-seal the door so he/she can't get back in once
we catch him outside. . He's just been working so much the past week he hasn't
had time to fool with it.
Sherry