Kitty IQ -- an example I noticed

Old September 18th 04, 09:55 PM
Bill Stock

"Sherry " wrote in message
My poor Frank is so dumb. He's a kitten mill cat, he's bound to be very

inbred.

He jumps up on my bedroom window and "knocks" on the screen to be let in.

I go
to the back door. He can *see* me through the den window but he can't

figure
out how to get in, until I walk outside where he is.

He can't open a door. If the door is cracked, he reaches his paw in, and

pulls
it TOWARD him. Every time.

Smokes a dim bulb, but she's pretty good with doors, whereas Cali doesn't
seem to get it.

If you're giving him a treat, and drop in on the floor, he can't find it

until
you put your finger on his nose, and let him follow it to the floor.

Both girls do this, although Smokes definately bad.

But you know, that's the sweetest-natured cat I ever had. He's timid of

people,
but he *loves* other cats. All other cats, strays, kittens. That part of

his
personality reminds me of thementally handicapped people that come to the
shelter and help socialize the puppies and kittens. They are all very
sweet-natured and happy all the time, too.
Don't mean to generalize or offend anybody by that. It's just that I

believe
cats can be "challenged" too, just like people.

Smokey is definately the more good natured of the two, although she's a one
person cat. While Cali will suck up to whomever can do her the most good.

Sherry

Old September 18th 04, 10:02 PM
Bill Stock

"bonbon" wrote in message
On 17 Sep 2004 23:20:35 -0700, (Singer709) wrote:

(snip)
Do you have any ways you can tell the varied intelligence of your
fuzz-pals?

Louie and Darla can both count to two.

If I'm standing in the kitchen eating something they think they should
be included in, and say I give a bite to Darla.........then Louie
stands up, sinking his claws into my leg and says "Hey, she got a bite
now I want 1 - 2 !" Then, it's Darla's turn again.

We used to think our Manx, Bobby wasn't too bright, but turns out,
he's a F*ing Genius. I always keep on hand a large amount of those
mini paper plates so in the evening when the kitties get their canned
food they each get a fresh new plate (and no smelly dishes for me to
wash). Well, Bobby is the only one who steps on the edge of his plate
to keep it from scooting around the kitchen while he eats. We think
that's pretty smart, because he does it every time, so it's definitely
on purpose.

I think Manx kitties just love to eat! One of our neigbours had a Manx that
used to visit and although it wasn't too bright, it sure knew how to suck up
for food.

Gidget is always the first to finish, so she can go and see if anyone
else needs help finishing theirs.

Marley Anne thinks canned cat food stinks, and won't have anything to
do with it, no matter what brand. Instead, she sits in front of the
refrigerator and asks for milk. She turns her head, looks up at me and
actually says "Meoooowlk please".

Smokey is a fridge cat. Doesn't matter what you're eating, it can't hurt to
ask for some. It just might be a dairy product, especially CHEESE.

Louie loves to go for rides in my bicycle basket. When I say "Do you
want to go riding?" he gets all excited and I say "Well, go use your
box" and he does.

The other kitties think 'riding' is stupid, and not very cat-like, and
have probably told Louie as much, because when we get home, and I set
him down inside the house, often times he goes about trying to spank
anyone in the room he sees. Almost as if he's defending his love of
'the ride'.

-bonbon

Old September 18th 04, 10:26 PM
bonbon

On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 21:02:15 GMT, "Bill Stock"
wrote:

Smokey is a fridge cat. Doesn't matter what you're eating, it can't hurt to
ask for some. It just might be a dairy product, especially CHEESE.

Gidget (all gray, thinks she's a Russian Blue) loves cheese too, but
only if it's cheddar, and grated.

-bonbon

Old September 18th 04, 10:54 PM
Sherry

While Cali will suck up to whomever can do her the most good.

I had to laugh out loud at the sheer element of truth in that line. Some them
do that. And they're masters at it.

Sherry

My 24 hour kitty O J Cat anecdotes 39 August 20th 04 10:23 AM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM