Snippets & Pics (long again, I'm afraid)

Old September 20th 04, 06:28 AM
LOL

Default Snippets & Pics (long again, I'm afraid)

I got my first kisses from Hubert today! He still doesn't like
petting much - he likes for me to smooth along his perfect little
jawline when he's *very* sleepy, but that's it - so I most frequently
just hold out my hand for him to sniff as our main friendly gesture.
Tonight as I did that he licked my thumb a few times and rubbed his
face on it.

Lula and Hubert have a very strange litterbox dynamic. When one uses
it, the other comes running and watches intently. If "the other"
happens to be Hubert, the one in the box is likely to get pounced on.
They are both fascinated when I scoop out the box, too; Lula just
circles and watches with great interest, but Hubert tends to jump in
and out of the box and swat at the scoop.

I am not used to tails, and get a lot of amusement from watching the
tail action around here. Hubert's tail has gotten *very* long and he
carries it like a flag, and it lashes like a whip when he's playing.
Tallulah struts around forming graceful shapes with her fluffy tail,
and wraps it around my legs whenever she wants something.

When I'm scooping out their canned food, Tallulah circles my legs and
wraps her tail around my ankles; Hubert sits on my feet. Both of them
are yelling the whole time.

Tallulah is quite a talker (translation: she *never* shuts up) and
when she and Hubert are playing she runs around the place trilling.
Hubert is starting to do the same thing; running and trilling in his
tiny squeaky voice.

Hubert is 8 weeks old, and is getting real fur instead of baby fuzz;
his body is starting to look like a cat, long-legged and sleek, though
he still has a darling little kitten face.

Lula still nurses Hubert; I think sometimes she does this deliberately
just because it puts him to sleep. She has a hard time getting much
attention when he's awake; he's a distraction for her, and it's
impossible to play with just her because he hurls himself into the
middle of any play action that may be happening, pouncing on Lula and
snatching away any toys. When he's asleep, she will frequently seek
me out and lead me into another room, and we will have "Lula Time"
with petting or playing as she prefers. We do it quietly. ;-)

A frequent pastime around here is Booping The Hube; I poke him and say
"boop" and he bats my finger. This never seems to get old.

Tallulah has been having her post-surgery antibiotics mixed in with
her canned food - as it turns out, she'll eat it with no problem.
This is good, because she was just impossible to medicate. She's an
expert at passive resistance; she doesn't bite or claw, just squirms
and pushes (she's *shockingly* strong) and at first she refused to
open her mouth. When she realized we could get the syringe in her
mouth anyway, she then refused to close her mouth instead, so that all
the medicine just ran back out. *sigh*

The only thing is, T&H like to swap bowls frequently while they're
eating, so I have to play Food Police while Lula has her meds. Hubert
is always the first to break for the other bowl; I keep putting his
own bowl back in front of him, and he eats a bit more then tries to
get to Lula's bowl again. I have to do the same for Tallulah a few
times as well. When she's finally had enough and heads for Hubert's
bowl with finality, I swoop up her bowl before Hubert can get to it,
and he's always left looking around forlornly for the bowl that was
*right there* just a minute ago.

I don't think DH knows I heard him, but a few weeks ago I saw him
gazing at Hubert, who was gazing back; DH said to him, "You are a
marvel." I know what he means; it's amazing seeing a creature so tiny
and fragile, and yet so self-directed. We watch Hubert fling himself
at the world, and then we touch him and feel how delicate he is. A
kitten is a miracle. Of course, I *do* keep reminding Hubert that
he's lucky he's so cute, or I'd have pulled his little head off by
now, probably the first time he pulled down the curtains, rod and all
- if not then, certainly the *second* time, which was the very next
day.

I have uploaded a few more pics of T&H; new ones start with pic # 17.
You can see how much Hubert has grown at
http://photos.yahoo.com/crazycatlawyer

------
Krista
Old September 20th 04, 01:17 PM
Helen Wheels

LOL wrote:

I got my first kisses from Hubert today! He still doesn't like
petting much - he likes for me to smooth along his perfect little
jawline when he's *very* sleepy, but that's it - so I most frequently
just hold out my hand for him to sniff as our main friendly gesture.
Tonight as I did that he licked my thumb a few times and rubbed his
face on it.

snipped more wonderful kitten tales

Eeeeek! They are so gorgeous. I loved the shot of both of them crammed
into that tiny cardboard box.

Old September 20th 04, 02:07 PM
Marina

LOL wrote:
lots of snippage

A frequent pastime around here is Booping The Hube; I poke him and say
"boop" and he bats my finger. This never seems to get old.

ROFL! Love the pics. It must be torture to have all that cuteness around
and not be allowed to cuddle it! I couldn't take it. LOl at both of them
in the box. A classic shot. And the size of that kitten! Eight weeks
old??? I think you'll have to buy a new house before he grows up. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki