*sighs*

Old September 27th 04, 06:36 AM
gracecat

Default *sighs*

I'm ovulating this weekend.

We're going to have another child, someday. But it just... it's difficult. I
can't imagine life with a single living child. But I can't *not* feel like
this is just a kneejerk reaction, a "replacement" of sorts. Guilt,
confusion....

Don't really have a point to this thread, just meanderings.

I met a woman this weekend, she lost her 17 month old 22 years ago. It
helped, I guess. Makes me want to surround myself with mothers who have lost
children. It's a horrific bond. I asked her what happened, and she shared
the details. In turn, she has been the *only* person that was able to ask
and I shared without any negativity towards the callousness of someone
asking, well what happened. And I have had friends that mentioned that yes,
they wondered what occurred, what caused Eve's death... but only after I
supplied the barest details. And that was ok, I understand the need to know.
It's a closing And yes, that post is coming eventually. It's easier to tell
it than it is to type it out. But... it was different, I felt so open, like
a secret was safe to share with a person that held the same secret. Maybe
details can be swapped easier with someone who has endured the same tragedy.

It's just... an immense hurt. The little things...

Old September 27th 04, 08:24 AM
Yoj

"gracecat" wrote in message
[...]

((((((((((Grace)))))))))

I can't imagine what you're going through. Well, I can sort of imagine
it, because it's a fear I think all parents have, but I know your pain
is beyond my understanding. It is good that you found someone you can
talk to about it - someone who truly understands.

Joy

Old September 27th 04, 09:26 AM

gracecat wrote:

I met a woman this weekend, she lost her 17 month old 22 years ago. It
helped, I guess. Makes me want to surround myself with mothers who have lost
children. It's a horrific bond. I asked her what happened, and she shared
the details. In turn, she has been the *only* person that was able to ask
and I shared without any negativity towards the callousness of someone
asking, well what happened. ... it was different, I felt so open, like
a secret was safe to share with a person that held the same secret. Maybe
details can be swapped easier with someone who has endured the same tragedy.

I wonder, Grace, is there a grief group in your area that you might join,
when/if you're ready for something like that? Hospitals sometimes run groups
like this, also community centers, and churches, etc. You've probably already
thought of this. But your post made me think that if talking to this woman
felt safe, maybe others who've lost children are the people you need to be
talking to right now?

{{{Grace}}}

Continuing purrs,

Joyce

Old September 27th 04, 01:03 PM
Annie Wxill

"gracecat" wrote in message
.... It's just... an immense hurt. The little things...

Grace,
Give yourself time.
Be aware that as a woman, your hormones will affect your emotions and take
that into consideration.
Share what you need to share and hang onto what you need to hang onto.
Your healing comes before anyone's desire or need to know details.
Don't hesitate to ask for help when you need it and don't feel obligated to
accept what you don't need.
Just know that we are here for you whenever and however you need us,
individually or as a group.
Hugs,
Annie