Eating on demand

Old January 4th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Default Eating on demand

Our crew gets wet food twice a day, morning and evening, about 12 hours
appart. The automatic kibble feeder also feeds twice a day, roughly an
hour after the wet food is served.
On the weekends the cats tend to eat less than normal, don't know why.
There's always lots of leftover wet food that needs to be tossed.
Anyhow, most Fridays I work from home. All the cats sleep most of the
day, but Basho wakes up around 11am and then again around 2pm and
pesters me for food. Does he do this when I'm not here? I mean, wake up
hungry and look for a snack? Or does the realize that since I'm here, I
may as well feed him whenever he wants?

Victor, closely supervised by Basho who is determined to get an
afternoon snack.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 4th 08, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Jan 4, 3:27*pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
Our crew gets wet food twice a day, morning and evening, about 12 hours
appart. The automatic kibble feeder also feeds twice a day, roughly an
hour after the wet food is served.
On the weekends the cats tend to eat less than normal, don't know why.
There's always lots of leftover wet food that needs to be tossed.
Anyhow, most Fridays I work from home. All the cats sleep most of the
day, but Basho wakes up around 11am and then again around 2pm and
pesters me for food. Does he do this when I'm not here? I mean, wake up
hungry and look for a snack? Or does the realize that since I'm here, I
may as well feed him whenever he wants?

On a chilly day
An extra bite of this or
That is always good.

Basho (your Basho, not that other guy. He wrote enough) Actually, it
seems in character for EITHER Basho, although the poet might have
preferred an extra drink of this or that.

Will in New Haven

Old January 5th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Victor Martinez wrote:

Our crew gets wet food twice a day, morning and evening, about 12 hours
appart. The automatic kibble feeder also feeds twice a day, roughly an
hour after the wet food is served.
On the weekends the cats tend to eat less than normal, don't know why.
There's always lots of leftover wet food that needs to be tossed.
Anyhow, most Fridays I work from home. All the cats sleep most of the
day, but Basho wakes up around 11am and then again around 2pm and
pesters me for food. Does he do this when I'm not here? I mean, wake up
hungry and look for a snack? Or does the realize that since I'm here, I
may as well feed him whenever he wants?

Victor, closely supervised by Basho who is determined to get an
afternoon snack.

I suppose it depends upon the individual cats (what
doesn't?), but I deal with the "munchies" by having dry food
available for snacking at all times, and give them moist
food once a day. (Used to be twice, but they left most of
each meal, and one of them seemed to be getting a bit chubby
on that regime.)