the zoomies

Old December 4th 04, 02:09 AM
yepp

Default the zoomies

My cats are 9 years old and are indoor-only. They suffer from zoomies.
Zoomies is when they start to zoom from room to room and have no
designation. They just run like wild. They did this as kittens and I
thought maybe it would cease with age, but no. They do it at least twice a
day. Madness plus fun watching them.

Old December 4th 04, 02:23 AM
Yoj

"yepp" wrote in message
My cats are 9 years old and are indoor-only. They suffer from

zoomies.
Zoomies is when they start to zoom from room to room and have no
designation. They just run like wild. They did this as kittens and I
thought maybe it would cease with age, but no. They do it at least

twice a
day. Madness plus fun watching them.

Nanki-Poo does this after he's spent some time getting affectionate with
the Cat Claws scratcher (with catnip). He does it two or three times a
day. I think he's a catnip junkie. ;-)

Joy

Old December 4th 04, 02:30 AM
yepp

lol! If my cats get catnip, which I do every weekend, they (2 males) start
to fight. Nothing serious but they just lay on their sides and whip each
other with their front legs. It is funny. Once in awhile, Casey will hiss
but mostly they are just acting like they are drunk.

I put the catnip on their scratching post. A floor post. They just lie on
it and get catnip all over their long hair and play stupid for 30 minutes.
Then, they always end up grooming each other and falling asleep.

Old December 4th 04, 02:59 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 21:09:34 -0500, "yepp" yodeled:

My cats are 9 years old and are indoor-only. They suffer from zoomies.
Zoomies is when they start to zoom from room to room and have no
designation. They just run like wild. They did this as kittens and I
thought maybe it would cease with age, but no. They do it at least twice a
day. Madness plus fun watching them.

Oh, we have all kinds of names for that. The Thundering Herd of
Elephants. Bouncing Off The Walls, etc.

Why don't you introduce yourself and your kitties?

Theresa
Old December 4th 04, 03:01 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:23:32 GMT, "Yoj"
yodeled:

"yepp" wrote in message
My cats are 9 years old and are indoor-only. They suffer from

zoomies.
Zoomies is when they start to zoom from room to room and have no
designation. They just run like wild. They did this as kittens and I
thought maybe it would cease with age, but no. They do it at least

twice a
day. Madness plus fun watching them.

Nanki-Poo does this after he's spent some time getting affectionate with
the Cat Claws scratcher (with catnip). He does it two or three times a
day. I think he's a catnip junkie. ;-)

Joy

Stinky still does it at nearly 14. I love to see it, it means he's
still not slowing down.

Theresa
Old December 4th 04, 03:10 PM
Seanette Blaylock

Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about the zoomies:

Stinky still does it at nearly 14. I love to see it, it means he's
still not slowing down.

Felix has never been prone to that. Ava does it, OTOH. :-)

Old December 4th 04, 03:26 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 07:10:13 -0800, Seanette Blaylock
yodeled:

Kreisleriana had some very interesting
things to say about the zoomies:

Stinky still does it at nearly 14. I love to see it, it means he's
still not slowing down.

Felix has never been prone to that. Ava does it, OTOH. :-)

And she's got WINGS!

Theresa
Old December 4th 04, 03:37 PM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

Stinky still does it at nearly 14. I love to see it, it means he's
still not slowing down.

It's so nice to watch. Frank (17) and Nikki (16) both still do it. I'm
glad I got them a bigger flat to do it in. )

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old December 5th 04, 03:16 AM
jmcquown

yepp wrote:
My cats are 9 years old and are indoor-only. They suffer from
zoomies. Zoomies is when they start to zoom from room to room and
have no designation. They just run like wild. They did this as
kittens and I thought maybe it would cease with age, but no. They do
it at least twice a day. Madness plus fun watching them.

Persia gets the zoomies right after she's eaten in the morning or if she's
trying to wake me up to tell me she should be fed, pronto. After a nice
afternoon nap she starts playing with her mousies and crinkly mylar balls
and then goes zooming around again.

Jill

Old December 5th 04, 04:07 AM
Dan M

yepp wrote:

My cats are 9 years old and are indoor-only. They suffer from zoomies.
Zoomies is when they start to zoom from room to room and have no
designation. They just run like wild. They did this as kittens and I
thought maybe it would cease with age, but no. They do it at least twice a
day. Madness plus fun watching them.

Harri sometimes gets the zoomies when we're on a walk. Today, for
example. We're at a truck stop in Tonopah, AZ, with a lot of empty
desert on either side of us. It was raining this afternoon, but about 4
PM it tapered off to a gentle drizzle, and Harri was REALLY bored (we've
been waiting for a load since midnight last night).

We went for our usual walk in the drizzle, and Harri seemed not to mind.
There is a small gully with a bottom of soft sand that we crossed
several times during our wandering. Each time we'd upon it Harri would
hunker down in the middle of it, do the butt-twitch thing, and get the
zoomies. She'd take off in one direction, run almost as far as the leash
will let her get (just over 10 feet), come to a sudden stop, turn and
zoom the other way, and repeat a few times.

We came upon this little gully close to a dozen times, so by the time we
finished our walk (just over an hour) she was one exhausted little
kitten. I had brought along a dry towel in a plastic bag, so when it was
time to return to the truck I picked her up in the towel and started
drying her as we walked. By the time we got back to the truck she was
darned near asleep! She napped while I ran into the truck stop to shower
and do laundry.