We survived

Old April 3rd 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default We survived

jmcquown wrote:
Tornado sirens went off three times in three hours (which indicates a
funnel cloud was spotted) and the thunder and lightening were
horrendous, but all is well here for now. Persia hid in the closet
and I though briefly about joining her (there's a pillow and a
comforter in there) but hey, if it's gonna getcha, it's gonna getcha.
No sounds of freight trains and it looks like the nasty storm front
has moved on past. I'm having a glass of wine now. Persia is
rolling around on her crackle sack (she loves that thing!). Peaches
is busy ringing her bell toys. All is right in our world

Jill

We got it pretty bad in our area. An old house (federal style from the
1800's) that was always beautifully decorated was heavily damaged (I used to
pass it 2x daily on my way to/from work), roof town off and a bunch of the
wood-plank siding ripped off the southeast corner.... more branches & limbs
down in our yard, but the rental across the street, had a huge, ancient tree
from their front yard land on it. And the owners had just had the
maintenance dudes clean it up on Saturday (from Friday night's storms).
Looks like they may have a bunch of repairs to do to the house before they
can rent it again

Old April 3rd 06, 07:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
[...]

4 pics quickly snapped, starting he
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...47371020oFNcLO

Old April 3rd 06, 07:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-03, jmcquown penned:
Tornado sirens went off three times in three hours (which indicates
a funnel cloud was spotted) and the thunder and lightening were
horrendous, but all is well here for now. Persia hid in the closet
and I though briefly about joining her (there's a pillow and a
comforter in there) but hey, if it's gonna getcha, it's gonna
getcha. No sounds of freight trains and it looks like the nasty
storm front has moved on past. I'm having a glass of wine now.
Persia is rolling around on her crackle sack (she loves that
thing!). Peaches is busy ringing her bell toys. All is right in
our world

Glad to hear that it's over and you're no worse for wear.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 3rd 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-03, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:
We got it pretty bad in our area. An old house (federal style from
the 1800's) that was always beautifully decorated was heavily
damaged (I used to pass it 2x daily on my way to/from work), roof
town off and a bunch of the wood-plank siding ripped off the
southeast corner.... more branches & limbs down in our yard, but
the rental across the street, had a huge, ancient tree from their
front yard land on it. And the owners had just had the maintenance
dudes clean it up on Saturday (from Friday night's storms). Looks
like they may have a bunch of repairs to do to the house before they
can rent it again

I'm sorry to hear that, but glad that, from your silence on the
subject, you and your property must have come through mostly unharmed.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old April 3rd 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

On 2006-04-03, Magic Mood JeepŠ penned:
We got it pretty bad in our area. An old house (federal style from
the 1800's) that was always beautifully decorated was heavily
damaged (I used to pass it 2x daily on my way to/from work), roof
town off and a bunch of the wood-plank siding ripped off the
southeast corner.... more branches & limbs down in our yard, but
the rental across the street, had a huge, ancient tree from their
front yard land on it. And the owners had just had the maintenance
dudes clean it up on Saturday (from Friday night's storms). Looks
like they may have a bunch of repairs to do to the house before they
can rent it again

I'm sorry to hear that, but glad that, from your silence on the
subject, you and your property must have come through mostly unharmed.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Limbs down in the yard, mostly - will wait for a nice dry day to clear them
up, And our trash cans were blown about a bit, but not as bad as on Friday
(we found one in the road Saturday morning, and also a bunch of fencing in
the addition behind us was torn down - mostly at one house, and his 2
dobermans were galivanting around the neighborhood. We went to them and
told them at around 8am-is, woke them up and they had no clue to the
condition of their fencing!)

Old April 9th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Lucky me, out of tornado range by quite awhile. Though, I'll admit
that I'm wondering what happened to our winter. I'm in western NY
State, USA. some how, we havn't had the snow we usually have.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

OT PRAYERS NEEDED NMR Cat anecdotes 30 January 5th 06 07:02 PM
The Gulf Will Rise Again - John Grisham Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 0 October 2nd 05 07:45 PM
Well, the squirrel survived... CatNipped Cat anecdotes 9 December 19th 04 10:46 PM
We've survived so far. OT but WTH you're used to that from me Cap'n Pine Cone esq. Cat anecdotes 51 July 18th 04 09:34 PM