My hooman is luukin at two more cats.

Old November 11th 04, 09:28 PM
Fred

Carol wrote:
Fred wrote in message m...

Well furends, My hooman, Fred, is going tonight to look at two
Kitties. A young mother and her kitten and maybe thinkin about
bringin them back here.

We knozs yoor hooman. If dat mom and baby decide to adopt him, dey
will get a good home.

I fingk so Tophat. Fred is going to get them tonite and
bring them here to stay in da IN fur at least a week, so they gets
to know the place as home. We don't know if they'll like bein in
da IN, but we hopes so. Enny cat goin in and out will have to have
aunty flea medicine, and Fred duzn't like the poison in da cat's
blood. Better than Fleas maybe, but long term, it might not be good
fur kitties.
Now I gotta fingk of naymes fur these new kitties. Hmmm Fred
usually goes wif Greek Gods or heros fur names. I wunder what he'll
do this time.

--
Jetadiah and his hooman, Fred in Catnada
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply if by email).
Old November 12th 04, 04:46 PM
Carol

whoo were da mother and dotter whoo could never see each other and
that is why we have seasons? Mefinks one was Demeter, but purrhaps
I'm wrong... dey could even have been Roman ... Purrsephone purrhaps?

Old November 12th 04, 09:18 PM
Miss Violette

we will purr that you do what is best for all of you, Miss Violette
Fred wrote in message
Well furends, My hooman, Fred, is going tonight to look at two
Kitties. A young mother and her kitten and maybe thinkin about
bringin them back here.
They were rescue cats and has been in da OUT, but the rescuer says
they should settle down and be indoor outdoor cats. Now, I'ze a
feral Kitty and klive in da OUT full time, ceptin' when I get limpin
onna 3 legs an Fred traps me and brings me ta da IN which I hates an
I hides in da bassment, but it is waarmer. I has an outdoor house
under da werkshop an it's insulated, but Fred thingks I might be
sharing it wif a skunk! Rotten skunk tayks mineownself's fuud when
I'ze not around,... but when there's no fuud here we gets along OK.
Anyways, there's nuffing sertan yet. There's da kwestion of having
enuff tunas fur da new family and all their fuud and litter an stuff
an da new $1500. drapes inna liffingruum dat mustn't be scratched.
Fred's a little fraid ov getting more cats dan he kan handle, butt
he nose dat it's an honour tu have cats inna house an tu be their
servant. He just wants tui make sure he can du it well.

--
Jetadiah an his hooman, Fred frun Catnada.
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply if by email).

Old November 13th 04, 01:06 AM
Fred

Carol wrote:
whoo were da mother and dotter whoo could never see each other and
that is why we have seasons? Mefinks one was Demeter, but purrhaps
I'm wrong... dey could even have been Roman ... Purrsephone purrhaps?

Those are gudgud idearments, but Fred is now strongly leaning
towards "Diana" fur the mother. She was the Goddess of the hunt,
you know. Then there's the connection wif Diana Spencer who made
such a wonderful impression on the world, and should not be
forgotten. Yup, Diana would be a gudgud name fur her. Maybe she'll
post soon.
Still there's not the foggiest noshum ov what to call the kid.

hooman note: I managed to take some digital photos this morning
when the cats came close to the window and on the couch. They
needed to be in bright light of my cheap digital "Pencam" wouldn't
work. As it is there are serious problems with the high contrast in
the photos and *someone's* finger over the lense in a large number
of the photos.
The cats spent the first night exploring and several times Diana
woke me asking for more food. They have gone through 6 or 7 small
tins of food in one 24 hour period, and these are not large cats. I
expect it was the excitement. By one o'clock this afternoon, they
finally tired out and slept right through till 6:00pm.

--
Jetadiah an' his hooman, Fred frum Catnada.
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply if by email)

Old November 13th 04, 11:55 PM
Carol

[...]

Awww, sound almost like hooman kittens. I hope things work out, it
would be so good if mother and daughter could stay together. I
adopted a brother and sister (I was only going to get the brother, but
the sister wouldn't let go of him and kept looking at me. And, I had
my 10 year old at the time son) Let me just say I am convinced family
members should stay together if at all possible. They are over a year
old now and still sleep next to each other a lot.

Old November 14th 04, 12:39 AM
Fred

Carol wrote:
[...]

Yeah. I had some doubts last night; not about the cats but about
my ability to care for them. By the way, it's a mother and son, not
a mother and daughter. But today I was able to handle everything
and make some progress on the housework. I also dug up Jetadiah's
insulated house and removed the moth balls that I had been using to
keep the skunks out. Jetadiah was turning up on the porch still
smelling of them and I thought it might be not good for him, or at
least unpleasant. His place should be warm and comfortable now.
I've named the newcomers now. The mum is "Daina" and the son,...
Well I just got my Satellite dish hooked up and was watching
Tottenham Hutspur against Arsenal this morning, (needed the football
fix), and the kitten was fascinated and ever so cute watching it and
practically batting at the ball on the screen. That intensity can
only be rewarded by the name of a football hero, and since I'm a
Manchester United fan first, I decided to call him Ryan, after Ryan
Giggs, one of my favourite players. So there we are; Diana and
Ryan. (OK, it's an odd couple, but they were named independantly,
and they seem to fit).
They did the afternoon sleep again today, It seems like it's going
to be a tradition, for a while anyway. Later I found out that Ryan
is just fascinated by the TV, regardless of what show is on. They
are settling down and starting to treat the house like it's a
onetruehome.

--
Fred
(Remove FFFf from my email address to reply if by email)