New kitten and evil neignbors

Old May 29th 05, 02:10 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Default New kitten and evil neignbors

Julie wrote:
A couple of days ago I found four kittens half hiding in the bushes
in my front garden. I gave them some food and water and resolved to
try and catch them, as the situation didn't look good. Turns out they
belong to the people (I use the term loosely) who live several houses
down the street. They're backyard breeders, the kittens mom is
siamese, as for the dad, well, they don't know, it could be any cat
really.

Through a couple of further conversations the neighbor explained that
she hadn't had the cat fixed as it was "mean" and she was afraid that
it might scratch her if she took it to the vet. She also explained
that this was the cats third litter, and that every time mom takes off
with the kittens and hides them. This is because "she doesn't like the
dogs being near the kittens." Quite a problem as this women keeps
three dogs, two other cats, plus mom and the kittens in the garage.
Three of the cats are siamese-looking so she expects to get "at least
a couple of hundred easy," for them. The fourth, the runt, is gray.

Anyways, this morning the cats were back in my front yard, neighbor
tells me that they must really like me, and as a gift for being so
nice about all this gives me the small kitten, the one she won't be
able to sell as it doesn't look siamese. I'm a sucker, and love
kitties so am happy to get at least one cat away from this wacky
woman. He's skinny and sickly so off to the vet we go.

The kitten, now named Fred, is very small for his age, he's anemic,
perhaps from the huge amount of fleas on him, or maybe the worms,
anyway he gets dewormed and I get a flea comb. He also gets
antibiotics for the blood-tinged diarrhea. Next problem is his feet -
they're so badly infected that he has maggots living in his front two
paws. Yes, MAGGOTS. His feet get scrubbed, a fungal swab is done, and
I get some antiseptic to swab on them twice daily.

He likes to eat, so may live, but really, how the **** can you not
notice that your kitten has fleas, worms, maggots, and bloody
diarrhea?!!

I think, if you have all the documentation, that she should be reported to
your local SPCA/Humane Society. That is surely neglect, and they will
probably force her to get the Mama fixed .

Old May 29th 05, 02:35 PM

You need to report this woman to animal control for neglect ASAP. You
have documentation of the neglect from your vet and vet records and
should include it.
There are also many cities that have limits on the number of pets you
can have and if she is over that limit, she may have to apply for an
animal permit, which usually requires proof of vaccination and
spay/neuter and licensing the animals. Please do something.

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old May 29th 05, 03:54 PM

Julie wrote:
[...]

People, read this post, and the next time you see an ad in the
newspaper, "Siamese Kittens For Sale", remember it. This is
unfortunately NOT uncommon.

Sherry

Old May 29th 05, 04:03 PM
Spot

I personally would call animal control. If the kitten is in this shape
there is no telling what shape the rest of the animals are in. People like
this shouldn't be allowed to have animals ever.

Celeste

Old May 29th 05, 06:33 PM
Philip

Annie Wxill wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message
I think, if you have all the documentation, that she should be
reported to your local SPCA/Humane Society. That is surely neglect,
and they will probably force her to get the Mama fixed .

Exactly the thought that went through my mind when I read the post.
As one of my daughters says, "there's no such thing as a free kitten."
Annie

More accurately, there ARE kittens to had for free ... they just don't stay
that way.

(no pet is maintenance free ... duh)

Old May 29th 05, 10:18 PM
KellyH

"Magic Mood Jeep©" wrote in message

I think, if you have all the documentation, that she should be reported to
your local SPCA/Humane Society. That is surely neglect, and they will
probably force her to get the Mama fixed .

Chiming in to say I second this. Take pictures if you can, too. These
people are awful! Good for you for helping little Fred.

-Kelly