We have a rabbit.

Old April 30th 11, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Default We have a rabbit.

Not sure of the gender yet but if it's a boy, he will be Henry, and if
a girl, Hazel. Rabbit is currently 4.5 weeks old, amazingly soft, a
very pretty grey color. Somewhat shy for the time being. Cats are
intrigued. Rabbit has full possession of large (4'X5') cage in main
room of house. Cage contents: bowl of rabbit pellets, water dish,
litterbox, small house with bed, pine shavings, and bowl of wild salad
(plantain, clover, arrowhead plant). We look forward to full-grown,
litter-trained rabbit being fully integrated with cat family. This is
a first for us and Very Exciting!

Old April 30th 11, 08:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alison[_4_]

"Pat" wrote in message
Not sure of the gender yet but if it's a boy, he will be Henry, and if
a girl, Hazel. Rabbit is currently 4.5 weeks old, amazingly soft, a
very pretty grey color. Somewhat shy for the time being. Cats are
intrigued. Rabbit has full possession of large (4'X5') cage in main
room of house. Cage contents: bowl of rabbit pellets, water dish,
litterbox, small house with bed, pine shavings, and bowl of wild salad
(plantain, clover, arrowhead plant). We look forward to full-grown,
litter-trained rabbit being fully integrated with cat family. This is
a first for us and Very Exciting!

Rabbits make lovely pets and Hazel or Henry sounds very sweet. Where did
you get her or him from? For give me for saying this but baby rabbits arent
usually rehomed until they are at least 6 weeks old.
Alison

Old April 30th 11, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

Alison wrote:

* *Rabbits make lovely pets and Hazel or Henry sounds very sweet. Where did
you get her or him from? For give me for saying this but baby rabbits arent
usually rehomed until they are at least 6 weeks old.

I did not know about the proper rehoming age. I hope it works out OK.
The lady in charge of them did seem to know her stuff when it comes to
rabbits and gave me lots of advice and tips. My main concern was if it
would be OK alone, or should we have two? She said it would be fine
alone (and I tend to believe this, since I've never seen a "herd" or
even a pair of rabbits in the wild, they are always alone. But I am
concerned now that it may get lonely without a pal. What do you think?

We were selling plants at the local growers' market (a Saturday
morning thing in this small town) and the people with the rabbits were
across the aisle from us. Watching the bunnies go to their new homes
one by one, I simply could not handle the cuteness, and we ended up
trading some plants for one.

Old April 30th 11, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_3_]

I just realized we have a stuffed toy rabbit about the same size as
the pet, so I added that to the cage. Hoping it will help ease any
loneliness... Rabbit is on its own for the first time in its short
life today....

Old April 30th 11, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Alison[_4_]

"Pat" wrote in message

I did not know about the proper rehoming age. I hope it works out OK.

The lady in charge of them did seem to know her stuff when it comes to
rabbits and gave me lots of advice and tips. My main concern was if it
would be OK alone, or should we have two? She said it would be fine
alone (and I tend to believe this, since I've never seen a "herd" or
even a pair of rabbits in the wild, they are always alone. But I am
concerned now that it may get lonely without a pal. What do you think?

If you haven't already, I think the best thing to do would be to join a
rabbit forum and ask for advice about your baby bunny just to be in the
safe side about change of diet etc .

The only ones I know are Uk ones
http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/

There is also a good small pet section (cats and other animals ) on

http://www.dogpages.org.uk/forums/

also general advice here
http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/resources/index.php

were selling plants at the local growers' market (a Saturday

morning thing in this small town) and the people with the rabbits were
across the aisle from us. Watching the bunnies go to their new homes
one by one, I simply could not handle the cuteness, and we ended up
trading some plants for one.

In all honesty , if these people were selling kittens at a market what
would you think? I think they are more interested in making money than the
welfare of their animals. This little rabbit is lucky to have been
taken home by you.
Alison

Old April 30th 11, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Pat" wrote in message
Alison wrote:

[...]

***

I wouldn't get another unless (a) you can be sure it's the same gender or
(b) you want to raise a *lot* of rabbits. ;-)

Joy

Old April 30th 11, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Pat wrote:
Not sure of the gender yet but if it's a boy, he will be Henry, and if
a girl, Hazel. Rabbit is currently 4.5 weeks old, amazingly soft, a
very pretty grey color. Somewhat shy for the time being. Cats are
intrigued. Rabbit has full possession of large (4'X5') cage in main
room of house. Cage contents: bowl of rabbit pellets, water dish,
litterbox, small house with bed, pine shavings, and bowl of wild salad
(plantain, clover, arrowhead plant). We look forward to full-grown,
litter-trained rabbit being fully integrated with cat family. This is
a first for us and Very Exciting!

My sister house-trained a rabbit by putting old newspapers
in the cage.
After a month or two, when left out of the cage,
it utilized any newspaper at ground level.
Old May 1st 11, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

I did not know about the proper rehoming age. I hope it works out OK.
The lady in charge of them did seem to know her stuff when it comes to
rabbits and gave me lots of advice and tips. My main concern was if it
would be OK alone, or should we have two? She said it would be fine
alone (and I tend to believe this, since I've never seen a "herd" or
even a pair of rabbits in the wild, they are always alone. But I am
concerned now that it may get lonely without a pal. What do you think?

I think that he/she is going to have lots of pals. Hopefully, if it's
a male, he won't annoy the hell out of the cats. I once read the funniest
account of the interactions between a rescued rabbit (male) and the
resident cat (don't remember the gender, but I'm not sure it was important).
That rabbit was hell-bent on mating with the cat, and he got a lot of hard
thwaps on the head for his trouble. Wish I could find that site again, but
I guess it's gone. In any case, the two animals certainly didn't harm each
other.

Joyce

--
Beauty and music seduce us first; later, ashamed of our own
sensuality, we insist on meaning. -- Clive Barker
Old May 1st 11, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
pat Chlebowski

It should be very interesting at your house... Good luck...

LOL Rabbit jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 April 12th 08 01:57 AM
the rabbit [email protected] Cat anecdotes 2 September 16th 07 10:20 AM
Not cat nor rabbit but cute. James Cat health & behaviour 2 September 3rd 07 05:47 PM
About the rabbit Toby Sereena Nightshade via CatKB.com Cat rescue 2 March 6th 05 09:51 AM
Rabbit leg Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 1 January 27th 05 02:26 PM