why do cats get on your chest while you sleep ?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 12th 11, 03:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default why do cats get on your chest while you sleep ?

On Monday, July 11, 2011 2:41:56 PM UTC-6, Lesley wrote:
On Jul 11, 8:45*am, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

((((hugs)))) *I know how that is (then again, I think everyone knows how that is).

I just keep thinking "she had a chance"- it was bad enough with
Fugazi and she was dying- wasn't suffering Kylie said I could have
taken her home for one last night- but would be soon so all I was
really doing was allowing her to exit before she did- she would have
died whatever I did but painfully if I had stayed my hand

That's the hard one. Wondering if you may have had a little more time. You are right though. It's much less painful on the mind, knowing that you saved them from at least some pain.

Dunzi the vet reckoned a 25 -30% chance she'd have made it to the
emergency clinic and I am still thinking "30% that's 3 in 10" why
didn't I plead with that vet to give her a little more time to
stabilise when she went to sleep at the last moment she seemed to perk
up a little was the the drip/antibiotic etc kicking in? Maybe she
just needed to rest and would have sailed through it all and right now
she'd be here..it wasn't about money I can afford it the vet said
£600 at least and that these days is sod all (I am not saying I won
the lottery or something but I do have a few bob set aside)

You know, someone near here had dumped a teensy black kitten a couple of years ago. I had gone outside, and heard this tiny little baby kitten crying, and crying, and crying. I found him under my house (I tempted him out with some tuna). I named him Endymion.

He was beautiful and I loved him. He was maybe 10 weeks old. One morning I noticed he was slower coming to breakfast. By afternoon he was having to drag his hind legs. I took him to the vet, and she did all sorts of tests.. Could find nothing wrong. No injury, no bacteria or virus. She thought it might be non-bacterial encephalitis, but wouldn't have been contagious to the other cats. He would have to be taken to the litter box, and "helped" to potty. He might get better or he might not.

She claimed the odds were very much against him. I talked with hubby, and we decided that he needed to be sent on his way. I went down there, I held him close (and cried my eyes out). The vet came in, gave him his shot, and on her way out, she said... "We could have saved him, he would have been fine. You just needed to give him more time."

That one preys on my mind, even now. I'd only known him for a week (but he would come bounding out whenever I would call Endy, Endy, Endy). Who knew that someone could get so attached so quickly? I still cry (like now), when I think of him. He was such a sweet little guy.

Dave says he was here so he is a lot easier for him in some ways- he
thought she was gone at home and all that was left was her body

But I still think ..what if?

I could say don't do that, but then I do that all the time (particularly as noted above). I do have the "advantage" of having kept a couple of my babies around too long (Nicodemus - RB May 2003 and Barnabus), knowing in hind sight, that I did them a disservice, but my heart wasn't ready.