It's official, we're going home!

Old December 21st 04, 06:53 PM
Dan M

Default It's official, we're going home!

I won't be making any money this week, but we will be getting home. We
finished delivering a load of dog biscuits in Tracy, CA (near Stockton)
about 9:00 this morning. Our next load doesn't pick up until noon
tomorrow in Fairfield (San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, not too far east
of Oakland), but it will get us home tomorrow night. Yeah! We get to
spend Wednesday night at home, and don't have to come back to work until
after Christmas!

And until time to roll for Fairfield, we parked at the Flying J truck
stop in Ripon, CA. I'm splurging and paying for WiFI so I have
high-speed Internet access today. And right across the street from us is
a big orchard. We're just about to go over there for our first kitten
walk in four days. It's so nice to be back in decent temps again! Our
current (11 AM) temperature of 54 degrees is so much nicer than
sub-freezing.

Dan
Old December 21st 04, 07:02 PM
jmcquown

Dan M wrote:
[...]

YAY! You be sure to hug Nancy extra tight; you haven't seen her in *weeks*.
And please give a scritch to Harri and your others from me

Jill

Old December 21st 04, 07:23 PM
Dan M

And until time to roll for Fairfield, we parked at the Flying J truck
stop in Ripon, CA. I'm splurging and paying for WiFI so I have
high-speed Internet access today. And right across the street from us is
a big orchard. We're just about to go over there for our first kitten
walk in four days. It's so nice to be back in decent temps again! Our
current (11 AM) temperature of 54 degrees is so much nicer than
sub-freezing.

Dan

Who can understand cats?

We havent' done a kitten walk in four days, so I figured Harri would be
really eager to walk again. I harnessed her up, took into the orchard
across the street, and carrier her almost a block down the road before
setting her down. What does she do as soon as I put her down? Head back
the way we came, lead me across the street to the truck stop, and jump
up on the running board of our truck. She didn't want to walk, she
wanted to stay in the truck!

Ah, well, the mysterys of kitties. I'm off to take a shower and ponder
the wonderful ways of cats.

Old December 21st 04, 07:27 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , Dan M
wrote:

I won't be making any money this week, but we will be getting home. We
finished delivering a load of dog biscuits in Tracy, CA (near Stockton)
about 9:00 this morning. Our next load doesn't pick up until noon
tomorrow in Fairfield (San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, not too far east
of Oakland), but it will get us home tomorrow night. Yeah! We get to
spend Wednesday night at home, and don't have to come back to work until
after Christmas!

Dan

There's something special about dog biscuits delivered by a feline
co-pilot.
Old December 21st 04, 07:27 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:53:49 -0800, Dan M yodeled:

[...]

Excellent! Don't forget your bikinis!

Theresa
Old December 21st 04, 07:37 PM
mlbriggs

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:23:29 -0800, Dan M wrote:

[...]

That was strange, strange territory. Who knows what evils lurk in all
those trees? MLB
Old December 21st 04, 07:42 PM
Julie Cook

Dan M wrote:

I won't be making any money this week, but we will be getting home. We
finished delivering a load of dog biscuits in Tracy, CA (near Stockton)
about 9:00 this morning. Our next load doesn't pick up until noon
tomorrow in Fairfield (San Francisco/Oakland East Bay, not too far east
of Oakland), but it will get us home tomorrow night. Yeah! We get to
spend Wednesday night at home, and don't have to come back to work until
after Christmas!

Yea! This is such good news. I know Nancy and the kitties will have a
much nicer Christmas with you home and you and Harri will as well.

Julie

Old December 21st 04, 09:36 PM
Dan M

Yay! Cody called us from Waco, TX today. I'm still glad he is driving *south*,
maybe he won't have snow/ice to deal with so bad. We have a Flying J in OKC
also.

Sherry

Glad to hear that! I'll keep my fingers crossed that he can stay out of
the ice and snow until he's a little more experience under his belt.

The Edwards (used to be an Edwards, now I guess it's a Pilot) just south
of Waco in Hewitt used to sell the best homemade tamales! That Flying J
in OKC is unfortunately one of the dirtiest ones in the chain. At least
it used to be - I've heard rumors that they have cleaned it up.

Dan
Old December 21st 04, 09:37 PM
Dan M

There's something special about dog biscuits delivered by a feline
co-pilot.

I was thinking that too! The times we've deliverd cat litter I haven't
told Harri about for fear she'd find a way to sneak into the trailer and
do some quality testing
Old December 21st 04, 09:55 PM
polonca12000

I'm so happy for you!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Dan M" wrote in message
I won't be making any money this week, but we will be getting home. snip

Purrrrss fur a sad Meowmie. Maui mite hafta find a noo home... Panda ov Toes Cat community 25 October 22nd 04 03:53 PM
Minnie gets a new home! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 5 August 4th 04 09:14 AM
Going "home" tomorrow Cheryl Cat rescue 9 November 25th 03 02:24 PM
Ceili Needs A Home Dee Cat rescue 5 September 17th 03 01:40 AM
possible temporary home needed for LA Maine Coone Debbie Trujillo Cat health & behaviour 8 August 14th 03 08:17 AM