The Comic Roadcat

Old April 22nd 05, 03:35 AM
Dan M

Default The Comic Roadcat

Another tiring day today. Snowville, UT to Hermiston, OR. Not along
drive, under 500 miles, but a fair amount of rain and the curves on
Cabbage Hill are always a challenge.

I've mentioned before hom Harri likes to nap in my arms while I drive.
Her favorite position is to take my right arm, put her head in my right
elbow, and sleep that way. I prefer, though, when she takes my left arm
and leaves my right arm free for headlight, engine brake, and cruise
control switches.

As a side note (which will tie in shortly), truckers have a traditional
"salute" of sorts. When you are passing another truck you glance into
the cab of the other truck and make a sort of half-wave as you pass.
Sort of a "hi, how are you" gesture. Now to tie that in to Harri:

When Harri decides to nap in my left arm, she spends a fair amount of
time sight-seeing out the driver's window. She will scoot herself a
little further along my arm than normal until she can hang her head over
my elbow and upside-downy-head out the window. I can tell she's doing
that because I can see her head moving a little as she watches things go by.

When another truck passes and the other driver waves, Harri will often
tilt her head a little to the side and reach for the window with both
front paws. The other driver, expecting to see a truck driver wave back,
is usually amazed to find an upside-down kitten in the window as well,
reaching out towards him. I've got an amazing number of laughs from
drivers who pass us.
Old April 22nd 05, 03:40 AM
CatNipped

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

Awwwww! I'd enjoy that more than the "toot" I get when I make the pulling
signal to truckers! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 22nd 05, 05:07 AM

When another truck passes and the other driver waves, Harri will

often
tilt her head a little to the side and reach for the window with both

front paws. The other driver, expecting to see a truck driver wave

back,
is usually amazed to find an upside-down kitten in the window as

well,
reaching out towards him. I've got an amazing number of laughs from
drivers who pass us.

That's just got to be the cutest thing I've ever heard of in my whole
life.
DS is trying to catch a wild cat at a truck stop in Denver. He had the
scratches on his arms to prove the story. If you happen to see a young,
6-foot, 200-pound Swiftie chasing a cat, meet my son.
I sure hope the streets to the Hopitus Habitat allow 18-wheelers.
(just joking, Hop)

Sherry

Old April 22nd 05, 05:35 AM
Hopitus

Funny you should say that, Sherry! I told Dan the other day I watched from
up here as a semi rocked its way out of "jackknife" position: it had made a
big mistake trying to turn into the 19th-century-narrow street lined with
parked cars on both sides. Traffic was backed up all the way to the main
drag at the top of my block: they all had to back up slowly and wait till he
rocked his way around
the parked vehicles nearest his cab side. I was in stitches
as no one could go anywhere till he extracted his rig from
that tight corner!Guess what I watched early this am? A
semi eased into my block - same corner, same parked cars - but it was around
7:30 am and no other traffic on
street - smooth and expertly missing all the metal in his
way, not to mention the news stands....I took a good look and as he rolled
by my apt. saw "Budweiser" on the trailer! I guess they unload @ all the
bars and restaurants
around my block. LOL.

ps.com...

Old April 22nd 05, 05:52 AM
mlbriggs

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 19:35:30 -0700, Dan M wrote:

[...]

Do you suppose she was a truck driver in a previous existence? MLB

Old April 22nd 05, 10:04 AM
wafflycat

"Dan M" wrote in message

When another truck passes and the other driver waves, Harri will often
tilt her head a little to the side and reach for the window with both
front paws. The other driver, expecting to see a truck driver wave back,
is usually amazed to find an upside-down kitten in the window as well,
reaching out towards him. I've got an amazing number of laughs from
drivers who pass us.

Seriously cute. On the cuteness scale at least a 15 out of 10 ;-)

Cheers, helen s

Old April 22nd 05, 03:42 PM
Dan M

That's just got to be the cutest thing I've ever heard of in my whole
life.
DS is trying to catch a wild cat at a truck stop in Denver. He had the
scratches on his arms to prove the story. If you happen to see a young,
6-foot, 200-pound Swiftie chasing a cat, meet my son.
I sure hope the streets to the Hopitus Habitat allow 18-wheelers.
(just joking, Hop)

Just curious, which truck stop? Did he mention whether it was the Sapp
Brothers, the Pilot, the Flying J, or the TA? I'm guessing maybe the
Sapp Brothers or the TA - they seem like the neighborhoods where he'd be
most likely to see a cat that lived nearby.

My purrs to him for a successful catch!

Dan
Old April 22nd 05, 04:08 PM
KittyLady

Dan maybe Harri is trying to tell you to go ahead and get driving for
yourself. Just imagine Dan & Harri's Trucking Service!
Harri's stories are so cute they make me squel.
Skritches,
KittyLady

Old April 23rd 05, 05:17 AM
Marina

Dan M wrote:
snip

When another truck passes and the other driver waves, Harri will often
tilt her head a little to the side and reach for the window with both
front paws. The other driver, expecting to see a truck driver wave back,
is usually amazed to find an upside-down kitten in the window as well,
reaching out towards him. I've got an amazing number of laughs from
drivers who pass us.

LOL! Aw, so cute.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and introducing: Mere!