Late Cards?

Old December 28th 06, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Late Cards?

Seems like quite a few folks on the card list posted here that they were
late sending them. Now three days after Christmas not one additional card
has arrived since last week. I was sort of expecting a pile to arrive on
Tuesday from what I gathered reading here!

Old December 28th 06, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

I have really loved all the cards that have come. And I will get cards out.
But at the rate things are going here I'm not sure if they will be happy new
year or be my valentine.

The camera is still gone. And that really galls me because I'm quite sure
one of the grandkids stole it. Just thinking that upsets me. But I'm not
thinking it without good reason. And the camera isn't all that is missing.
I'll get another one like it probably. But if I can't leave it out where I
can use it when there is something cute or interesting going on, it takes
away a lot of the pleasure of having it.

Only hope of finding it right now is the chance it will show up while we are
putting away the Christmas Decorations.

Jo

et...

Old December 28th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Pat kirjoitti:
Seems like quite a few folks on the card list posted here that they were
late sending them. Now three days after Christmas not one additional card
has arrived since last week. I was sort of expecting a pile to arrive on
Tuesday from what I gathered reading here!

I got three cards today. And as I've understood, some haven't yet sent
theirs. But that's OK by me, as I know I'll still be getting more cards
eventually. I love getting mail.

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old December 28th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Christine K. wrote:
Pat kirjoitti:
Seems like quite a few folks on the card list posted here that they
were late sending them. Now three days after Christmas not one
additional card has arrived since last week. I was sort of expecting
a pile to arrive on Tuesday from what I gathered reading here!

I got three cards today. And as I've understood, some haven't yet sent
theirs. But that's OK by me, as I know I'll still be getting more
cards eventually. I love getting mail.

There is something satisfying about getting real snail mail (as long as it's
not a bill or an ad). :~)

kili

Old December 28th 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Christine K." wrote

I got three cards today. And as I've understood, some haven't yet sent
theirs. But that's OK by me, as I know I'll still be getting more cards
eventually. I love getting mail.

I don't mind waiting, either. Like someone said, it just extends the holiday
season. I wonder if the post office is goofed up though.

Did my card arrive to you yet Christine?

Old December 28th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

Well, it will be a post surgery activing for me! I go in tomorrow. It's one
of the things I can do that doesn't require lifting anything heavy or
driving!

et...

Old December 28th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

Oh dear that's very disappointing Jo. As it's not the kind of thing you can
bring up unless the parents are aware and trying to work on the fact that
someone has sticky fingers. Maybe you could mention loudly when the parents
of the one you suspect is over how worried you are that your camera has
gone. I hope his/her parents start doing something. Just don't leave them on
their own with your stuff. I hope you get it back.
"Jo Firey" wrote in message
news
I have really loved all the cards that have come. And I will get cards
out. But at the rate things are going here I'm not sure if they will be
happy new year or be my valentine.

The camera is still gone. And that really galls me because I'm quite sure
one of the grandkids stole it. Just thinking that upsets me. But I'm not
thinking it without good reason. And the camera isn't all that is
missing. I'll get another one like it probably. But if I can't leave it
out where I can use it when there is something cute or interesting going
on, it takes away a lot of the pleasure of having it.

Only hope of finding it right now is the chance it will show up while we
are putting away the Christmas Decorations.

Jo

et...

Old December 29th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"meeee" wrote in message
Oh dear that's very disappointing Jo. As it's not the kind of thing you
can bring up unless the parents are aware and trying to work on the fact
that someone has sticky fingers. Maybe you could mention loudly when the
parents of the one you suspect is over how worried you are that your
camera has gone. I hope his/her parents start doing something. Just don't
leave them on their own with your stuff. I hope you get it back.

Unfortunately, the parent is well aware of the situation and helpless with
it. The "child" lives with us most of the time. Which is slightly better
for him but not much. He is seventeen, doesn't have a prayer of graduating
with his class, but we are all trying to keep him in school as much as
possible. Grandpa and I disagree to some degree with how to deal with the
problem which just adds to the stress. I think thats why I mentioned it
here. I just feel so overwhelmed by the problems.

Jo

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
news
I have really loved all the cards that have come. And I will get cards
out. But at the rate things are going here I'm not sure if they will be
happy new year or be my valentine.

The camera is still gone. And that really galls me because I'm quite
sure one of the grandkids stole it. Just thinking that upsets me. But
I'm not thinking it without good reason. And the camera isn't all that
is missing. I'll get another one like it probably. But if I can't leave
it out where I can use it when there is something cute or interesting
going on, it takes away a lot of the pleasure of having it.

Only hope of finding it right now is the chance it will show up while we
are putting away the Christmas Decorations.

Jo

et...

Old December 29th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
meeee

"Jo Firey" wrote in message
et...

"meeee" wrote in message
[...]

Oh dear that's very difficult. Can you get some help with how to handle him?
Is there a helpline or Lifeline where you are? Mum used to ring them all the
time when we were teenagers Good luck with the situation, I'm sure he
will remember and appreciate your love for him when he's older.

Old December 29th 06, 06:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Pat wrote:
Seems like quite a few folks on the card list posted here that they were
late sending them. Now three days after Christmas not one additional card
has arrived since last week. I was sort of expecting a pile to arrive on
Tuesday from what I gathered reading here!

I've received several this week.

More cards will be late Dan M Cat anecdotes 3 December 23rd 06 05:50 PM
Cards will be late Yowie Cat anecdotes 3 December 20th 06 12:25 PM
Christmas cards are going to be very late :( Karen AKA Kajikit Cat anecdotes 18 December 6th 06 05:43 AM
Late Christmas Cards Charleen Welton Cat anecdotes 7 December 31st 05 07:10 AM
Tarot cards Yowie Cat anecdotes 7 December 14th 05 09:19 PM