Totally Random

Old March 12th 06, 11:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Totally Random

I came to lurk and ended up ranting, which was not my intention. Maybe
I should mention the cats. ;-)

RL has buried me in work, but of course that means I get to spend more
time with the office cat(s). Ozzy the Lawcat is my very excellent
helper, as always; he's recently taken to jumping on my desk and
skidding stacks of files (and his fat orange self) right over the edge.
And there are so many dirty little pawprints on my calendar it's
getting hard to read.

Honorary Lawcat Tigger is an orange stripey cutie pie, who is very
sweet but is always *much* too busy to be affectionate. He likes to
help me file, peering in all the drawers. Tigger has turned into a
total niphead. He'll spend the entire afternoon rolling and wallowing
and snorting and sneezing in a big ole pile of catnip, then he'll swipe
a mousie and carry it back to his house. I feel bad about contributing
to the delinquency of the neighbor cat.

We now have Honorary Lawkitten Smokey around the place as well; he
belongs to another neighbor, and is a black longhaired little fella,
about 9 months old. He also likes to leap on my desk, but instead of
knocking files off he likes to lounge and chew on them.

Naturally, all three of the cats like to wrestle in the lobby, with
loud thuds on the hardwood floor, while DH is trying to talk to
clients.

Lula and Hubie are their same adorable selves; meowmie's little
miracles. Spring has definitely sprung here (88 F tomorrow!) and the
rabbits are out in force, keeping things lively on the kitty tv, a/k/a
the living room window. When Hubert starts mrrping and running up and
down the windowsill behind the curtain I know there's a rabbit right
outside, making a snack of my gerbera daisies.

When Hubie is very interested in something, like the rabbits or the
possum that regularly comes to eat the cat food I put out for strays,
he sits up like a meerkat for minutes at a time, bobbing his little
stripey head for a better view.

DH and I are finally breaking down and buying a bigger house, and I
don't know how Lula and Hubie are going to take it. I think they'll
love the new house once they get used to it; there'll be lots more
running room, including stairs to dash up and down and up and down, and
best of all there's a screened porch, which I anticipate having to drag
them out of on a daily basis. We're so busy that it'll take a while to
squeeze in moving, so we'll be gradually shifting furniture and things,
so the new house should have plenty of time to smell like "home" to the
kitties before we move them in. And we'll have time to positively
saturate the place in Feliway. I hope the adjustment will be easy for
them.

Lula and Hubie and Ozzy and Tigger and Smokey all send out purrs for
the rpca'ers, even though they're not posted. I lurk when I can and
let the kitties know where purrs are needed, and the mothership does
the rest. I miss you guys!

------
Krista

Old March 12th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"Krista" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

very nice to hear from you !!! Good luck buying anew house, and hopefully
the stress will lessen a bit soon. I love the story about the rabbits too!

Old March 12th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Krista wrote:

Lula and Hubie and Ozzy and Tigger and Smokey all send out purrs for
the rpca'ers, even though they're not posted. I lurk when I can and
let the kitties know where purrs are needed, and the mothership does
the rest. I miss you guys!

We miss you too, Krista! So nice to hear from you. Purrs that you'll be
able to drop in more frequently, though it sounds like you are very busy
with work and the move and all. Purrs for everything to go well! And a
Boop for the Hube!

marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old March 12th 06, 08:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Concats on the new house, Krista. It sounds like a lotta work, but worth
it. I'm glad to read an update on Lula and Hube. I was telling Rob the
other day that I hadn't read anything about them for a while. Glad to know
that the office managers are doing well too. I'm glad that they have your
offices to use as the Kit Kat Club Please continue to keep us in the loop.
Purrs for an easy transition to the new house, and that you sell the old one
without problems.

Funny note. It seems that our house has increased over $10,000 in value
just by time and living in a fast growing area. Not that we plan on any
equity loans, but it's nice to know that it is growing in value.

Pam S. hoping for the best for Krista, and the whole RPCA family.

oups.com...

Old March 13th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Krista wrote:
[...]

Great to see you again, Krista! Congratulations on the new house.
Skritches from here to the furry ones.

--
Sam, closely supervised by Mistletoe

Old March 14th 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Krista wrote:

I came to lurk and ended up ranting, which was not my intention. Maybe
I should mention the cats. ;-)

RL has buried me in work, but of course that means I get to spend more
time with the office cat(s). snip
[...]

Thanks for the update, Krista! Congrats on the new house, I'm sure your
kitties will love the extra space.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek