Too hot today

Old March 13th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Too hot today

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
I remember those I think I have one around here buried under the rubble of
old age like my self

But do you remember how to use it?

Jo

"W. Leong" wrote in message

"Matthew AKA NMR ( NO MORE RETAIL )" 10 points a troll
@linethetrollsup.com wrote in message
I remember those days you can have them no calculators allowed had to do
it all by hand Trig and Calc. one problem could take 5 sheets of paper.
I am glad I graduated years ago and got my degrees early in life. I
salute these younger ones doing it between school, work, a life, family
and trying to make it in the expensive world. I say I am proud of them

Ask a typical high schooler to do a math problem with out a calculator.

Calculators?! When I was in college, we used slide rules. Now you
probably
have to go to museums to find them. Yes, I know, I am ancient.

Winnie

Old March 13th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

ohhh you are going to get it
what what was I talking about
Who are you you look familiar do I know you

Yes I remember what happened last year what did I have for breakfast I don't
know
Bring on the gerital I think I am having an old fart moment

Thank god for the internet http://www.raft.net/ideas/Slide%20Rule.pdf

what were we talking about and who are you :-)

Old March 14th 06, 10:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Mark Edwards wrote:

I'm lounging around, reading ebooks (Honor Harrington) and newsgroups
(RPCA of course!).

It is unbearably hot because the apartment complex hasn't turned on
the A/C yet. So I've got a big glass full of ice and Diet Coke sitting
within arm's reach, and a gel cold-pak for occasional use to cool off.

Little Boy sort of moseys on over, and I can see the interest in his
eyes. I try to watch out of the corner of my eye.

He gently touches the cold-pak, and pulls his paw back right away.
Then he pats it a couple times. Finally, he lays down and rubs his
face on it.

Next, I see him staring at my glass. So I reach over and hold it so
he can check it out without knocking it over.

Well, he doesn't want that. Everything was just fine before I told
him it was okay. He wanted to be mischievous, by golly!

He stomps off, but not before he slaps the cold-pak.

Note: As soon as he realized I wasn't "supervising" he came back over
and laid his head on the cold-pak. Poor baby! I guess I need another
one - this one is his.

Also, Dulce Mae has curled her tail around my glass...

Hugs and Purrs

What a lovely update, Mark! And if it's any consolation, it's still
quite cold here and we would like it to be at least a bit warmer.
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek

Old March 15th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"W. Leong" wrote in message

Calculators?! When I was in college, we used slide rules. Now you probably
have to go to museums to find them. Yes, I know, I am ancient.

Winnie

I found slide rules (aka slipsticks) at the local School Tools. I'd rather
use calculators. I kid you not, the last problem in my test had 3 digit
division and three variables. The teacher would not let us use a
calculator, because he forgot to tell the previous class that they could use
calculators. I spent almost 30 minutes on that problem alone. The other
three took only ten minutes to do. ACK. I think I'm losing that 4.0
average I was soo proud of.

Pam S.