Poor Dulce Mae

Old March 14th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Poor Dulce Mae

Mark Edwards wrote

This morning I was getting dressed to go run my morning errands. This
involved getting my socks out of the dresser drawer.

Dulce Mae was on top of the dresser, helping me select a pair of
socks, and I was not paying attention.

I closed the drawer on her paw.

She started screaming and yowling at me, pulled her paw out of the
drawer, and walked away to the other end of the dresser.

Oh my gosh! I hurt my baby! I picked her up, cradled her in my arms,
apologized profusely, and kissed BOTH her front paws (which she
conveniently held up to be kissed - hmmm).

Well she forgave me right away, as I had made extreme speed with the
apologies. She cuddle up against me, helped me tie my shoes, kicked my
belt into submission (thankfully before I put it on), and purred for
me.

A little later, I noticed that she was limping a little bit, which
worried me. Until I caught her walking normally, when she thought I
wasn't watching her. Little minx!

But that's okay, I'll go ahead and spoil her, as that seems to be what
she likes (big grin).

Many years ago someone posted here about the day their absent-mindedly
stepped back and trod on their kitty. A loud yowl followed by much
saying sorry, hugs and so on.

In the next few weeks she seemed to step on her kitty more and mo
every time she stepped backwards there was a yowl, and the hugs routine
followed.

One day she tried stepping backwards and immediately spun round. The
kitty, a full 18 inches away, was caught giving a loud plaintive
howl!!!!!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Old March 14th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Ha, ha, ha, that is too funny. My three funny ones are conferring to see
which of them will be the first to try this trick.
--
Charleen
Mr. Pumpkin

Old March 14th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

I never heard that one! ROFL!!!

Old March 14th 06, 05:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"David Stevenson" wrote in message

Many years ago someone posted here about the day their absent-mindedly
stepped back and trod on their kitty. A loud yowl followed by much saying
sorry, hugs and so on.

In the next few weeks she seemed to step on her kitty more and mo
every time she stepped backwards there was a yowl, and the hugs routine
followed.

One day she tried stepping backwards and immediately spun round. The
kitty, a full 18 inches away, was caught giving a loud plaintive howl!!!!!

--
David Stevenson Storypage: http://blakjak.com/sty_menu.htm
Liverpool, England, UK Emails welcome
Nanki Poo: SI O+W B 12 Y L+ W++ C+ I T+ A- E H++ V- F Q P+ B+ PA+ PL SC
Minke: SI W+Cp B 3 Y L W+ C++ I T A- E H++ V++ F- Q- P B PA+ PL+ SC-

That is hilarious -- the best one yet. Animals are much more intelligent
than some people realize.

MaryL

Old March 14th 06, 06:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

"David Stevenson" wrote in message

Many years ago someone posted here about the day their absent-mindedly
stepped back and trod on their kitty. A loud yowl followed by much saying
sorry, hugs and so on.

In the next few weeks she seemed to step on her kitty more and mo
every time she stepped backwards there was a yowl, and the hugs routine
followed.

One day she tried stepping backwards and immediately spun round. The
kitty, a full 18 inches away, was caught giving a loud plaintive howl!!!!!

Recently I stepped backward and got a bite on my ankle. I must have stepped
on Rusty. He likes to sit under the rocking chair. One time I was on the
rocking
chair and almost jumped out of the chair with his yell.
Now I am very careful to check under the rocking chair first.

Winnie

Old March 14th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

[...]

That is a good one!! Smart little thing! Oh, and by the way, have you
deleted Australia from the maps yet after our horribly offensive ad???