Bad Neighbors & Morganna Update

Old October 3rd 04, 07:13 AM
LOL

wrote in message ...
LOL wrote;
Meagan didn't exactly slam me, but she
wrote a very accusatory-sounding post
about my putting my RB Mikey on valium
before his hyper-t was diagnosed and we
were still trying to find out what was
bothering my boy.

There is nothing I despise more than a liar that revises history and
that is exactly what you have done, as has Magic Mood Jeep. I guess it's
ok for you though, because since all your "friends" are bashing me you
want to join in on the fun even if you have to distort the truth. I did
nothing of the sort, and for all the criticism you want to heap on me
for expressing outrage at the neglecting of the welfare of a kitten
(apparently in this group that's a bad thing), what you and others here
are doing is much worse. Here is a link to my post:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e....bay.webtv.net

I did not "accuse" you of anything and only questioned the effectiveness
of such a small dose. I also suggested something else you could try with
a caveat about taking the cat off of it if it didn't work. I said
absolutely nothing concerning the fact that you had put your cat on
medication.

In fact, your response to me said in part, and this is a direct quote,
"I do appreciate your input and would *very much* appreciate any
suggestions you might have."

Megan

It seemed accusatory in tone to me; maybe it's because you'd said that
you'd "never consider" what we were doing. That was my perception,
though it may not have been your intention. I posted to this thread
without going back and re-reading those old posts (I am not going to
re-read that thread now, either, because I am not ready to read old
posts about my Mikey, who I miss terribly). I did follow your link,
however, and though what you'd written doesn't particularly bother me
now, it did at the time; I was already worried and upset, and it
struck me entirely the wrong way, I suppose. You can call it lying; I
would have to call it different points of view.

And though your post did seem accusatory to me, you're right; I did
respond asking for any suggestions. I don't remember getting any,
though.

------
Krista

Old October 3rd 04, 07:58 AM
LOL

John F. Eldredge wrote in message . ..

I was rated as an ISTP, "Engineer", and it certainly fits. And, yes,
I qualify as a computer geek.

I just took the test and it said I was ISTP too, though I don't think
it fits me so much. An engineer I'm not. Computer geek neither. ;-)

------
Krista

Old October 3rd 04, 10:08 AM

Yowie wrote:

as you get older you can find yourself more easily using the
opposite traits. Also, when stressed out or under pressure, your
"secondary" characteristics come out, so I abhore lists ( a classic
P) but if I"m stressed out, tired etc, I'll start being very literal
"S" and start organising stuff "J", and also start being more
assertive "E".

That's interesting. I've noticed that, too. When I'm feeling good, happy,
relaxed, fulfilled, etc, I tend to be extraverted (E), intuitive (N),
feeling (F), and "judging" (ie, a planner - why is that called judging?) -
so ENFJ. When under stress, I definitely become introverted, more S-like
(because I find the "big picture" a bit overwhelming and prefer to focus
on concrete specifics, preferably one at a time!). And I definitely become
a P - less able to make commitments or decisions, do effective time
management or keep my stuff in order. You can tell when I'm stressed - I
withdraw and can't get anything done. The only thing that doesn't
change at all is my F designation, which is very strong under all known
conditions. It's probably the only one of the 4 scales that I haven't
wavered on at all.

I'm very drawn to other NF's. We're people who love ideas and abstractions,
but we love them especially when they're about people and feelings. We're
introspective types who like to analyze our feelings, relationships,
emotional or spiritual journeys, and so on.

Joyce

Old October 3rd 04, 10:17 AM

All this MBTI talk reminds me of a story a friend told me - definitely
one of those "most embarrassing moments" in her life.

She had just transferred to a new department at work, and was meeting
her new boss for the first time. At some point during their conversation,
the subject of Myers-Briggs came up, and she was talking about how she
struggled to keep herself organized, being a P. And somehow, she ended
up saying something like, "...and I guess that's because of my P-ness."

Pause

Oops

"Um... I guess that didn't come out right...." And they concluded the
meeting soon after.

I still tease her about it occasionally. And I also tell her that,
given that her boss is a man, at least she didn't say, "I guess that's
because of YOUR P-ness" !!

Joyce

Old October 4th 04, 02:29 AM
MaryL

wrote in message
[...]

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

I did follow the link after I saw this exchange of information. The message
was very short, nonaccusatory, and did not discuss Mikey except to offer
information about Valium. Here is Megan's message (in its entirety):

I'm not sure why your vet feels 1/8 of the dose of Valium would be
effective. There are also concerns as in some cats valium can cause
*irreversible* liver failure. With so many other medications available I
would never consider using valium as a first try. Prozac is probably
your best bet as a first try as it has a relatively high safety margin
and has had no known side effects reported in cats. If it does not work,
however, it is a medication that the cat needs to be weaned off slowly
over a few weeks time. HTH.