ghost rap

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 4th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue,rec.pets.cats.the.other.white.meat,rec.pets.catshealth,rec.pets.catsrec.pets.cats.rescue,alt.usenet.legends.lester-mosley
marika

Default ghost rap

Roanoke Music update

===============
Greetings from beautiful Roanoke, Virginia! At this writing, Summer's
here in full force, and it looks and feels like it. And I'm glad. Like
the song says, I'd much rather sweat than shiver. 'Sides, there's this
real inviting, big blue wet thing out in the back yard beckoning
whenever I get hot. Or when I get up. Or when I just want to be around
some pretty stuff, like flowers. See the pics, if you like, at:
http://billpaynemusic.net/photos-group-32.html

I've had a hard time lately with kidney problems plaguing my days.
I've had numerous symptoms and numerous treatments that include
cystoscopy and lithotripsy, and I'm supposed to be passing fragments
at this pont. Unfortunately, that's just not happening, so I'll
continue with medical care that has taken me from debt-free to
somewhere around $30,000 in the tank in less than 2 months. Don't even
bring up the subject of insurance to me - that's just profanity in my
world. I've applied for assistance, which is proving to help a little,
but there's still a lot to pursue in that area. Meanwhile, I'll be
looking for a part-time job to supplement the income from my business
and from my performing songwriter activities as soon as I'm able to
take on another job without suffering the debilitating effects of this
kidney condition.

What's been happening since the last newsletter in April? The
highlight for me was when my trio, WOODY played at the main
amphitheater stage at Roanoke's Festival In The Park. We had a great
set and a terrific audience that hung in there until the end, when the
sky opened up. Of course, they blamed us for the rain because we had
just played Al Coffey's song, "God Laughs" a few songs from the end.
There are some pictures you can check out at:
http://billpaynemusic.net/photos-group-31.html

I played at the North Chatt Cat in Chattanooga in April, and it was a
great evening out on their patio. Thanks to my brother, Bob, for the
arrangements.

The following night, I played at the New Knoxville Brewing Co.,
helping out with a benefit for my friends, Red and Plebian, who were
burned out of their home in February.

May brought the Shenandoah River Musicfest, hosted by Pops Walker in
Luray, Va. I was also honored to run sound for the main event (the
mixer is always the "hot seat") and enjoyed some truly great music
from some great performers. Visit Pops at:
http://popswalker.com/

Also in May, I played at a benefit for the League For Animal
Protection in Fincastle, Va. A fun day and a good cause.

The deck at Three Li'l Pigs in Daleville, Va. was the scene of my
first gig of the season there. I was joined by Denny Brooms, who is a
friend and a terrific songwriter. We were blessed with nice weather
and a responsive audience. I look forward to 3 more upcoming dates
this year at the "Pig". And Denny is scheduled for his 3rd appearance
at the Bluebird Cafe in September. Yay!

One event I look forward to every year is the Nashville Songwriters
Festival. I've been to all but the first one - and this year's, too. I
missed it primarily because I've been a sick puppy for about a month.
Kidney problems back to haunt me again. I hope to have that fixed
soon. Visit the NSF at:
http://www.songwritersfestival.com/

Another disappointment is the cancellation of Al's open mic at Chip
'N Jo's in Salem on Tuesday nights. Lack of interest. Don't let me
hear you bitchin' there's no place to try out new stuff. Besides, Al
also runs Roanoke's best open mic at the Green Dolphin Grille in
Roanoke on Thursday nights. 127 Campbell Ave., near Williamson Road
and the Market.

On the high side, My bud, Neanderpaul has done some very creative
things on YouTube. He has a new video there of the Beatle song, "Penny
Lane". Check it out at:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fU0w_6NLgcU

Friday, November 30, 2007

By JIM FITZGERALD
ASSOCIATED PRESS

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Federal prosecutors said Thursday that the judge
in
the case against former New York City Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik
should consider disqualifying Kerik's lawyer.

The prosecutors said attorney Kenneth Breen could be called as a witness
and
therefore has a potential conflict of interest. Breen appeared with
Kerik
when he was indicted this month on 16 wide-ranging counts including
accusations of lying to the White House, filing false income tax
returns,
tampering with witnesses and avoiding the nanny tax.

Kerik made admissions to Breen that constituted obstruction of justice
and
were therefore not covered by the attorney-client privilege, prosecutors
said.

In a 12-page letter, U.S. Attorney Michael Gar- cia asked Judge Stephen
Robinson to appoint a new lawyer who would advise Kerik about Breen's
potential conflicts of interest and to consider disqualifying Breen.

. Miss World 2007

http://unterhaltung.t-online.de/c/13...1082,tid=t.jpg

The first Chinese Miss World is Zhang Zilin from Beijing...
http://unterhaltung.t-online.de/c/13.../13589698.html [diverse
galleries included].

. 1001 Nights

Here's an "exotic" gallery of Lambertz:
http://unterhaltung.t-online.de/c/13.../13571580.html
[13 artful photos]

. History of Streaking

Photo gallery: www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/0,5538,26872,00.html

Is this art or fun - or both?
Or what could it be 'named'?

yeah maybe
it's just harmless fun,
I had a friend from Roanoke who had streaked on every single East coast
campus at one of their football games. He's a professional, a lawyer,
but I
don't think he'd call it art. He's a poet too, so I think he calls his
poetry art. but not his streaking

of course you have followed the Putin and Russian election issue

mk5000

"]Some fathers don't have time for their kids,
But for you I'm never a bother.

You always make the effort to listen and share;
You're always there when you're needed."-always there for your daughter,
joanna fuchs

Ghost Hunters Mischief Cat anecdotes 4 October 9th 07 03:51 AM
Ghost Stories jmcquown Cat anecdotes 0 November 1st 05 12:05 AM
My Ghost Cat Debra Cat anecdotes 7 July 20th 05 08:40 PM
Ghost at my shoulder Norm Cat anecdotes 42 June 5th 04 05:45 PM
Ghost Cat [email protected] Cat anecdotes 4 October 28th 03 09:32 PM