Her first proper hiss

Old August 7th 12, 09:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Her first proper hiss

We have scaffolding up and have done for 3 weeks the landlord is supposed to be painting the window sills etc but so far we've seen a painter once

Today Dave was shall we say firmly enconsed on the "throne" when he heard somebody on the scaffolding and as it was 6.15 he thought "Surely not a workman" and when he went into the kitchen there was someone on the scaffolding trying to open the kitchen window- as that window is locked (after what Dunzi did when we had scaffolding up-while it's up all our windows are locked down) the guy then bent down and appeared to be trying to dislodge a plank from the scaffolding presumably to smash the window in. At this point Bonnie our little genteel demure and shy gannet ran to the window and let forth her first serious and proper hiss! We think she thought he might steal her food dish!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old August 7th 12, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley wrote:
[...]

Good for Bonnie, she saved you from the burglar.
--
Adrian
Old August 8th 12, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Lesley wrote:

We have scaffolding up and have done for 3 weeks the landlord is supposed to be painting the window sills etc but so far we've seen a painter once

Today Dave was shall we say firmly enconsed on the "throne" when he heard somebody on the scaffolding and as it was 6.15 he thought "Surely not a workman" and when he went into the kitchen there was someone on the scaffolding trying to open the kitchen window- as that window is locked (after what Dunzi did when we had scaffolding up-while it's up all our windows are locked down) the guy then bent down and appeared to be trying to dislodge a plank from the scaffolding presumably to smash the window in. At this point Bonnie our little genteel demure and shy gannet ran to the window and let forth her first serious and proper hiss! We think she thought he might steal her food dish!

What a good girl! You have a Guard Cat.

What happened when the burglar saw Dave? Or did he?

--
Joyce

There is no alternative to being yourself.
Old August 8th 12, 09:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 8, 1:43*am, Bastette wrote:
What happened when the burglar saw Dave? Or did he?

He saw him and ran down the ladder- Dave says he heard a crash and
rather hopes he fell off the scaffolding

Old August 8th 12, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 8/8/2012 4:28 AM, Lesley wrote:
On Aug 8, 1:43 am, Bastette wrote:
What happened when the burglar saw Dave? Or did he?

He saw him and ran down the ladder- Dave says he heard a crash and
rather hopes he fell off the scaffolding

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I would definitely report this to (a) the local authorities and (b) the
landlord to let them know that THEM leaving the scaffolding up when not
in use is endangering YOU (and also that you did report this to the
authorities, and that THEY (the landlords) may be liable if anything
were to happen (say like a kid playing on the scaffolding and falling
and getting injured - and then the parents pursue a lawsuit against the
landlord for leaving the (virtually unused) scaffolding up)!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old August 8th 12, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/8/2012 9:20 AM, Magic Mood Jeep wrote:
On 8/8/2012 4:28 AM, Lesley wrote:
On Aug 8, 1:43 am, Bastette wrote:
What happened when the burglar saw Dave? Or did he?

He saw him and ran down the ladder- Dave says he heard a crash and
rather hopes he fell off the scaffolding

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I would definitely report this to (a) the local authorities and (b) the
landlord to let them know that THEM leaving the scaffolding up when not
in use is endangering YOU (and also that you did report this to the
authorities, and that THEY (the landlords) may be liable if anything
were to happen (say like a kid playing on the scaffolding and falling
and getting injured - and then the parents pursue a lawsuit against the
landlord for leaving the (virtually unused) scaffolding up)!

I agree with reporting this to both the authorities and the landlord.
Hopefully Lesley did so.

Jill
Old August 8th 12, 10:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Lesley" wrote in message
We have scaffolding up and have done for 3 weeks the landlord is supposed to
be painting the window sills etc but so far we've seen a painter once

Today Dave was shall we say firmly enconsed on the "throne" when he heard
somebody on the scaffolding and as it was 6.15 he thought "Surely not a
workman" and when he went into the kitchen there was someone on the
scaffolding trying to open the kitchen window- as that window is locked
(after what Dunzi did when we had scaffolding up-while it's up all our
windows are locked down) the guy then bent down and appeared to be trying to
dislodge a plank from the scaffolding presumably to smash the window in. At
this point Bonnie our little genteel demure and shy gannet ran to the window
and let forth her first serious and proper hiss! We think she thought he
might steal her food dish!

-----------

You seem so nonchalant about the fact that someone was trying to break into
your home at 6.15 in the morning. Did you call the police immediately?
What happened about it?

Tweed

Old August 9th 12, 09:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Aug 8, 10:49*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

You seem so nonchalant about the fact that someone was trying to break into
your home at 6.15 in the morning. *Did you call the police immediately?
What happened about it?

It was 6.15 in the evening sorry if that wasn't clear, Dave is not up
at 6.15 in the morning unless he has to be. Our local police said
there was nothing they could do as no crime had actually been
committed (remember these are the same police who went our neighbour
reported two men were repeatedly seen in our hallway and could we have
a crime number to give to our landlord who would then replace the
front door lock as these people had keys they shouldn't have said no
crime was committed so we couldn't have a crime number (my cousin is
an ex-copper and told me that if they issue a crime number just for
insurance purposes then it ends up sitting on the system as an
unsolved crime and reflects badly on their figures- this obsession
with targets etc being one of the reasons he left the force) and if
they were injured in our hallway then in theory we'd be liable or they
could sue the landlord for damages). I've left my digital camera on
the kitchen bench so if he comes again Dave can get photograpahic
evidence and we've notified the landlord and asked that the
scaffolding either be netted at night or ladders taken away but
whether they'll do anythng i don't know

Old August 9th 12, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

[...]

-------
Blimey, what a bunch! Attempting to break into someone's house sounds like
a crime to me..

Tweed

Old August 9th 12, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

It is a crime in the US but proving it can be tough.

Reds' Strange Hiss Blash Cat community 1 October 12th 10 05:09 PM
Reds' Strange Hiss Shylock Cat health & behaviour 0 October 12th 10 02:47 PM
Hiss at Uncl Bill Will in New Haven Cat community 11 March 21st 09 04:28 AM
Hiss atta Uncl Bill Will in New Haven Cat community 3 November 26th 07 04:14 AM
two year old starting to hiss Ditch Cat health & behaviour 4 August 14th 03 06:30 AM