Another Vet Visit for Persia

Old August 10th 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Another Vet Visit for Persia

The vet tech called. The vet is coming back tomorrow to draw more blood
and urine so they can do further tests. It's possible there is an
[additional issue] with her pancreas. Or it's possible the kidney
failure is more advanced than they originally thought.

It costs quite a bit for house calls. But even before Persia was sick,
just putting her in the carrier for a checkup made her vomit. (Stress,
because she knows she was not going to a fun place.) It's easier on
Persia if they come here.

So the vet will be here between Noon and 12:30 tomorrow. Anyway, I
should know more after they run more tests. Meanwhile, she is eating FF
and not vomiting. She's still drinking lots of water. I can tell she
would *like* to eat the k/d kibble. It just doesn't agree with her.

Thank you for the continued purrs.

Jill
Old August 10th 12, 10:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
The vet tech called. The vet is coming back tomorrow to draw more blood
and urine so they can do further tests. It's possible there is an
[additional issue] with her pancreas. Or it's possible the kidney failure
is more advanced than they originally thought.

It costs quite a bit for house calls. But even before Persia was sick,
just putting her in the carrier for a checkup made her vomit. (Stress,
because she knows she was not going to a fun place.) It's easier on
Persia if they come here.

So the vet will be here between Noon and 12:30 tomorrow. Anyway, I should
know more after they run more tests. Meanwhile, she is eating FF and not
vomiting. She's still drinking lots of water. I can tell she would
*like* to eat the k/d kibble. It just doesn't agree with her.

Thank you for the continued purrs.

Jill

If it does turn out that she has more problems than you thought, it seems to
me it's all the more important to do things the way she wants, as long as
that keeps her happy and comfortable.

Hugs and purrs,

Joy

Old August 11th 12, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/10/2012 5:44 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

That's the way I feel about it, too, Joy. As long as she's comfortable
and happy... AND EATING, that's what I want for her. It would be great
if she could eat this specific food. But if she can't, she can't.

Others have mentioned possible allergies to some of the ingredients.
The dry Hill's k/d ingredients *do* start off with:"brewer's rice and
corn gluten meal." But she never had a problem with these ingredients
in the c/d kibble she ate previously.

The ingredients list for the canned k/d are much more promising: "Water,
Pork Liver, Chicken, Pork By-Products, Brewers Rice, Oat Fiber, Corn
Starch..."

I just hope I can get her to eat whatever is best and still keeps her
with me for a long time.

Jill
Old August 11th 12, 07:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
On 8/10/2012 5:44 PM, Joy wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, I hope so too.

Joy

Old August 11th 12, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Purrs for Persia

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old August 12th 12, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
The vet tech called. The vet is coming back tomorrow to draw more blood
and urine so they can do further tests. It's possible there is an
[additional issue] with her pancreas. Or it's possible the kidney failure
is more advanced than they originally thought.

It costs quite a bit for house calls. But even before Persia was sick,
just putting her in the carrier for a checkup made her vomit. (Stress,
because she knows she was not going to a fun place.) It's easier on
Persia if they come here.

So the vet will be here between Noon and 12:30 tomorrow. Anyway, I should
know more after they run more tests. Meanwhile, she is eating FF and not
vomiting. She's still drinking lots of water. I can tell she would
*like* to eat the k/d kibble. It just doesn't agree with her.

Thank you for the continued purrs.

Continued purrs for Persia. Drinking a lot of water suggests her kidneys
are not the best tbh.
I kept KFC alive for a long time with her kidney failure, but looking back,
I probably should have let her go earlier.
Not suggesting you should do this at all, Persia has has a way to go yet.
Tweed

Old August 12th 12, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Persia has always been a fiend for water. She was only 2 or 3 when she
came to live with me. She stuck her head under the running faucet to
take a drink while I was brushing my teeth.

She's eating the canned R/x food mixed with FF. She's nibbling on the
kibble.

Jill
Old August 14th 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Please know that we are purring and praying for Persia.

Boyfie never seems to drink. He has a bowl of fresh water every day and
never touches it. I don't know why.
Kitty FC never drank either until she got into trouble with her kidneys.
Maybe the wet food they have/had gave them the hydration they needed?

Old August 14th 12, 08:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

I have never seen Amber drink. Tiger drank about a month ago when he
had the infection. They both eat canned food that I add water to.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 14th 12, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Please know that we are purring and praying for Persia.

Boyfie never seems to drink. He has a bowl of fresh water every day and
never touches it. I don't know why.
Kitty FC never drank either until she got into trouble with her kidneys.
Maybe the wet food they have/had gave them the hydration they needed?

Canned food does give them a lot of hydration. Also, it's possible that
Boyfie drinks water when he is outdoors.

I'm hoping Persia will get a very good vet report.

MaryL

OEJ 's vet visit Stormmee Cat anecdotes 12 March 29th 10 07:34 PM
TED visit Marina Cat anecdotes 11 February 21st 06 10:44 PM
TED Visit!!! Stormmee Cat community 7 November 13th 05 04:14 AM
TED visit Adrian Cat anecdotes 18 May 9th 04 10:15 PM
TED visit Marina Cat anecdotes 32 November 19th 03 05:21 AM