More Human Purrs

Old July 10th 05, 03:55 PM
jmcquown

Default More Human Purrs

My dad has had his share of trials and tribulations. A few months ago he
had surgery to correct blockages in the femoral artery in his leg. Last
week he had a spot removed from his nose and it was bioposied and is
melanoma. He has 4 more spots to be removed from his face in the next two
weeks (which may require skin grafts and plastic surgery). Since he's a
lymphoma survivor of almost 3 years now, we are understandably concerned
about this new cancer.

Dad, a former avid golfer, has had repeated exposure (over-exposure,
actually) to the sun in his 81 years. When concerns about sun exposure came
around years ago, Mom and I were always trying to get him to wear sunscreen
on the golf course. He either forgot or was being stubborn. Now it appears
he's paying the price. (I avoid the sun like the plague and practically
bathe in the baby-strength sunscreen when I'm working those outdoor shows
with John.)

Purrs for this to be localized and easily treated and that this is the end
of his troubles for a while.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Old July 10th 05, 04:04 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-07-10, jmcquown penned:

Dad, a former avid golfer, has had repeated exposure (over-exposure,
actually) to the sun in his 81 years. When concerns about sun
exposure came around years ago, Mom and I were always trying to get
him to wear sunscreen on the golf course. He either forgot or was
being stubborn. Now it appears he's paying the price. (I avoid the
sun like the plague and practically bathe in the baby-strength
sunscreen when I'm working those outdoor shows with John.)

Wow. I should've read this before my little adventure yesterday ...

Purrs for this to be localized and easily treated and that this is
the end of his troubles for a while.

Many purrs incoming. My dad had a growth in his lip, but while it
turned out to be larger than expected, all seems to be well now with
no sign of return. I hope the same will be true for your dad.

--
monique, who spoils Oscar unmercifully

Old July 10th 05, 04:05 PM
Dan and Nancy Mahoney

Purrs for this to be localized and easily treated and that this is the end
of his troubles for a while.

Jill

I'm with you on the sun screen. My pasty-white legs stay pasty-white
even through the summer (oh, thw wonders of being a redhead).

We'll be sending the best purrs we can muster for your dad.

Dan
Old July 10th 05, 04:25 PM
CatNipped

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Oh Jill, he sure has had more than his fair share of health problems lately!
Purrs on the way that this is something localized and easily treated.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 10th 05, 04:27 PM
jmcquown

On 2005-07-10, jmcquown penned:

Dad, a former avid golfer, has had repeated exposure (over-exposure,
actually) to the sun in his 81 years. When concerns about sun
exposure came around years ago, Mom and I were always trying to get
him to wear sunscreen on the golf course. He either forgot or was
being stubborn. Now it appears he's paying the price. (I avoid the
sun like the plague and practically bathe in the baby-strength
sunscreen when I'm working those outdoor shows with John.)

Wow. I should've read this before my little adventure yesterday ...

I didn't post it before you told about your adventure, Mo, but I was going
to fuss at you and now I don't have to! Not that you intentionally got your
sunburn, but you know... be careful! Snow (like water) is very reflective
and intensifies the sun exposure.

Many purrs incoming. My dad had a growth in his lip, but while it
turned out to be larger than expected, all seems to be well now with
no sign of return. I hope the same will be true for your dad.

Purrs for your dad not to have any recurrence. And thank you.

Jill

Old July 10th 05, 04:34 PM
Adrian

jmcquown wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for your father.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old July 10th 05, 04:43 PM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers for your dad.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
.. .

Old July 10th 05, 04:45 PM
jmcquown

Dan and Nancy Mahoney wrote:
Purrs for this to be localized and easily treated and that this is
the end of his troubles for a while.

Jill

I'm with you on the sun screen. My pasty-white legs stay pasty-white
even through the summer (oh, thw wonders of being a redhead).

Heheh, I'm Scottish-American so I know where you're coming from. I used to
be embarrassed by my paleness. Now, at almost 45 (end of this month) I'm
happy to say I look about 10 years younger than all those "sun-worshipers"
who are the same age or younger than I am.

We'll be sending the best purrs we can muster for your dad.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. We're still purring for your mom, too.

Jill

Old July 10th 05, 04:46 PM
Annie Wxill

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .
.... Purrs for this to be localized and easily treated and that this is the
end
of his troubles for a while.
Jill

Hopeful and healing wishes are headed your way for your dad, your mom and
you.
Annie

Old July 10th 05, 04:55 PM
wafflycat

"jmcquown" wrote in message
.. .

Purrs for this to be localized and easily treated and that this is the end
of his troubles for a while.

Jill

Of course! Here's hoping all is well.

helen s

Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
More human purrs, too Dan M Cat anecdotes 42 September 13th 04 06:38 AM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Kitty purrs and tuna purrs Dan M Cat anecdotes 57 July 22nd 04 07:00 AM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM