Cats on diet

Old November 12th 04, 04:37 PM
Mike

Default Cats on diet

Like human, like animal
The Atkins diet may be a fading fad, but the low-carb lifestyle is
making its way into pet-food stores nationwide.
at http://www.washtimes.com/culture/200...1158-2042r.htm
Old November 12th 04, 05:30 PM
Mary

"Mike" wrote in message
Like human, like animal
The Atkins diet may be a fading fad, but the low-carb lifestyle is
making its way into pet-food stores nationwide.
at http://www.washtimes.com/culture/200...1158-2042r.htm

One thing I think makes sense for people and cats--if you are not eating
what you want, you will eat too much of what is around, trying to find
satsfaction, and get fat. I think Buddha's high-carb dry diet cat food
is partly to blame for her obesity.

Old November 12th 04, 06:14 PM
PawsForThought

From: "Mary"

"Mike" wrote in message
m...
Like human, like animal
The Atkins diet may be a fading fad, but the low-carb lifestyle is
making its way into pet-food stores nationwide.
at
http://www.washtimes.com/culture/200...1158-2042r.htm

One thing I think makes sense for people and cats--if you are not eating
what you want, you will eat too much of what is around, trying to find
satsfaction, and get fat. I think Buddha's high-carb dry diet cat food
is partly to blame for her obesity.

Yeah I would think eating all those carbs has to contribute to weight gain. I
know it does with myself
As to the article, when Mickey and Meesha were kittens, when I first got them I
was feeding them Halo's Spot's Stew. It looked exactly like beef stew for
people (of course with cat appropriate supplements added). I don't know if
most cats would like it though because it wasn't stinky like typical cat food.

Lauren
________
Declawing Info: http://www.wholecatjournal.com/articles/claws.htm
Old November 12th 04, 10:29 PM
~*Connie*~

well cats were built to eat mice and rodents, which are mostly meat, with
some carbs in their digestive track, and some bones thrown in for calcium.

They do best on a high protein low carb diet in general.