is this normal?

Old February 15th 04, 07:17 PM
MacCandace

You never hear people telling parents that they are irresponsible for having
children when so many children die everyday.

Guess you weren't around in the 70s when zpg was the big thing. Personally, I
do think it's irresponsible to have a bunch of children in this overpopulated
world. I'm glad I did my bit for zpg and then some. I've always thought that
people who choose not to have children should have some sort of tax incentive.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)
Old February 15th 04, 08:00 PM
-L.

"Mary" wrote in message .com...
"Laura R." wrote

You really are as smart as a box of rocks, aren't you?

I feel compelled to protest on behalf of boxes of rocks everywhere.

oh, and your kids will be brought into
the discussion, also.

Just warning you. I joined the newsgroup as I am the
mother of four children,

Let me guess, the first one "came along" when you were, oh, let's
see...seventeen? Fifteen? I'm sure it was a planned pregnancy and
you'd finished your education first. And you're no doubt raising

your
little duhlings to be as charming, benevolent and well-read as you
are.

make that six including my two sweet kitties,

Cats deserve to live with people who aren't oozing bile and
vituperation (look it up, Einstein) with every breath.

but
unfortunately a few people here are a bit high schoolish

No, just you, but that's no surprise as it was probably the last
formal education you had.

as I am sure you
will see. Good luck to you, though.

I'm sure frigamia will sleep better knowing that she has the well-
wishes of a bellicose maniac whose gift to the world is a stream of
whiny posts endlessly spewing bilge about how abused she is.

Damn, now I have to go build up my karma again, or I might return in
my next life as a nasty troll with an Internet connection, a litter
attesting to my lack of ability to use birth control, and a house
full of glue traps with cats stuck to them.

Hot damn, Laura. Write much?

Laura is the Kung Fu Master: http://www.winternet.com/~mikelr/flame22.html

-L.

Old February 15th 04, 09:19 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"Laura R." wrote in message
.. .
circa 15 Feb 2004 19:17:05 GMT, in rec.pets.cats.health+behav,
MacCandace ) said,
I've always thought that
people who choose not to have children should have some sort of tax

incentive.

ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!! And how about some "non-maternity" leave, too?

Then there're family leave days, which people w/ kids take on a routine
basis, but peope w/o kids can't convert those days to use in any other way -
as personal or sick days, for ex.

Cathy

("The Boy in the Bubble") Paul Simon

Old February 15th 04, 09:47 PM
Sherry

My opinion only,
I can hardly see people with children putting down people who let their cat
have one litter of kittens and telling them they are irresponsible for
letting it happen when billions of cats die everyday and are homeless and
sick etc.
I agree that we have to save the cats and help their population go down... I
am a cat lover and want their well being just like every cat lover does.
But, frankly, I am much more concerned about the children dying everyday
because they are too poor to eat, or too sick to live, or too unlucky to
live in a good family.

I *so* do not understand your logic.
Have you ever volunteered at a shelter? It's pretty easy to justify breeding
your cats if you haven't. However, the miracle of birth just loses some luster
once you witness the miracle of euthanasia.
Your argument about children seems rather moot. ....two wrongs don't make a
right .Honest. We are killing cats at an alarming rate in this country. It has
to stop. The only way it's going to stop is if people neuter *all* their cats.
Spend some time at a shelter, please. I *guarantee* your attitude toward
breeding will change once you watch dead kittens being bagged up.

Sherry

Old February 15th 04, 09:48 PM
Sherry

And I know that
she's the happiest cat alive at the moment, and that she will be even
happier when she can take care of her little furballs.

Groan. This makes me want to throw up. Honestly.

Sherry