Love Bites

Old September 9th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Love Bites

Since Sue is talking about her shelter experiences in hopes of adopting a
new forever friend, I thought I'd define once again the concept of a "love
bite".

When Persia is snuggled up next to me on the couch, as she is wont to do,
she's always purring up a storm. She gives me that slow, blinky eyes "I
love you" look I blink back. She starts rubbing her face on my arm
(and/or my book!). If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,
accompanied by another slow blink of the eyes. It's a love bite, and I love
it when she does it! Of course she is appropriately rewarded with more
scritches and my telling her what a wonderful, pretty girl she is

Jill

Old September 9th 07, 05:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
she's always purring up a storm. She gives me that slow, blinky eyes "I
love you" look I blink back. She starts rubbing her face on my arm
(and/or my book!). If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,

Basho and I have a similar routine, except that he likes to be on my
chest, and his choice of my anatomy for love bites is my nose. :-/
If he grabs my whole nose sideways, it doesn't hurt at all, but if he
"misses", one of his fangs ends up inside a nostril and then it kinda
hurts. But I know he does it because he loves me, he rarely does that to
Tom. He's my sweet boy.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old September 9th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Will in New Haven

On Sep 9, 11:26 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Since Sue is talking about her shelter experiences in hopes of adopting a
new forever friend, I thought I'd define once again the concept of a "love
bite".

When Persia is snuggled up next to me on the couch, as she is wont to do,
she's always purring up a storm. She gives me that slow, blinky eyes "I
love you" look I blink back. She starts rubbing her face on my arm
(and/or my book!). If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,
accompanied by another slow blink of the eyes. It's a love bite, and I love
it when she does it! Of course she is appropriately rewarded with more
scritches and my telling her what a wonderful, pretty girl she is

WooToo has two occasions for a love bite. When I am petting her and we
are cuddling, she will sometimes give a gentlle nip on my thumb. On
rare occasions, she will miss and bite my hand near my thumb but it is
still gentle.

Another time is when I am going to sleep and _not_ petting her but my
thumb is within reach. Then it is a reminder that _she_ is not ready
to sleep and that I am neglecting my pettin duties. It is still gentle
but has a bit more sting.

Will in New Haven

--

"If you don't see the mouse at the table in the first few minutes,
check your own breath for cheese." Feather in Poker for Cats

Jill

Old September 9th 07, 05:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sep 9, 10:26 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
.......If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,
accompanied by another slow blink of the eyes. It's a love bite, and I love
it when she does it! ... Jill

Rosie gives love bites. She purrs while doing it, and she is gentle
and it's just a squeeze on my hand.
Cinder likes to lick my finger tips and nibble on my nails.

Annie

Old September 9th 07, 05:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Lily loves to nibble on my arm when we are cuddling. She will
lay on my chest with her head on shoulder, and once in a while
she will lean down and give my arm a lick and then start
nibbling. It hurts sometimes, but she stops when I say 'don't
bite Mama.'

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old September 9th 07, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Sep 9, 10:26 am, "jmcquown" wrote:
Since Sue is talking about her shelter experiences in hopes of adopting a
new forever friend, I thought I'd define once again the concept of a "love
bite".

When Persia is snuggled up next to me on the couch, as she is wont to do,
she's always purring up a storm. She gives me that slow, blinky eyes "I
love you" look I blink back. She starts rubbing her face on my arm
(and/or my book!). If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,
accompanied by another slow blink of the eyes. It's a love bite, and I love
it when she does it! Of course she is appropriately rewarded with more
scritches and my telling her what a wonderful, pretty girl she is

Jill

Casper (RB) did something similar with Eric. When we get home from
work, the first thing Eric usually does is relax in the great room.
Casper would jump into his lap and begin to lick and nibble his
forearm, usually his right arm for some strange reason. Purring up a
storm, she would groom him, pulliing on his hair, and sprinkle love
nibbles along the way. It was the cutest thing! The hair on his
right arm was much shorter than his left!!

--Eric, Kim and the Chigger Ranch Crew

Old September 9th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Since Sue is talking about her shelter experiences in hopes of adopting a
new forever friend, I thought I'd define once again the concept of a "love
bite".

When Persia is snuggled up next to me on the couch, as she is wont to do,
she's always purring up a storm. She gives me that slow, blinky eyes "I
love you" look I blink back. She starts rubbing her face on my arm
(and/or my book!). If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,
accompanied by another slow blink of the eyes. It's a love bite, and I
love
it when she does it! Of course she is appropriately rewarded with more
scritches and my telling her what a wonderful, pretty girl she is

Jill

We had one cat who tended to be a little shall we say enthusiastic with the
biting portion of this routing. Fortunately he would never lay a tooth on
anything he hadn't licked first so we could always stop the bite part.

It never pays to play this out with a nipped out cat. They can lose track
of jaw pressure. But even then they are love bites. Not potential to the
bone attacks.

Jo

Old September 9th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:

Since Sue is talking about her shelter experiences in hopes of adopting a
new forever friend, I thought I'd define once again the concept of a "love
bite".

When Persia is snuggled up next to me on the couch, as she is wont to do,
she's always purring up a storm. She gives me that slow, blinky eyes "I
love you" look I blink back. She starts rubbing her face on my arm
(and/or my book!). If she gives my arm a quick lick or two I know it will
soon be followed by a love bite. This is just ever so gentle pressure,
accompanied by another slow blink of the eyes. It's a love bite, and I love
it when she does it! Of course she is appropriately rewarded with more
scritches and my telling her what a wonderful, pretty girl she is

I wish someone would inform Melisande of the difference
between "bite" and "love bite"! She'll be snuggling and
purring up a storm, proceed to the licking bit, then bite
down so hard she draws blood! It's gotten so I hesitate to
pet her, because the next move is all too often to turn her
head and bite down (HARD) on the hand doing the petting!
Old September 9th 07, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

lick or two I know it will soon be followed by a love bite. This is
just ever so gentle pressure, accompanied by another slow blink of
the eyes. It's a love bite, and I love it when she does it! Of
course she is appropriately rewarded with more scritches and my
telling her what a wonderful, pretty girl she is

I wish someone would inform Melisande of the difference
between "bite" and "love bite"! She'll be snuggling and
purring up a storm, proceed to the licking bit, then bite
down so hard she draws blood! It's gotten so I hesitate to
pet her, because the next move is all too often to turn her
head and bite down (HARD) on the hand doing the petting!

I'll ask Persia to have a talk with her!

Old September 9th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Glad to say none of my three bite. Piglet use to bite the men in the family
but I always gave her a no no and am glad to say she listened. Of course,
the no no was followed by a pat and a treat if she didn't bite.
oups.com...